emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Didn’t know you can score with your arm now

Ridiculous offside.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I can't believe this guy is still around! I remmeber him playing against medieta and hasslebank, viduka for roma against boro in uefa Cup and he's still playing, and he only 32 wtf
Yeah was 17/18 back then. Also on loan at Fulham in 09/10! Got the odd Italian cap from that time aswell as was seen as decent young prospect.

That last 10 minutes was hilarious but Juventus didn't look too bad in fairness, generally controlled the game and Dybala looked very good after being in exile last two years. Mind you were playing a Udinese team with 4/5 ex Watford players in it so bigger tests to come.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
My betting site let me put some money on United winning the premier league this season, but it won't let me bet on Inter to win serie A. Smart feckers.

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
Inter looking great, Inzaghi could do a great job here. Big difference in the approach than Conte still same structure. Could be an intereresting season. Dzeko is quality really, hope he can cope full season. Hakan will probably be better with us than Eriksen. Eriksen were good but imo Hakan is better, quite like Hakan gotta say, great offensive force.

Allegri/Ronaldo situation at Juventus will be interesting to follow aswell.

(Hope Mourinho has a great season at Roma and stay in Serie A for a long time)

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
Serie A expenditures accounting for both ins and outs below. Fingers crossed that Jose holds it together. Inzaghi is an excellent coach who did very well with Lazio considering they never spend so I expect Inter to remain contending with Juve. Curious to see what Sarri can do with Lazio this season. Can see him and Jose butting heads at Derby time.

Roma - €-95.53m
AC Milan - €-55.60m
Bologna - €-26.75m
Napoli - €-19.00m
Atalanta - €-15.10m
Sampdoria - €-14.00m
Fiorentina - €-11.15m
Hellas Verona - €-11.00m
Venezia - €-10.69m
Cagliari - €-9.00m
Spezia - €-8.20m
Lazio - €-5.70m
Juventus - €-3.00m
Sassuolo - €-3.00m
Salernitana - €-800k
Torino - €6.80m
Genoa - €14.70m
Empoli - €19.20m
Udinese - €55.50m
Inter - €166.05m

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
What are inter's balances now?
They still seem to be in massive debt due to all the transfer dealings from the past

Last 6 seasons
2021/22 +165m
2020/21 -20m
2019/20 -125m
2018/19 -10m
2017/18 -60m
2016/17 -140m

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
I went to San Siro last saturday after almost two years, enjoyed the match.
Very good match for us against Genoa, great midfield teamplay and six quality scores (two disallowed).
So happy for Skriniar to score the first gol of the season.

The roster needs a forward more, we are up to signing Lazio's Correa.
I hardly wish him to join us (Correa, Dzeko, Lautaro and (hope for)a healthy Alexis is a good attacking force)
Forza Inter.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
What are inter's balances now?
They still seem to be in massive debt due to all the transfer dealings from the past

Last 6 seasons
2021/22 +165m
2020/21 -20m
2019/20 -125m
2018/19 -10m
2017/18 -60m
2016/17 -140m

We still have to wait October for the 2020/21 Annual report but looking at the previous 5 years (EUROS)

(Rough translation = Ricavi Gare: Matchday revenues, Fatturato Netto: turnover, costo personale: staff cost, ammortamento: amortization, imposte: taxes, risultato netto: net result)

Well they're not looking good.. Just look at how much the staff costs/amortizations have changed in the last few years : from 124/39 million in 2016 to 198/123 million in 2020. It shows that Suning have invested a lot to become competitive and win Scudetto but their ambitious strategy has not been sustainable given the DRAMATIC net result (102 million loss on 30.06.2020, it will probably be around 150 million in 2021).. It seems like they went "all in" and now there will be the consequences.

Just to compare with Manchester United (Pounds):

Crazy how that "amortization" numbers were similar in 2020, despite Inter's turnover were half than United's (£ 509 -> € 600 million and MUFC didnt even play in the UEFA Champions League that season)..
I think it's one of the reason why they sold their 2 most expensive signings, they desperately needed and still need to lower amortization and staff cost..

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This Milan-Sampdoria game almost feels like a PL game. The pace and intensity this is being played at is very entertaining.

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Same ACMilan as it was last year... no ideas, no teamplay, just defence and counterbacks.
They lack in quality players and Stefano Pioli isn't a top team manager IMO.

I'm not changing my mind... ACMilan overperformed in 2020/21.
Not sure if they reach top4 again (inter, juve, napoli, roma, atalanta are better). Let's see...

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
What a debut, El Tucu Correa!!!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Empoli take the lead in turin :lol:

And they've played juventus off the park since the goal

Also these new uefa normatives on foul threshold are awesome. No longer will we have to suffer olympic diver cuadrado

Last edited:

Zoo

Juventus lose at home to Empoli. Brutal week for them.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Players that have been mediocre for ages for them are still in the team and Juve simply don’t seem to care. Alex Sandro and Bernardeschi still getting regular minutes is insane

De Sciglio coming on for Cuadrado with 10 minutes to go…there’s no words for that

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Juventus look painfully average, Chiesa (and maybe De Ligt) aside..

Their midfield is tragic: Bentancur, Rabiot and McKenny were utterly shit tonight, need Locatelli in shape ASAP and I'd re-sign Pjanic on loan at this point.. Dybala will always be an inconsistent player and Morata simply not good enough to play for a Scudetto contender..

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Players that have been mediocre for ages for them are still in the team and Juve simply don’t seem to care. Alex Sandro and Bernardeschi still getting regular minutes is insane

De Sciglio coming on for Cuadrado with 10 minutes to go…there’s no words for that
Cuadrado was completely tired

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Who is Juventus going to blame this time? Wasn't the problem Ronaldo?
Indeed.

The truth is Ronaldo has been the one thing stopping Juve from falling into medicority in recent seasons.

Playing through Ronaldo wasn't holding Juve back. It was elevating many players who wouldn't get near Juve's best teams.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Early days, don't write them off just yet. Most of those players are still quality, we'll see what Allegri can make of them

Granted, the idea that cristiano was holding them back required quite the leap of faith :lol:

Cuadrado was completely tired
Yeah, getting up constantly takes a lot of energy, i can tell

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Juve need Locatelli to fix their midfield by himself and Dybala/Chiesa to have great seasons, that's the only way they can win the title. If any of those three gets injured or has a bad season they'll have big problems.

Serie A will be great to follow this season I think. Inter, Lazio, Juve, Napoli, Atalanta, Milan and Roma could finish in any order and I wouldn't be that surprised about it.

RedDevilPure

Seems like Juve's problem lies a lot deeper than Ronaldo. I thought this season was a shoe-in for them to win back the Scudetto given that Allegri is back. Shame Conte left so soon, he could have probably dominated the league.

Pintu

Shame Conte left so soon, he could have probably dom
Inzaghi may not be a Conte, but he is a very good manager and given the depth of Inter squad he will surely pull out a great season, they are still the favorites.

The game last night reminded me of October 2018, Empoli went ahead and Ronaldo got a brace to win it for Juve. He did that times and again. Allegri will have to produce much more than just counting on individual prowess for Juve to have a shot at challenging for the s.cudetto

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus still have the best squad in the league. Just not by as big a margin

abundance

Supports
Inter
Juventus still have the best squad in the league. Just not by as big a margin
Best squad, yes (and by a big margin).
Best 11, nope.

Their defence inspire reverence but it's not just as good as it looks at first sight.

Midfield is a sad mess and that's where teams are DOA.

Attack is sexy but they now really miss a consistent goalscorer.

If they sort themselves out, they'll be a force. If they don't, they'll be a farce, as they don't have the quality and the proper mix to cruise on autopilot.

Granted, Allegri *is* expected to sort them out, no nonsense, very pragmatically. And if I were him, I'd be more excited than scared: as it is a hard task, but by no means impossible - best setup to dive in a challenge.

But make no mistake, it *will* be a challenge: they all will have to sweat this out.