Italian Serie A 2022/23

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
I partially agree, between minute 15 and 30 the game was quite unwatchable but the rest of the game was nice imho, I think overall was fun.

If you just watch 15 random minutes you can't really get an idea.
For example I started watching Nottingham - West Ham from min 68 because italian player Gianluca Scamacca was subbed on and well.. I stopped watching a dozens minutes later as, among cooling break, time wasting from NF players (GK was booked for that IIRC), subs and two injuries suffered by Niakhate, I think just 2 minutes were played.
I was so bored I changed channel but from the highlights I've seen during cooling break (two crossbar hitted, goal line clearance and penalty missed by WHU) guess it was a entertaining game (and super frustrating for Hammers)

SirAF

Ageist
At least Roma knows how to list the lineup properly!

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The truly duly Pinball League is back! :drool:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Jovic scored on his debut. Hope he has a good season. He's wasted years at Madrid barely playing.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
That Lazio-Bologna match was all sorts of fun to be fair. This one's putting me to sleep. Just had an a-ha moment when I remembered it's a Mourinho team.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What's the issue ? Love that kind of enthusiasm.
No no, it's fine. Feyenoord fans are actually widely mocked nationally by over celebrating. It just seemed excessive even by our standards. I personally love it, emotion is what makes football great.

el3mel

No no, it's fine. Feyenoord fans are actually widely mocked nationally by over celebrating. It just seemed excessive even by our standards. I personally love it, emotion is what makes football great.
I don't have an issue with this. Always looked weird to me why people mock other clubs for such kind of celebrations. We have people here who mock oppositions for over celebrating the League Cup or getting top 4. Let them enjoy the moment, why does it concern you so much that other teams find enjoyment in such moments ? They won, they're fine to do what they want.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Why isn't this thread, the La Liga one and the Ligue 1 one not stickied ?
Southern Europe football is simply not as good. The Bundesliga and English Premier League are where it's at.

Deal with it :cool:

Chip

We actually sold Mike Smalling to Roma for €3 million :wenger:

el3mel

Is that Spinazzola playing on their left side ? Guy is pretty damn good dribbler.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Another assist for SMS tonight. Sign him up Fergie

el3mel

I don't know what's missing with Zaniolo. He always looks good on the ball but his end product seems to suck ultimately.

Josh 76

Mourhino quietly building a solid team in Roma. Maybe he’s not quiet finished yet.

el3mel

Yep it was him, had a good game and looks to be getting back to proper fitness now. Smalling was immense again, I guess Italian football really suits him.
Guy is really good. He was one of Italy's best player in the last Euro before the unfortunate injury. Good to see him back.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't know what's missing with Zaniolo. He always looks good on the ball but his end product seems to suck ultimately.
Yeah, I'm waiting for him to get going to the level he should be at.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Never change Jose, 1-0 lead and taking off Abraham for Matic. Gung ho play for a second not on the cards then.
Nope. Turns out that was passive-aggressive Mourinho making a point of telling his bosses he needs more strikers :lol:

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Mourhino quietly building a solid team in Roma. Maybe he’s not quiet finished yet.
This can answer at the end of season but I would say on paper Roma looks strong. At least, Roma must performs well in Europa this season ( I expect them at least round8 but they have some chances of winning too).

Pintu

thought it meant comeback?
Well, it does, or at least it has become the main meaning in the football jargon.

Some Spanish residents certainly would have a better grasp but my understanding is that it can take many other significations. If for example, you say "remontar las escaleras." that would mean "Climb the stairs". So "remontada" in this sense means "climbing".

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The 1-0 scoreline for Roma does not tell the full story.

Zaniolo alone could have had a hattrick and an assist, Dybala as well was unfortunate not to Score, Abraham as well.

The link up play between those 3 was brilliant and when Gigi gets involved this will be even better.

Hoping Roma can sign a few more players (Belotti ?) and maybe shock some people this season.

José seems to have found a home in Rome with the fans and the club adoring him and seemingly giving him his confidence back. Would love to see a comeback story from one of the all time great coaches.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
The 1-0 scoreline for Roma does not tell the full story.

Zaniolo alone could have had a hattrick and an assist, Dybala as well was unfortunate not to Score, Abraham as well.

The link up play between those 3 was brilliant and when Gigi gets involved this will be even better.

Hoping Roma can sign a few more players (Belotti ?) and maybe shock some people this season.

José seems to have found a home in Rome with the fans and the club adoring him and seemingly giving him his confidence back. Would love to see a comeback story from one of the all time great coaches.
Agree, Roma seems to have great future in this season. We will see at the end of the race.

avgp_1

Kvaratshkhlia having a great start to his Napoli career, has looked lively today. Goal + Assist so far.