Italian Serie A 2022/23

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
New season, folks… rejoice! Serie A starting grid for your excitement:

1- AC Milan, defending champions and leading the pack again!
2- Internazionale, best squad in spite of weak club, Inzaghi going all-in!

3- Juventus, weaker than last year, Allegri on his last gig!
4- Roma, dark horses with a deep squad and a fired up Jose!

5-8 Napoli, Lazio, Atalanta + the usual overachieving squad.

Bold prediction: AC Milan will make the CL quarter finals!!

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Roma is the real dark horse in this season, their players are very strong. Possibly has some chances in top3 for sure.
I think number 1-4 this season can be every team from Milan to Napoli.

The most interesting point in this season: This is Allegri’s last opportunity in Juventus, he must performs well in this season.

Bello Giacomo

Supports
Genoa
Forza Genoa (in Serie B :(). Ma Donna!

Think Milan back to earth this season, max a 3, Juve and Inter occuperà 1 e 2. Roma e Napoli fight but no have consistency. I think dark horse is Atalanta. Suffer injuries and not ave squadra for CL, but no Europe this year.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Forza Genoa (in Serie B :(). Ma Donna!

Think Milan back to earth this season, max a 3, Juve and Inter occuperà 1 e 2. Roma e Napoli fight but no have consistency. I think dark horse is Atalanta. Suffer injuries and not ave squadra for CL, but no Europe this year.
L'Atalanta è molto moderno attraente.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Serie a has been surprisingly exciting these past few seasons.
I'm expecting more of the same.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Can't wait, love Serie A. I'm off to Genoa for the Sampdoria v Lazio game later in the month as well.

Will be interesting to see how Roma get on this season and whether Juve can recover there old form. Inter will win it though is my prediction.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think Napoli make top 4. I think 6th for them with the top 4 being (no particular order) Inter, Milan, Roma and Juventus.

Ramos

Napoli losing Koulibaly, Insigne, Mertens and Ghoulam in one transfer-window. All at the club for a minimum of 8 seasons or more. End of an era.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think Napoli make top 4. I think 6th for them with the top 4 being (no particular order) Inter, Milan, Roma and Juventus.
Couldn’t agree more

Inter, Milan, Juventus and Roma have most chances for being in top4. Right now, I wouldn’t predict who will win this year, since I think this year will fun and it’s probably close more than previous years for sure.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Young players to watch!

I would start with three prospective Juve midfielders, currently fighting to stay in the squad for the season: Nicolo’ Rovella (2001), Nicolo’ Fagioli (2001), Fabio Miretti (2003). Considering the dreadful state of Juve’s midfield, the perennial injuries and the cost-cutting attitude from the front office, it is very possible all three of them are going make the cut. The last big player emerging from the academy was Marchisio, 15 years ago, so let’s see what happens.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Young players to watch!

I would start with three prospective Juve midfielders, currently fighting to stay in the squad for the season: Nicolo’ Rovella (2001), Nicolo’ Fagioli (2001), Fabio Miretti (2003). Considering the dreadful state of Juve’s midfield, the perennial injuries and the cost-cutting attitude from the front office, it is very possible all three of them are going make the cut. The last big player emerging from the academy was Marchisio, 15 years ago, so let’s see what happens.
Nicolo’ Rovella is a versatile footballer who could play trequarista , registrar or mezzala, he’s a real talent guy.

The problem is Max Allegri doesn’t like to use teenagers or wonderkids( everyone knows from his latest interview). I hope that he will use Juve’s talents more an more.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus will unfortunately reestablish its stranglehold this season. The milan clubs will stay competitive and end in CL. Napoli and Roma will fight for 4th. Fiorentina my dark horse

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Juventus will unfortunately reestablish its stranglehold this season. The milan clubs will stay competitive and end in CL. Napoli and Roma will fight for 4th. Fiorentina my dark horse
Conte is still coaching Spurs, mate. He’ll come again to the rescue of that 10 euros restaurant, though, next year or the other.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Inter. Milan. Roma. Juventus In that order imho.

Inter: Perisic is a big loss but the difference in having Lukaku instead of Dzeko upfront should largely compensate their problems on the left (Gosens has looked unconvincing so far)

Milan: The only key player lost has been Kessiè but we signed a potential amazing talent as CDK, Ballon d'Or contender Kjaer is back and two very interesting youngsters as Yacine Adli and Pobega have returned from their loan spell. We should get around 82-85 points but I fear Inter will get more thanks to Romelu.

Roma: Spinazzola is back after missing the whole past season. Matic, Belotti, Wijnaldum and Dybala are great addition (also for the depth). Defence is average and Rui Patricio has become mistake-prone keeper though.

Juventus: their fullbacks are too weak to be a title contender imho, Allegri is finished as top coach, Pogba and Di Maria are there just to prepare the world cup and Chiesa will be 100% back only in January as confessed by their manager.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And we're off

Can a mod sticky this thread? It's a pain to have to look for it everytime

Arios

Supports
Juventus
And we're off

Can a mod sticky this thread? It's a pain to have to look for it everytime
I guess there is not enough interest to keep it sticked!

Btw nice start from Milan!
Penalty gifted and nice goal from Masina

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Young players to watch!

Inter. Milan. Roma. Juventus In that order imho.

Inter: Perisic is a big loss but the difference in having Lukaku instead of Dzeko upfront should largely compensate their problems on the left (Gosens has looked unconvincing so far)

Milan: The only key player lost has been Kessiè but we signed a potential amazing talent as CDK, Ballon d'Or contender Kjaer is back and two very interesting youngsters as Yacine Adli and Pobega have returned from their loan spell. We should get around 82-85 points but I fear Inter will get more thanks to Romelu.

Roma: Spinazzola is back after missing the whole past season. Matic, Belotti, Wijnaldum and Dybala are great addition (also for the depth). Defence is average and Rui Patricio has become mistake-prone keeper though.

Juventus: their fullbacks are too weak to be a title contender imho, Allegri is finished as top coach, Pogba and Di Maria are there just to prepare the world cup and Chiesa will be 100% back only in January as confessed by their manager.
Enjoyed these posts. Any potentially elite emerging talents at other clubs?

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Well with potential Kostic, Depay and Paredes additions the situation should change quite a bit compared to my previous post and Juventus for sure would be a title contender..
3-5-2: Danilo- Bonucci - Bremer- Kostic - Pogba - Paredes - Locatelli (Zakaria) - Chiesa (Cuadrado)- Depay (Di Maria)- Vlahovic definitely is good enough to win Serie A with a competent manager, let's see what Allegri does; he has no excuses this season.

Great start from us meanwhile.. Very convicing win against Udinese.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
From tonight games, four more Italian youngsters to watch: Destiny Udogie (2002), Udinese’s left back, just snapped by Spurs and on loan back to Udinese again for the season; Caleb Okoli (2001) and Giorgio Scalvini (2003), both centre backs for Atalanta and the latest recruits from their truly brilliant academy; Pietro Pellegri (2001), striker for Torino and former wonderkid looking for redemption after a few difficult years at Monaco.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
San Siro almost full on August 13th for the league opener. Wow

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Hear, hear… first game, first soft penalty… just five minutes after a very early 0-1 at home.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Wowww… such a great start from Milan

Great team spirit, great in attack but the defense doesn’t perform that well today.

Forza Milan

Oh and Oh , I’m excite to see CDK as a starter in next game, since I hope he will perform superbly at San Siro. Today, he shows some of his abilities to the world.

Lay

The Georgian Khvicha Kvaratskhelia at Napoli looks promising. Very good dribbler. I think Napoli will suffer a bit this season without Koulibaly, Mertens and Insigne - even if the latter two have their faults.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Inter were running into a brick wall named Falcone before Denzel Dumfries breaks through with his belly/side on the last play of the game @KirkDuyt

Lay

Love those celebrations. Not as if they did a lap of honour after drawing 2-2 with West Brom

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just seen Lookman scored on his Atalanta debut. He hasn't kicked on from his early promise at Everton but given way Atalanta play he could be producing some fantastic output by end of season as most front 3 Atalanta players tend to do with their style so they could easily sell him back to premier league for 40-50m in two years.

One of the most interesting summer moves I think.

::sonny::

Well with potential Kostic, Depay and Paredes additions the situation should change quite a bit compared to my previous post and Juventus for sure would be a title contender..
3-5-2: Danilo- Bonucci - Bremer- Kostic - Pogba - Paredes - Locatelli (Zakaria) - Chiesa (Cuadrado)- Depay (Di Maria)- Vlahovic definitely is good enough to win Serie A with a competent manager, let's see what Allegri does; he has no excuses this season.

Good on the paper

In reality an old squad really weak defensively

Oranges038

Ac Milan winning 2-1 against Udinese. Watchin a rerun of it, 15 mins in I'd say about 3 mins of actual football has been played.

How is that football?

Pintu