Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

This is becoming extremely rare in Europe. To see three different winners in 3 seasons.
Yeah this is great to see. I've really enjoyed watching this league this season. It almost had a Bundesliga like flow and intensity to a lot of the games. Looking forward to next season.

Robertd0803

Happy for Milan. They deserve it. Also hopefully means that there is light at the end of the tunnel for us.

Pintu

Barca,Madrid and Atletico in 2019-2021. Glad to see the competitive edge back in Italy. Bundesliga and Ligue1 are monopolies, and currently the PL is a Two Horse race despite the much-touted Top6.
The PL numbers are insane. It is becoming impossible to win it with a tally under 90 points.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Great for Milan.

Also, Serie A this season has been a great watch. Long may it continue.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Was looking at the Cagliari squad there and I'm surprised they've been relegated tbh. Some good players in there. WTF happened?

Ludens the Red

Hmm just seen the three Milan goals, literally all from Sassuolo giving the ball away within about twenty yards of their box with the rest of the team mysteriously so high up the pitch :lol:

Pintu

Hmm just seen the three Milan goals, literally all from Sassuolo giving the ball away within about twenty yards of their box with the rest of the team mysteriously so high up the pitch :lol:
Sassuolo plays like this all year. It worked for them in Milano when they won at both Milan and Inter thanks to the high pressing.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If the Liverpool owners get ahold of them, they might be back in European contention as well

Ludens the Red

Sassuolo plays like this all year. It worked for them in Milano when they won at both Milan and Inter thanks to the high pressing.
They spent all year giving away goals like that and managed to survive? I don’t believe that..

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
There is much more interest in Serie A abroad if the games are open and the winners diverse. A trained eye can see through the lines and appreciate the facades, yet the masses will just enjoy the ride and subscribe the product (aha!).

Pintu

They spent all year giving away goals like that and managed to survive? I don’t believe that..
Well they score many goals as well. The average goal/game in a Sassuolo game is around 3,5… Normally under 3 in all top leagues.

Ludens the Red

There is much more interest in Serie A abroad if the games are open and the winners diverse. A trained eye can see through the lines and appreciate the facades, yet the masses will just enjoy the ride and subscribe the product (aha!).
Well they score many goals as well. The average goal/game in a Sassuolo game is around 3,5… Normally under 3 in all top leagues.
Lads, come on :lol:

I mean that second goal, they actually give it away twice.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
half of assuolo's starting XI are KNOWN interisti... i have a strong suspicion they didnt hand Milan the trophy...

also, that is how they play. milan presses hard too. they're a decent team but get caught a lot

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Sadly I don't think this is a good look for Serie A
This Milan team is easily the weakest Scudetto winner in the past decade, it's a testament to the fact that this is the weakest Serie has been in a very long time.

Inter and Milan did not end the Juve dynasty, Juve kinda ended it themselves

Pintu

Agree with this. It’s like the Leicester win in 2016 (ahead of Spurs and Arsenal), but then City, and others invested massively and got the title fight back to a top level. The difference in Italy is nobody can afford to run with it and the fight will stay at a Spurs-Arsenal level.

KC91

I suspect Juventus, and Milan themselves both reinforce big time going in to next season.

Inter will likely take a bit of a step back as it’s looking like more sales are on the horizon & I actually see Roma with the right investment making a big push for CL football next season, with Napoli probably dropping a bit. Great title win for Milan though, one of the youngest squads in the league, and lots of room for them to grow still.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
Great title win for Milan though, one of the youngest squads in the league, and lots of room for them to grow still.
@OptaPaolo
26&97 - AC Milan are the youngest team to win the Scudetto in Serie A in the three points for a win era (26 years and 97 days on average considering the players used in 2021/22 campaign). Freshness.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sadly I don't think this is a good look for Serie A
This Milan team is easily the weakest Scudetto winner in the past decade, it's a testament to the fact that this is the weakest Serie has been in a very long time.

Eh. Inter went above 90 points last season

And honestly, i'm not sure the league was weaker this year than through most of the 10s...

Definitely weaker than 17/18, sure, or 19/20, but pretty much in line with the other seasons. Except for the lack of a great side winning it

Pintu

And honestly, i'm not sure the league was weaker this year than through most of the 10s...

Definitely weaker than 17/18, sure, or 19/20, but pretty much in line with the other seasons. Except for the lack of a great side winning it
The top 3 of 2016/17 finished the season with 86,87 and 91 points. That's higher than the champion this year. And the teams, not only Juve, but even both Roma (with Salah, Dzeko, Ninja, De Rossi...) and Sarri's Napoli were clearly stronger teams than the 2 Milan now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The top 3 of 2016/17 finished the season with 86,87 and 91 points. That's higher than the champion this year. And the teams, not only Juve, but even both Roma (with Salah, Dzeko, Ninja, De Rossi...) and Sarri's Napoli were clearly stronger teams than the 2 Milan now.
That season was a weird one honestly. With relegation basically already decided by January, half the league was on holydays for half the season. Look at the goals scored, too. It's hard to judge the strenght of the league in a season that had nothing to do with anything that came before or after. Personally i also think those Roma and Napoli sides were not better than Milan or Inter. I think overall it might have been a bit stronger in the top 6-7 but massively weaker from like 8th position down

Arios

Supports
Juventus
I suspect Juventus, and Milan themselves both reinforce big time going in to next season.

Inter will likely take a bit of a step back as it’s looking like more sales are on the horizon & I actually see Roma with the right investment making a big push for CL football next season, with Napoli probably dropping a bit. Great title win for Milan though, one of the youngest squads in the league, and lots of room for them to grow still.
neither Milan or Inter have the funds to get significally strongers this summer.
Juventus depends on Exor. They didn't want to risk CL spot and bought Vlahovic in Jannuary.
Now we gotta see what they'll allow after losing Dybala,Chiellini,Bernardeschi and Morata for 0€

abundance

Supports
Inter

It's hard to assess the real strength of the leading teams in this spring neck to neck title race.

Napoli threw it away silly and most of Inter and Milan opponents played it very soft.

We would've won the last nine games in a row without much effort if we didn't suicide all by ourselves vs Bologna.

Milan had Lazio, Fiorentina, Atalanta and Sassuolo gifting them the game with amateurish defending.

Inter goes from utterly dominating anybody when on form to not being able to string two passes together when off.

We also have nobody at all contributing pace and dribble to the offence, we lack precision and clinicality across all team in finishing and assisting, and our squad depth is null.
Plus the keepers situation is beyond words.

Milan plays it super simple with a compact and tight defence and straight counters in the space, kudos to them to make the best of their players traits that allow for such a style but they kept edging it with teams big and small on composure, favorable episodes, and a title-worthy keeper, can't see them going much further than this with their current setup.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
we finished 2nd last season, w maybe the worst injury streak id ever witnessed at this club. despite it, inter were undoubtedly the best team and won it deservingly.
we finished 1st this season, w some pretty unsavory calls against us.

this isn't like a miracle out of nowhere. the team has been built from the ground up. the youngest to ever win it. they deserved it this season, 100%. yes, of course they NEED to improve the squad, and that's literally what maldini said yesterday - "this has to be a starting point, not the objective".

With deals for origi, renato sanches and sven botman apparently already "wrapped up", we've started that process. we are 2-3yrs of building from being real contenders on all stages. but just 2yrs ago, we were 6-7yrs ago from winning a scudetto.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Once again,I'm truly glad to see Milan back on top; memories from the '00s; today I feel a bit younger.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Lads, come on :lol:
I mean that second goal, they actually give it away twice.
Mate, the previous pages on this same topic show a number of my considerations about a number of… dodgy?… soft?… hard-driven?… circumstances and goals happened this year, the very same day they happened. That said, Milan was indecently pumped last year but Inter had Conte and won the league; Inter has been critically assisted this year at crunch time but Milan had Pioli + a number of “soft” games and won the league. All is good, all are happy, see you next year.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is it bad?
It's decent, not native speaker good but good enough. When you consider he's spent 9 seasons and a half in Italy, this is the least you'd expect. For example Lukaku's been here 2 years and speaks better italian than him