Television It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

McK@n

40 year old Virgin
I would rate this serie in the same bracket as Seinfeld. Comedy wise it's a relevation to prime time TV just like Seinfeld. the show is so well written and characters so well developed. Most of all it's really really bizarre

McK@n

40 year old Virgin
I know a bird thats looks just like her. Tough she's now as thin as Katlin olson but the resemblence still is quite like

Brophs

The One and Only
Just gotten into this. Really enjoying it so far.

Highly recommended for anyone who's not seen it.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Aye I have just started watching this. It's taken a few episodes to get in to but I'm starting to like it. My only problem is I don't really like any of the main characters, that and the acting is pretty dodgy. There is summit about the camera work and acting that gives me the impression it could easily just be a bunch of students filming a uni project in their basement. There are some funny moments though, and it's good enough to tide me over until Friday when HIMYM starts again

twitter thread suggester
It's easily the best comedy show on telly.

Smashed, if you don't love it come season 3, then you're gay.

Charlie is the greatest chrachter ever.

Eriku

Truth.

Also: if you're using It's always Sunny as a placeholder for HIMYM, then you are a seriously confused little boy. They belong to different brackets of comedy. HIMYM being generic shite, Philly as being hilarious and satirical.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Aye I have just started watching this. It's taken a few episodes to get in to but I'm starting to like it. My only problem is I don't really like any of the main characters, that and the acting is pretty dodgy. There is summit about the camera work and acting that gives me the impression it could easily just be a bunch of students filming a uni project in their basement. There are some funny moments though, and it's good enough to tide me over until Friday when HIMYM starts again
That's kinda the joke, they're all pretty dispicable human beings.

Also, the first season (well the pilot at least) was filmed with a digital camera so that's what probably gives the studenty impression.

Oh and smashed, that last sentence was incredibly gay. Gayer then even you are usually capable of.

TuTuHimm

Can definitely write definitely correctly
Only like a week ago I received all the seasons and I have watched it all. It is absolutely brilliant. For those you are just starting watching it will only get better. I've tried getting into them before only to stop a few episodes in but trust me hang in there.

Also the three main guys are also the writers which is pretty cool.

Charlie is a legend

day man
Uhh ahhahh
Fighter of the Night man
Uhh ahhahh
Champion of the sun
Uhh ahhahh
Master of karate and friendship…for everyone

SmashedHombre

That's kinda the joke, they're all pretty dispicable human beings.

Also, the first season (well the pilot at least) was filmed with a digital camera so that's what probably gives the studenty impression.

Oh and smashed, that last sentence was incredibly gay. Gayer then even you are usually capable of.
It's not really much of a joke. The bloke with the tats is okay but not really interesting or funny enough to be a main character, the other bloke is incredibly boring and Charlie is okay until he speaks and then I want to punch him in the face. Just because you have an annoyingly high pitched and whiny voice doesn't mean you have to shout literally everything you say feckface. Also the story lines are generally retarded, I don't actually know why I like it- but I do.

SmashedHombre

Truth.

Also: if you're using It's always Sunny as a placeholder for HIMYM, then you are a seriously confused little boy. They belong to different brackets of comedy. HIMYM being generic shite, Philly as being hilarious and satirical.
I know they're completely different sorts of comedy, what on earth does that have to do with anything?

Eriku

I know they're completely different sorts of comedy, what on earth does that have to do with anything?
Erm... nuthin'? Just having a dig at HIMYM, because I can't believe such tripe can be juxtaposed with things like Philly and still rate to anybody as worth a damn?

SmashedHombre

Erm... nuthin'? Just having a dig at HIMYM, because I can't believe such tripe can be juxtaposed with things like Philly and still rate to anybody as worth a damn?
I wasn't comparing them, I was saying I can live with watching It's Always Sunny until HIMYM starts up again. Mainly because I think HIMYM is a better programme, and funnier too, where as IASIP I can take or leave

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
It's easily the best comedy show on telly. Seconded.

Smashed, if you don't love it come season 3, then you're gay. Thirded.

Fourthereded.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Only like a week ago I received all the seasons and I have watched it all. It is absolutely brilliant. For those you are just starting watching it will only get better. I've tried getting into them before only to stop a few episodes in but trust me hang in there.

Also the three main guys are also the writers which is pretty cool.

Charlie is a legend

day man
Uhh ahhahh
Fighter of the Night man
Uhh ahhahh
Champion of the sun
Uhh ahhahh
Master of karate and friendship…for everyone
what a song :lol:

Eriku

I wasn't comparing them, I was saying I can live with watching It's Always Sunny until HIMYM starts up again. Mainly because I think HIMYM is a better programme, and funnier too, where as IASIP I can take or leave
Exactly... which I extrapolated from what you wrote... and it bemused me... hence my comment.

No big mystery, chief.

Cina

I wouldn't rate it as highly as others do personally. It's a good show, very dark and funny at times but I don't really like any of the characters apart from Charlie. The blondie and Frank (Danny De Vito) just piss me off so much.

That said, I still enjoy it, I just don't get the hype. I'd have to go with Smashed and say I enjoy HIMYM more.

Barney > Charlie

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
The pilot episode was filmed for a grand total of $70!

I think it's a fantastic show - Charlie's a (thick, dyslexic) legend.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Anyone still watching it?

Such a cracking show IMO. Can't recommend it enough.

Oranje

aka 12 year old dynamic dude
This season's been absolute shit compared to the first four (the 2nd and 3rd in particular)

Alex

Milk Steak hahaa ffs

A steak that is boiled in milk and honey and Charlie's favorite meal haha

Eriku

Cheers Ekeke... :D

Just saw it... fun to see a fair few cameos, like old man Lebowski in the wheelchair from the Big Lebowski, as well as Nicky Sobotka from the Wires ^_^

kps88

The Christmas Special is still 5 eps away. I'll wait and watch them all in the right order.