Italian teams...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I thought we were transfer obsessed over here, but they are incessant in Serie A. Seems every club tries to bring in approximately 10 players each window. Swap deal, loan deal, any type of deal. I mean, for a mid-season window, Inter seem to be trying to buy just about everyone. Whenever I glance at transfer related tweets, you have to always sift through all the Serie A stuff first before you get to the good bits.

I think there’s a bit of a different culture in Italy regarding players. Over here, there’s emphasis on young players who will solve a position ‘for the next 10 years’. In Italy, there’s a greater expectation to move about it seems, hence why many players play for rivals and all the top clubs over their careers there.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I thought we were transfer obsessed over here, but they are incessant in Serie A. Seems every club tries to bring in approximately 10 players each window. Swap deal, loan deal, any type of deal. I mean, for a mid-season window, Inter seem to be trying to buy just about everyone. Whenever I glance at transfer related tweets, you have to always sift through all the Serie A stuff first before you get to the good bits.

I think there’s a bit of a different culture in Italy regarding players. Over here, there’s emphasis on young players who will solve a position ‘for the next 10 years’. In Italy, there’s a greater expectation to move about it seems, hence why many players play for rivals and all the top clubs over their careers there.
Every time a player moves - people other than the player profit from it. Nuff said.