Italian Serie A 2022/23

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I am reading it’s more likely to be a 9 points penalisation. But be it 9/15 or more, the biggest question remains wether it would apply to the current season or the next one?

If it’s this year (even going with 9), then very likely no European football next year for Juventus… Which would entail a big financial crisis for the club.
Way I heard it depends on how many points and how it would affect their position. If it drops them out of top 4 it applies to this season otherwise the next

Pintu

Way I heard it depends on how many points and how it would affect their position. If it drops them out of top 4 it applies to this season otherwise the next
But if the final ruling is pronounced after the lists of the participants in UEFA competitions 23/24 are finalised it‘d be complicated. Imagine telling a club in the midst of July that they are actually qualified for Europe after they started preparing the squad for a Europe free season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
But if the final ruling is pronounced after the lists of the participants in UEFA competitions 23/24 are finalised it‘d be complicated. Imagine telling a club in the midst of July that they are actually qualified for Europe after they started preparing the squad for a Europe free season.
No the sentence should come before the end of the season. Then we'll see what UEFA does as well, since Juve would have a penalization on them UEFA might use it to exclude them from their competitions altogether

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Rise up this morning, smile with the rising sun
Three little birds pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs of melodies pure and true
Sayin′, this is my message to you.

Singin′, "Don't worry about a thing"
′Cause every little thing is gonna be alright
Sayin', don′t worry (don't worry) about a thing
′Cause every little thing gonna be alright!

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
So, after miserable Lazio drew their game against Lecce, both Atalanta (in desperate need of points) and Milan (who tbf rotated a bit in view of their second UCL leg) were set up to catch up - and lost. What the actual..? Atalanta even in injury time, dear oh dear. Inter can now clinch second place, at least until tomorrow, and Roma overtake both of todays loosers. Did not expect that...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It was actually the good kind of fans-players interaction, the one where the fans are supportive and trying to build them up and give them more confidence and a shot of adrenaline

AngliaRed

Pogba started tonight and played really well for 21 minutes. Then went down holding his thigh in tears and subbed.

Really feel for the guy. Season has been a total write off.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
if fit Pogba would be our best mid =(
Damn what did you to him at Manchester?!?!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Watching Osimhen, he’s quite a handful, even for Inter.

Will be interesting to see how they fare against him today vs against Haaland in a couple of weeks.

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
Gagliardini. Not seeing the match but red card i see. Should have been selled long time ago actually. Getting worse and worse with every season and was never really useful for us.

Pintu

I only saw about 10/15 minutes of this so far... But Napoli don’t really look like themselves. It’s basically a friendly game for them.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Napoli don't give a shit. They're sleepwalking.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I only saw about 10/15 minutes of this so far... But Napoli don’t really look like themselves. It’s basically a friendly game for them.
Pretty good action on both sides. It just reminded me I haven’t watched nearly enough of Napoli in Serie-a this year.

Charlie Foley

Will be interesting to see how they fare against him today vs against Haaland in a couple of weeks.
I’ll be interested to see who they line up against him. I can’t imagine todays lineup will be the same as the final. No Dumfries, Darmian, Acerbi, or Dimarco starting today: all have featured in their CL starting lineups throughout the knockout stages

Pintu

No Dumfries, Darmian, Acerbi, or Dimarco starting today: all have featured in their CL starting lineups throughout the knockout stages
They have a Cup final on Wednesday, that's the priority this week... I think they were just trying to get a 0-0 here...

Skriniar & De Vrij were starters alongside Bastoni at the beginning of the season... And I think they are more suited to a defensive game plan than Acerbi & Darmian.

Charlie Foley

They have a Cup final on Wednesday, that's the priority this week... I think they were just trying to get a 0-0 here...

Skriniar & De Vrij were starters alongside Bastoni at the beginning of the season... And I think they are more suited to a defensive game plan than Acerbi & Darmian.
Yeah, that’s why I’m interested!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I know Inzaghi's Inter have somewhat rebooted their tactics to a more counter attacking style, but FFS, these stats don't bode particularly well for the CL final, where Pep is also going to dominate possession.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
That's why i have no hope in Inter winning against city. They need a miralce or the tie will probably be over in the 1st half.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Yeah, that’s why I’m interested!
At this point of the season, the reference first-eleven is pretty much set in stone:
Onana
Darmian, Acerbi, Bastoni
Dumfries, Barella, Calhanoglu (Brozovic), Mkhitaryan (Calhanoglu), Dimarco
Dzeko (Lukaku), Lautaro

Handanovic will play in goal for the Coppa Italia final, pretty lame if you ask me as he's indusputably very past it but apparently the team feel they owe this to him.
Mkhitaryan is injured, will maybe make it for the CL final.

Last edited:

abundance

Supports
Inter
I know Inzaghi's Inter have somewhat rebooted their tactics to a more counter attacking style, but FFS, these stats don't bode particularly well for the CL final, where Pep is also going to dominate possession.

Yep City will almost surely slaughter us,
but what would this game have to say about that?
We benched seven first-teamers and we played 55mins with ten men.

Charlie Foley

At this point of the season, the reference first-eleven is pretty much set in stone:
Onana
Darmian, Acerbi, Bastoni
Dumfries, Barella, Calhanoglu (Brozovic), Mkhitaryan (Calhanoglu), Dimarco
Dzeko (Lukaku), Lautaro

Handanovic will play in goal for the Coppa Italia final, pretty lame if you ask me as he's indusputably very past it but apparently the team feel they owe this to him.
Mkhitaryan is injured, will maybe make it for the CL final.
Thanks for your input, that was my impression certainly. Even more reason today’s lineup isn’t the best comparison tool for the 2 strikers faced

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus docked 10 points. Brings them down to 59 points with a game in hand on Milan and Atalanta, playing Empoli away later tonight. A win would put them within 2 of Milan and next week it's Juventus-Milan

If Roma can score in the next minutes and win the game that would completely change the scenarios as Roma hold the tiebreaker over juventus

JuriM

SO As Roma's chance to get any European football is CL through Europa League final.

Eventually Ac Milan ends up 4th. Inter 5th - Inter wins CL and get's CL, Roma wins EL and get's CL. And Milan is in EL, :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And they're losing. 1-0 empoli, penalty Caputo