Italian Serie A 2022/23

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Gatti is not a kid, he turns 25 in two months, but he is having a bit of an unconventional career, I guess. Went from being a bricklayer and amateur footballer to starting for Juventus in four years.

I don't rate any of the other kids particularly high, to be honest. They are in the mix, because this is a poor squad and we need to save some money. Soule is a winger without pace or outstanding dribbling ability. He is a bit of a Dybala, but without the latter's deadly left foot. Hard to see a role for him in a good team. Fagioli is already 22, he has some nice touches, but lacks strength or any other outstanding ability. Miretti is the youngest of them and you can tell that he is still fairly green. I like the way he moves between the line and is looking to move the ball forward. He really needs to work on his final ball, though, as he often squanders promising situations.

That said, they are all playing their first real season in Serie A and for Soule and Miretti it is the first real senior season at all. While none of them looks particularly outstanding, they are holding up in what is a very difficult season for the club. I'd rather have them make up the numbers than having a bunch of Paredes or Ramsey type of players.
Spot on and I am not really sure Elkann has the will, the appetite or the basic convenience to assemble a superior squad with ready-made quality players, in the current environment. This also means Allegri cannot stay any longer as the head coach.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
This also means Allegri cannot stay any longer as the head coach.
You're gonna pay Allegri's monster wages to sit at home? Not sure this climate allows that either.
Would be silly to let him go, too.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You're gonna pay Allegri's monster wages to sit at home? Not sure this climate allows that either.
He may get a suit and a tie for a role in the hierachy, though: football is past him nowadays, but he has been and still is the only man able to put the face in the public storm.

abundance

Supports
Inter
He may get a suit and a tie for a role in the hierachy, though: football is past him nowadays, but he has been and still is the only man able to put the face in the public storm.
8mil/year to be a spokesperson? ツ

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Atalanta-Roma in a few minutes, not a bad game for a Monday evening. I was at the stadium the day Atalanta beat Udinese 7-1, 3.5 years ago, and a young Amad scored the seventh. Good times. :D

Gandalf

Smalling injured, Dybala, Matic and Spina on the bench. I am not sure if Jose feels that maybe winning the Europa is an easier route to the Champions League than a top 4 finish or if they are just that drained from extra time on Thursday that he feels he cannot chance them. I do think Roma should be beating Atalanta but they could really do with 2021/22 Tammy tonight and not this seasons version.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Lazio losing at home is a surprise, they’ve been on a good run and had an outside chance of putting pressure on Napoli.

Dia looks interesting, not for a top team but he looks a handful at Salernitana
Lazlo are a team on the up and going through another cycle. Can’t wait to enjoy it.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Smalling injured, Dybala, Matic and Spina on the bench. I am not sure if Jose feels that maybe winning the Europa is an easier route to the Champions League than a top 4 finish or if they are just that drained from extra time on Thursday that he feels he cannot chance them. I do think Roma should be beating Atalanta but they could really do with 2021/22 Tammy tonight and not this seasons version.
They have a very deep squad though. It’s about time some of the start stepping up. The purist in me will rather see an Atalanta victory.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Atalanta-Roma in a few minutes, not a bad game for a Monday evening. I was at the stadium the day Atalanta beat Udinese 7-1, 3.5 years ago, and a young Amad scored the seventh. Good times. :D
Gasperini was a genius then…

…but the starting XI on the day was: Gollini; Toloi, Kjaer, Dijmsti; Hateboor, de Roon, Pasalic, Castagne; Papu Gomez; Ilicic, Muriel.

Bench: Sportiello, Palomino, Ibanez, Freuler, Gosens, Amad, Malinovski, Musa Barrow, Piccoli.

They would walk this year’s Serie A, ffs! :houllier:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
3-1 Atalanta :lol: Jose’s bait for his plebs, there already: it’s because of the 15 points given back to them, it’s always THEM, but this is Italy. :lol::lol:

Pintu

Inter only has Bastoni from their back 3 and they’ve completely shut down Juventus.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Gotta love Juve's coaches fuming

After Juve - Napoli:
Allegri's assistant to Spalletti: "Pelato di merda, ti mangio il cuore" ("Bald shit, I'll eat your heart")
Allegri to Napoli's bench: "Ammazza, avete vinto uno scudetto" (Ohhh wow, you won one league")

After Inter-Juve:
Allegri to Inter's directors: "Siete delle merde, ma tanto arrivate sesti" (You're all assholes, good thing you'll finish sixth")
Allegri screaming to his players in the locker room: "Ora dobbiamo arrivare davanti a loro in campionato, non dobbiamo mandarli in Champions" ("Now we must finish ahead of them, we must not let them qualify for CL")

Can it get any better than this? =D

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Gotta love Juve's coaches fuming

After Juve - Napoli:
Allegri's assistant to Spalletti: "Pelato di merda, ti mangio il cuore" ("Bald shit, I'll eat your heart")
Allegri to Napoli's bench: "Ammazza, avete vinto uno scudetto" (Ohhh wow, you won one league")

After Inter-Juve:
Allegri to Inter's directors: "Siete delle merde, ma tanto arrivate sesti" (You're all assholes, good thing you'll finish sixth")
Allegri screaming to his players in the locker room: "Ora dobbiamo arrivare davanti a loro in campionato, non dobbiamo mandarli in Champions" ("Now we must finish ahead of them, we must not let them qualify for CL")

Can it get any better than this? =D
No words about your game, no words about your win, no words about your incoming final, no words about yoyr incoming CL semifinal. Only one, and one obsession. Can it get any better than this?

Idxomer

If the dead meet zombies, the dead stand no chance.
How do the fans feel about Allegri? Every time I catch Juve, the football is just painful. I don't know how can anyone tolerate it the whole season.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
How do the fans feel about Allegri? Every time I catch Juve, the football is just painful. I don't know how can anyone tolerate it the whole season.
What we are seeing on the pitch, worse and worse since the Sarri year, is the direct consequence of a number of internal and external factors that brought a top 3 club in Europe down to its existentially uncertain prospects for the next future, at all levels. Until the day Elkann comes out in person to tell the world (and the employees at the club) what he wants to do with its noisy toy, there is no strategy. It’s by all means like an abandonware project at the moment. Presumably, he will fix any problem as soon as possible and then… sell? Start again? Survive only? The pitch always mirrors what happens in the HQ: nothing of nothingness, for the time being.

The-Mezzala

Bit of the Jose syndrome his brand of football is not expansive enough for modern football. But still a solid pair of hands. Napoli, Milan , Bolonga and even Fiorentina are playing expansive football slowly changing the culture in Serie A

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They're kinda ambivalent. They hate the football, most don't think he's right for the job, a good chunk of them never rated him even when they were winning everything domestically and making CL finals, but at the same time they recognize the results are generally good and there's a bit of a careful what you wish for element in there as well from the Sarri/Pirlo interregnum(btw, genuinely think sacking Pirlo was hasty. Yeah results weren't great but performances by and large were good, they could have had something there with him, ao unless there was a significant player push i'm unaware of to get rid I think they might have been well served to give him another season)

Idxomer

Thanks for the replies.

Allegri is way more negative than Jose currently, and I do agree that giving Pirlo another season wouldn't have been the worst decision to take.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Pirlo was sacked because he was doing in part and would have done a Lampard in full on us on year 2.

Pintu

Top 4 battle is goinna be huge. Atalanta & Lazio being out of the Cups is a big advantage. The European semifinals being scheduled within 7 days could be impacting as many as three games for each of the teams involved...

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope Fiorentina win a cup this season, whether Coppa Italia or Conference league. Always had a soft spot for them and their stadium is one of my favourites.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Roma score in the last minute. Abraham who is having a poor season.

Mourinho special :lol:

el3mel

If I were a Roma fan, I would probably stop watching football altogether for few weeks after this.

ti vu

Insane end to the game just like the away game. Fair result. Top 4 race is gonna be crazy

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If I were a Roma fan, I would probably stop watching football altogether for few weeks after this.
That's what milan fans felt after the first leg :lol:

And given the way they played for a few weeks after, it would have been the right decision too :lol:

Arios

Supports
Juventus
I heard that if we're not in CL we can fire him without paying remaining wages

Sure it can. It can also be a lot worse. Just finish ahead of them in the league please. You and Milan both, and one of the Rome clubs
right now after Ceferin words which makes it clear that no matter what we're not gonna play UEFA competitions next year
I hope for top4 Serie A to be Napoli,Lazio,Roma and Atalanta. Milan and Inter Europa League

Charlie Foley

No words about your game, no words about your win, no words about your incoming final, no words about yoyr incoming CL semifinal. Only one, and one obsession. Can it get any better than this?
I mean, you could have won your match so…yeah probably

Pintu

This could be Scudetto day for Napoli… After so many years, and after the famous bottling in 2018…

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
I criticized a lot Lukaku's current season here a few weeks ago (well it was deserved, 1000 minutes without scoring from open play in Serie A) but now it seems he's back and in the past few games he's been really good.
Doubt Chelsea will keep him, after that famous interview there's no place for him there but at least he's back to be a proper footballer with some sale value.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Lukaku is a completely different player with Lautaro. Inter keep their top 4 hopes alive after what looked like yet another "lolz can't score in the league" game :lol: