Italian Serie A 2022/23

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They ran out of steam the last month or so but what a brilliant team they have been this season. Happy for Spalletti too, finally got a Scudetto.

BorisManUtd

Well done Napoli, refreshing to see another team win it than the usual 3 of Juve/Inter/Milan. Just checked and it's 1st time that other team than those 3 has won Scudetto since Roma back in 2001. 22 years.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Apparently one person was shot to death and three other people suffered gunshot wounds in the title celebrations.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Kind of cool that they win it in the season Argentina win the World Cup. Diego shining on them both.

Pintu

Leao taken out injured at the worst time possible. 4 days before the derby in the CL semifinal… But Milan couldn’t rotate, this game being just as important, a must win for the top 4 race.

Josh 76

Kind of cool that they win it in the season Argentina win the World Cup. Diego shining on them both.
Franco Berasi was asked how does this Napoli team compare to the Napoli team of the 80s.

His response “lol, you can’t compare, they had Maradona!”

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Roma 2 down to Inter so bar a mass winning run they're looking likely to finish 7th.

Think Leverkusen will edge them out over two legs aswell although you never rule out Mourinho teams in later stages of cup competitions.

Are we however slowly entering third year Mourinho meltdown? I did wonder if he was seriously considering the Portugal job but guess the timing wasn't quite right. That would've been a good job to pretty much end his top level career management on anyway.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Both Milano teams doing their jobs. I've got no sympathy for Juve but with them winning as well it'd look a bit better in terms of kicking those fascist, racist scumbags out of CL qualification.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The guy has to be one of the best football owners in history, from serie c to serie a champions while playing attractive football in-between.

I guess it makes up for producing the worst Hannibal film in existence.

Cloud7

Roma 2 down to Inter so bar a mass winning run they're looking likely to finish 7th.

Think Leverkusen will edge them out over two legs aswell although you never rule out Mourinho teams in later stages of cup competitions.

Are we however slowly entering third year Mourinho meltdown? I did wonder if he was seriously considering the Portugal job but guess the timing wasn't quite right. That would've been a good job to pretty much end his top level career management on anyway.
This makes me happy. Nothing against Roma personally but too many people were talking about “Mourinho has still got it”

Lay

Roma have a lot of injuries to take into consideration and the fans love him from what I’ve seen

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Roma have a lot of injuries to take into consideration and the fans love him from what I’ve seen
They wouldn't even be in a top 4 race if both Milan clubs weren't shitting so much

Milan - A 5 game winless run at the start of the year + multiple winless runs vs bottom tier teams.

Inter - Dropping points against bottom tier teams and going on a 5 game winless run - managing 1 point out of 15

It's actually crazy how they couldn't even take advantage of this.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Aren't they rotating more due to europa? Tammy and Dybala both came on as second half subs today and Wijnaldum and Smalling were unused.

Lay

Aren't they rotating more due to europa? Tammy and Dybala both came on as second half subs today and Wijnaldum and Smalling were unused.
Tammy has been shite this season though. Dybala has to be carefully played due to his fitness issues. I genuinely don't believe he can play 2-3 games a week anymore. Wijnaldum missed most of the season and Smalling has just come back from injury

Lay

They wouldn't even be in a top 4 race if both Milan clubs weren't shitting so much

Milan - A 5 game winless run at the start of the year + multiple winless runs vs bottom tier teams.

Inter - Dropping points against bottom tier teams and going on a 5 game winless run - managing 1 point out of 15

It's actually crazy how they couldn't even take advantage of this.
This is also true.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean Milan and Inter both have plain better teams than Roma as well. Napoli aside this season was heavily influenced by the WC break and europe, plus juventus penalization/no penalization

It's really no surprise that the team that didn't lose players to world cup blues and intentionally threw european cups away is the one that's set for a top 4 finish(despite being at best the 6th best team in the league)

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
It's ironic that Roma, being a Mourinho team, generally creates more chances than the opponent but just cant score, meanwhile the opponents do score, today Roma had more chances again but just missed everything :lol:
They really need someone up front that can score.
Roma still has a chance because now it has no more games against the teams above them while those will still play amongst themselves.

Lay

Cremonese going to feck around and stay up

Pintu

Vlahovic doing a Lukaku... Got racially abused. Scored a great goal and celebrated it vehemently, earning himself a yellow card.

Big 3 points for Juventus at Atalanta. Looking increasingly like Juve & Lazio will run away with 2nd and 3d... And the 4th spot will be a tight fight between the 2 Milan teams until the very end.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Vlahovic doing a Lukaku... Got racially abused. Scored a great goal and celebrated it vehemently, earning himself a yellow card.

Big 3 points for Juventus at Atalanta. Looking increasingly like Juve & Lazio will run away with 2nd and 3d... And the 4th spot will be a tight fight between the 2 Milan teams until the very end.
we still have to see what FIGC or UEFA will come up to at the end of the season

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
this remains grotesque from AIA and FIGC

Lay

Napoli miss a hell of a lot of penalties

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
Franco Berasi was asked how does this Napoli team compare to the Napoli team of the 80s.

His response “lol, you can’t compare, they had Maradona!”
Love it! Thanks for sharing!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So the court explained their decisions on juventus's appeal and based on that it's pretty much guaranteed they *will* get docked points, it's just a matter of how many and in which season

Basically other than Agnelli, Paratici, Arrivabene(all confirmed guilty) and Nedved(sentence overturned) a bunch of other administrators also had their sentences overturned and since the 15 points penalization was in part based on the number of people guilty, it was determined to be too much

If the new trial founds them all guilty again the penalization might be more severe as well

New trial should take place before the end of the season

Pintu

I am reading it’s more likely to be a 9 points penalisation. But be it 9/15 or more, the biggest question remains wether it would apply to the current season or the next one?

If it’s this year (even going with 9), then very likely no European football next year for Juventus… Which would entail a big financial crisis for the club.

Idxomer

I am reading it’s more likely to be a 9 points penalisation. But be it 9/15 or more, the biggest question remains wether it would apply to the current season or the next one?

If it’s this year (even going with 9), then very likely no European football next year for Juventus… Which would entail a big financial crisis for the club.
They can still win the EL.