Italian Serie A 2022/23

Gandalf

The 1-0 scoreline for Roma does not tell the full story.

Zaniolo alone could have had a hattrick and an assist, Dybala as well was unfortunate not to Score, Abraham as well.

The link up play between those 3 was brilliant and when Gigi gets involved this will be even better.

Hoping Roma can sign a few more players (Belotti ?) and maybe shock some people this season.

José seems to have found a home in Rome with the fans and the club adoring him and seemingly giving him his confidence back. Would love to see a comeback story from one of the all time great coaches.
Agree with that, Zaniolo was all over them in the first 20 minutes and that one Dybala chance was so close. I thought he had hit the post but on the replay you can see it was just going inside and the keeper got the faintest touch and that slight deviation kept it out and even then if Abraham gets a shout and leaves the rebound Zaniolo would have scored into an empty net as he was face on and not trying to sort his feet out and shoot from a bad angle like Tammy.

avgp_1

This is too easy, how open are Verona. 2-6

Edit:VAR no goal.. 2-5 it remains

Pintu

Yes the Georgien kid looked very good.

Not sure why Napoli’s sixth goal got ruled out.

avgp_1

Yes the Georgien kid looked very good.

Not sure why Napoli’s sixth goal got ruled out.
Seemed for the block on the goalkeeper. Not clear though

Bremer moved to Juve? That's a proper replacement for De Ligt

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks the weakest Juve squad for quite a while looking at their bench, surprised they're being tipped to win Serie A with ease.

What other strikers do they have in the squad beyond Vlahovic?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Kvara with a dream debut even if we didn't see his full dribbling capability. Osimhen scores again against Verona. Hopefully he can have an injury free season because he's on the verge of being top quality striker. Napoli play some beautiful football :drool:

Lay

Looks the weakest Juve squad for quite a while looking at their bench, surprised they're being tipped to win Serie A with ease.

It amazes me that Cuadrado still plays. I feel it was years ago I was watching him at Fiorentina thinking he's going to be world class.

izec

Juve did some good business. Di Maria and Bremer were excellent buys. An improvement on last year's Dybala and De Ligt

Canagel

Di Maria has always been class. When Kostic, Memphis and Parades are added to this they will be a problem.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Di Maria in Serie A should be illegal honestly

Pintu

They are not weak. They lost 2 important players (De Ligt and Dybala) and replaced them with similar quality. I’d say Di Maria is an improvement on the injury prone Dybala.

They added Pogba and Kostic which will undoubtedly help with the creativity. Chiesa will also feel like an addition.

But as you point out, not many reliable strikers. They are one Vlahovic-injury away from having to count on Moise Kean.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They are not weak. They lost 2 important players (De Ligt and Dybala) and replaced them with similar quality. I’d say Di Maria is an improvement on the injury prone Dybala.

They added Pogba and Kostic which will undoubtedly help with the creativity. Chiesa will also feel like an addition.

But as you point out, not many reliable strikers. They are one Vlahovic-injury away from having to count on Moise Kean.
Kean is still there?! :lol: Lad's carving out a nice little career for himself just warming the bench constantly at CL clubs, at least someone like Morata actually starts regularly.

Forgot about Chiesa, not sure when he'll be back from injury but top class of course.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan

Agree, absolute fair Point

The biggest problem in Juventus right now is Max Allegri’s tactics( we will see in future games).

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Agree, absolute fair Point

The biggest problem in Juventus right now is Max Allegri’s tactics( we will see in future games).
no the biggest problem is that without Pogba this midfield lacks personality and quality.
The trio Zakaria-Locatelli-McKennie isn't really anything but mediocre.
Now if you were to add a "fit" Pogba , Paredes and a Milinkovic-Savic that would make a hell of a difference in term of quality and carisma and goals and assist.

What's fecking stunning is that Juventus so far spent 0€ or almost. Every buy comes from a sale. We can't even invest 55m on Milinkovic Savic -.-

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
no the biggest problem is that without Pogba this midfield lacks personality and quality.
Now if you were to add a "fit" Pogba , Paredes and a Milinkovic-Savic that would make a hell of a difference in term of quality and carisma and goals and assist.

What's fecking stunning is that Juventus so far spent 0€ or almost. Every buy comes from a sale. We can't even invest 55m on Milinkovic Savic -.-
Juventus should invest on SMS or another great midfielder, if they want to perform really well in UCL( round8 to final) or European tournament. I will see how Max Allegri use Pogba in this season.

Skills

Snitch

You don't rate Locatelli?

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Juventus should invest on SMS or another great midfielder, if they want to perform really well in UCL( round8 to final) or European tournament. I will see how Max Allegri use Pogba in this season.
well now is a bit too late for it.
And seeing how the owners doesn't seem to want invest anything...
It's clear sold players to buy new ones, replaced gone for free players with others free agents.

0 € spent. That's reality.
Expecting to go for a big cm sign now... I don't think there is enough time

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
well now is a bit too late for it.
And seeing how the owners doesn't seem to want invest anything...
It's clear sold players to buy new ones, replaced gone for free players with others free agents.

0 € spent. That's reality.
Expecting to go for a big cm sign now... I don't think there is enough time
You could always risk on a rough diamond to see if the player evolves. Low risk high reward financially speaking. Someone like Zakharyan or Beltran would be budget acquisitions, but they are actually players with amazing potential to step up.

SRB87

Supports
ACU
I think not pursuing Vlahovic was a big mistake for us. He has everything that the team is missing....like what are or were the other options even? Only Haaland? Anyway, he will prob finish as the top scorer in Italy this year.

Swordsman

why can't United learn from Milan ? Milan took 11 years to rebuild and won the Serie A.

on another subject do you think Milan is good enough to retain the title ?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Two super cute soft penalties for Juve and Milan already.
Yeah, how dare FIGC keep Inter on the line until 90+5 minute against the worst team in Serie A? More than justified, then, letting your joy explode as you just won the CL and send a well deserved up yo*rs to them cospirators!!!

abundance

Supports
Inter
Yeah, how dare FIGC keep Inter on the line until 90+5 minute against the worst team in Serie A? More than justified, then, letting your joy explode as you just won the CL and send a well deserved up yo*rs to them cospirators!!!
Bepi you're not born yesterday.
This is a season that will see much...stuff going on.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if that's not the case of course

Lay

Napoli have strengthened well. There was doom and gloom a week ago but now there’s much optimism.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Bepi you're not born yesterday.
This is a season that will see much...stuff going on.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if that's not the case of course
I can only think you are crying wolf already (first game… ffs) in order to excuse an incoming gigantic flop!?

abundance

Supports
Inter
I can only think you are crying wolf already (first game… ffs) in order to excuse an incoming gigantic flop!?
Flop? Nah...
For what concerns us, if we don't lose any important pieces in the last days of transfer market, I think we'll do sort of like last year: mostly good, but not good enough to prevail.

It's just...
Milan is on the rise, Juventus can't screw around anymore.
Lip service on italian press is cranked at 11.
I've already seen a good deal of pretty ambiguous things last year.
I got a feeling we'll see a rise in shady things, and I'm gonna keep tabs, for the sake of it.

Last edited:

abundance

Supports
Inter
why can't United learn from Milan ? Milan took 11 years to rebuild and won the Serie A.
11 years to rebuild? =D
Nope man, nobody needs 11 years to rebuild.
Milan did just like Utd. for 8 years, screwing around wasting money with delusional ambitions, with no direction and silly directors.

Then they got their house in order, brought in the right people to make the calls with competence and vision, resisted the urge to mess around again when things didn't look so bright, grew gradually, and in a couple years they found themselves in the right position to capitalize on the slip ups of the competition.
And yeah sure, from that, Utd can learn.

Yep sure, they're solid, and a good deal flairy for Serie A.
Anyway, between Juve, Milan, Inter, Napoli, and even Roma, nobody stands out at being so much stronger on paper, and with a season cracked split in the middle by the WC, it will be won mostly on form and fitness, luck with injuries, and mental ability to keep up during bad patches.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Inzaghi really needs to win games and stop whining because he has the best squad in line, even Lukaku is back upfront to do miles better than grandpa Dzeko. Any different, preventive narrative is just… pathetic?

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral

Milan wouldn't finish top 4 in the Premier League(I don't even think this is a controversial opinion) or come close to winning La Liga/Bundesliga. United under Mourinho/that one Ole season would have nicked a Serie A title despite being crap and awfully run.

The Italian league is going through an awful phase in terms of sporting level. Even though, it's been entertaining recently, the general level is low. The way every veteran/PL reject seems to kill it there plus their embarrassing performances in Europe is the biggest proof.

On a positive note, Serie A will potentially be very exciting to watch because of the number of sides capable of winning the thing but the level of Football needs to improve gradually because let's face it: we all love Italian Football and many of us grew up following it.

Anyway, between Juve, Milan, Inter, Napoli, and even Roma, nobody stands out at being so much stronger on paper, and with a season cracked split in the middle by the WC, it will be won mostly on form and fitness, luck with injuries, and mental ability to keep up during bad patches.
I'm probably gonna be embarrassingly wrong about this one but I can see Roma doing something truly special this season. Roma fans are fully on board with Jose and not one fan will complain about non-issues like style of play(Roma actually play exciting free flowing Football in 80% of their games).
Jose is great at getting the best out of his forwards. Dybala is gonna be awesome this season. Mourinho seems like the kinda coach who prefers his attackers to be intelligent and have that bit of magic since he doesn't micromanage attackers and tends to give them freedom in terms of patterns of play in the final third. Roma are a physically strong team and a massive threat from set plays. Dybala and Pellegrini are 2 of the best free kick takers around. I'd still say Roma need a Centre Back and a Fast winger/forward for depth/competition for places.

Jose has done a tremendous job in developing Zalewski. They also have Spinazzola back. For me, Roma are my second bet/favourites after Juve to win this season. The morale around the club is fantastic.

Di Maria in Serie A should be illegal honestly
Di Maria has always been class. When Kostic, Memphis and Parades are added to this they will be a problem.
100%.
ADM will tear the league apart. Think he'll slot in as one of the best players in the league immediately.

About Pogba: people believe that he'll just jump back to his old Juve level straight away but I can actually see this transfer being a dud. It can go either way imho.

Pintu

Milan wouldn't finish top 4 in the Premier League(I don't even think this is a controversial opinion) or come close to winning La Liga/Bundesliga. United under Mourinho/that one Ole season would have nicked a Serie A title despite being crap and awfully run.
Serie A's overall level is certainly below the overall level of the PL. But still United would have won 2 PL titles in 2018 and 2021 if it weren't for Abu Dhabi... And there is no way you can be sure that Milan wouldn't finish top 4 in the PL when Tottenham with Juve rejects Kulusevski and Betancur managed to do it.

This being said, Milan doesn't have the best squad in Italy and they weren't last season. Inter was the best squad and they should have won the title. Inter's confrontation with Pool in the CL definitely left me with the feeling they'd have been comfortably top 4, probably third, of last season's PL.

Lay

Kvara although still raw is looking like a top talent. Good second goal :drool:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Any good links to stream football games? I want to watch Roma but can't find a stream for the life of me.