Italian Serie A 2022/23

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ohhh you're right. I missed that kick completely. Probably because Mancini actually forgot about it too and remembered it very late. :lol:

But yeah I can see the reason for it. Thanks.

Still think Mancini should have at least got a yellow for all the shirt grapping at the start.
Also the theatrics, honestly it wasn't even good acting. Red is correct but damn, i'm kind of glad Kean kicked him :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
It took a while, but, as I predicted, give him a proper run in as a starter and Lobotka will flourish. Best midfielder in the league.

People tried to argue Ruiz was better but EH EH.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
To people follow AC Milan, how has Malik Thiaw been? Didn't have an idea he left Schalke for Milan this season and noticing that he's been starting this year. Do fans rate him as a high potential player?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
To people follow AC Milan, how has Malik Thiaw been? Didn't have an idea he left Schalke for Milan this season and noticing that he's been starting this year. Do fans rate him as a high potential player?
He's been the surprise of 2023. He's been great over the last month since he broke into the team

Arios

Supports
Juventus
The FIGC appeals to the Council of State against the Tar ruling which had required the Federal Prosecutor's Office to allow consultation of the "Covisoc Charter" after the appeal by Paratici and Cherubini.

This is getting funnier and funnier.
Wonder what's in this document that they're trying to hard to hide.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
The Council of State REJECTED the request for suspension and sets the Council Chamber for the FIGC appeal on the "Covisoc Document" for 23 March. On Monday, the FIGC WILL HAVE have to deliver the card kept secret up to now to the Juventus defence.

:lol::lol:

They got istantly rejected and told to give papers by monday

Now I'm curious to see if this paper they didn't want to hand out will invalidate the process or involve Inter,Napoli and Roma as some people say

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The Council of State REJECTED the request for suspension and sets the Council Chamber for the FIGC appeal on the "Covisoc Document" for 23 March. On Monday, the FIGC WILL HAVE have to deliver the card kept secret up to now to the Juventus defence.

:lol::lol:

They got istantly rejected and told to give papers by monday

Now I'm curious to see if this paper they didn't want to hand out will invalidate the process or involve Inter,Napoli and Roma as some people say
If it's anything, yeah. Either evidence was obtained illegally - meaning Juventus are guilty as hell but they hid it well enough, which would make everybody mad. If the latter, then probably they figure they don't have enough to get convictions against those clubs, and don't want this to become a multi-club case which would complicate and twist matters

Arios

Supports
Juventus
If it's anything, it will be the latter. Probably they don't have enough to get convictions against those clubs, and don't want this to become a multi-club case which would complicate and twist matters
let's see
Facts are that Paratici and Cherubini requested these papers last year in march-april and you tell me they didn't have enough evidence after a year?
I'm sceptical.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
let's see
Facts are that Paratici and Cherubini requested these papers last year in march-april and you tell me they didn't have enough evidence after a year?
I'm sceptical.
? They evidently have enough evidence to be farily confident of a conviction against juventus and the people involved. My guess is they don't have enough with regards to other clubs, they're afraid if this turns from "juventus and agnelli and co. did X and Y crimes" to "juventus and agnelli and co. did X and Y crimes , but also Napoli and Inter and Roma did X crime too" it would complicate things and perhaps even question their accusation of juventus did X crime

X being player trading in this analogy

Arios

Supports
Juventus
how can you call it a crime if Abodi,Gravina and whatever after the sentence said that we'd need rules ??

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
how can you call it a crime if Abodi,Gravina and whatever after the sentence said that we'd need rules ??
It was an analogy. The bottom line is if whatever's in that document involves other clubs, the prosecution's issue would be one of it muddying the waters, giving juventus a credible line of defence and thus reducing the likelihood of a guilty verdict

I mean, we know juventus are guilty when it comes to player trading - though as you said, in this case guilty doesn't actually mean guilty of a crime, not exactly. We also know Napoli and other clubs are guilty of it too, because they're obvious. But "it's obvious" is not enough for a penal court, which makes the whole accusation difficult to prove. Hence why the accusations against juventus are built on a supposed system of using player trading to falsify the books, as opposed to bringing up specific individual deals

Arios

Supports
Juventus
It was an analogy. The bottom line is if whatever's in that document involves other clubs, the prosecution's issue would be one of it muddying the waters, giving juventus a credible line of defence and thus reducing the likelihood of a guilty verdict

I mean, we know juventus are guilty when it comes to player trading - though as you said, in this case guilty doesn't actually mean guilty of a crime, not exactly. We also know Napoli and other clubs are guilty of it too, because they're obvious. But "it's obvious" is not enough for a penal court, which makes the whole accusation difficult to prove. Hence why the accusations against juventus are built on a supposed system of using player trading to falsify the books, as opposed to bringing up specific individual deals
you just described a witch hunt you know?
Inter for years sold youth players to stay alive
How comes in the end only Juventus get punished? I'm honestly still incredulous

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Kvartschelia is like a Messi regen.
It's like watching late teens/early20s Messi whenever he's dribbling.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
You just knew he'd score as soon as he got the ball. Probably the best 1v1 attacker out there at the moment.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Odds on Napoli bottling the latter end of the season? :D
After losing last week, I thought today would be big if napoli failed to win but it’s back to 18 points. Would be the most bottle of bottle jobs if they fall apart now

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
April 30, home against Salernitana, they officially win the title

abundance

Supports
Inter
That is not what this is all about.

The guilty verdict cannot be modified.
Juventus and the other clubs were found not guilty in the first sports trial, then after new wiretaps and evidence surfaced in the criminal investigation, sport prosecutors requested for an appeal trial with the new evidence included, where the clubs were found guilty and sentenced to different penalties.

That is the final verdict on the case.

Juventus then appealed to the last court level, the Guarantee Board of the sports court.
That is a procedural court, its job is not of reevaluating the case and changing the verdict, it can only ratify the verdict if it deems that the trial was procedurally correct, or outright erase it if it wasn't.

Juventus lawyers were hoping that the contents of this note sent from the sport prosecutor office to the commission of vigilance on clubs' finances in April 2021 could help them to demonstrate procedural faults.

Sports prosecutors have 90 days to investigate a case since the moment they are aware of a possible infraction.
IIRC sports investigation on Juventus started in early 2022, after they received relevant information from criminal prosecutors independently investigating Juventus.

If this note contained wording that could imply that the sports prosecutors were already suspecting some Juventus wrongdoing in April 2021, they could have asked to back-date the start of the investigation, and basically all the evidence that the prosecution has produced in the trials would end up being considered inadmissible due to expired terms.

The note is now public. IANAL, but it seems it doesn't contain anything that could help Juventus case.
It seems they'll have to go back to try to play their cards on the admissibility of the wiretaps in appeal.

The FIGC appeals to the Council of State against the Tar ruling which had required the Federal Prosecutor's Office to allow consultation of the "Covisoc Charter" after the appeal by Paratici and Cherubini.

This is getting funnier and funnier.
Wonder what's in this document that they're trying to hard to hide.
Sports clubs and personnel have an arbitration clause that compels them to go through sports courts and reach a final verdict before trying to bring a dispute up in regular state courts.
FIGC will always oppose any member trying to do that before a final verdict is reached.
And indeed in this case they merely asked for a suspension of TAR judgement until the final judgement in the sports trial.

Again IANAL, but in this case they were denied the suspension because the TAR involvement is not meant to overlap, interfere or stall the sports trial, instead it's to add desiderable clarity and transparency to it

abundance

Supports
Inter
which just says enough about all your blurb, so stick to your wishes as an Inter fan and be it
Oh, it seems you did read it fully to the bottom despite not being in the "something something Clowns Muppets Circus!" format that you so much prefer.
I'm flattered.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Oh, it seems you did read it fully to the bottom despite not being in the "something something Clowns Muppets Circus!" format that you so much prefer.
I'm flattered.
In your shoes, I would really keep pushing for third in the league: with Juventus going to be demoted, a well worded appeal against the extremely dodgy, league-altering Osimhen deal by Napoli might win you another scudetto di cartone… and with a new world record: third placed becoming second and then first!

I am not sure the Napoli ultras club in the sport justice courts would listen, though. What a mess!!

abundance

Supports
Inter
In your shoes, I would really keep pushing for third in the league: with Juventus going to be demoted, a well worded appeal against the extremely dodgy, league-altering Osimhen deal by Napoli might win you another scudetto di cartone… and with a new world record: third placed becoming second and then first!

I am not sure the Napoli ultras club in the sport justice courts would listen, though. What a mess!!
Like I care.

And no, from what has emerged so far Napoli didn't do what Juve directors did - which was basically to go full retard. Never go full retard.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Like I care.

And no, from what has emerged so far Napoli didn't do what Juve directors did - which was basically to go full retard. Never go full retard.
You are not a lawyer, yet smart enough to separate cumulative negligent acts (“go full retard”) from a single malicious one (Osimhen deal: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.p...er-suspected-fraud-in-osimhens-transfer-deal/ ), right?

Anyway, this is a mere 2006 copycat from different instigators (Inter then, Napoli now), so your surprise, high ground, contempt is tripe. Just side with Santoriello, Torsello and any other party asking again for “justice to the onesti” (ha! De Laurentiis’ words in 2023 like Guido Rossi in 2006) and stop pretending you care for more.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Mourinho must be furious, this is peak dumb:

With the ball safely in the goal keeper a Roma player kicks an opponent in the box. Penalty and red card :lol:

Pintu

Mourinho must be furious, this is peak dumb:

With the ball safely in the goal keeper a Roma player kicks an opponent in the box. Penalty and red card :lol:
Kumbulla was kicked by Berardi, that should be the first foul. No penalty... He then reacts and kind of deserves the red card.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I really don't know what to say about this team anymore. Their temperament is a clear reflection of the manager. We've lost games this season by our own undoing.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Incoming games at Freiburg and Inter will set the tone on the pitch before the legal circus starts later this month.

UTD_Since_1978

Just looked at the league table for the first time in a long while & was absolutely gobsmacked that Napoli are 18 points clear at the top, wow! :eek:

And that Juve are struggling to make the top 4.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Excluding Lazio that got knocked out, the six italian clubs advancing in Europe conceded a single goal in 1080 total combined minutes.

Smells like good ol' calcio =D