Television It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been renewed for 4 more seasons apparently which will take it to 18. The longest running live-action sitcom in TV history.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Nah, disagree.

Even average It's Always Sunny is way better that most comedies right now.
i could barely watch the last season honestly, just felt like they were trying way too hard. But still plenty of back episodes to watch back over and over so not complaining

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Nah, disagree.

Even average It's Always Sunny is way better that most comedies right now.
Bang on. A poor episode of Sunny, and there are very few, still shits on wank like the Big Bang Theory.

They should keep going until Danny DeVito wants to call it a day.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It seems like they're in control of their own show which is great - if they're still enjoying it then it'll always be good.

Obviously they need good idea's to make it worthwhile but I've always enjoyed it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Had anyone watched AP Bio with Glenn Howerton?

It's basically if Dennis Reynolds was actually smart, had a shred of empathy and became a teacher. It's a decent, light watch.

Brophs

The One and Only
Had anyone watched AP Bio with Glenn Howerton?

It's basically if Dennis Reynolds was actually smart, had a shred of empathy and became a teacher. It's a decent, light watch.
It's okay-ish. The Mick, the Kaitlin Olson show, was better I thought.

Conor

There was a turning point in the later series, where it seemed like whoever was writing the characters didn't have a proper understanding of them, and everyone just became a caricature of themselves. It went from organic ideas on new situations for the gang, based on who they were, to everything just being a continuance of the personality they had displayed in previous episodes, which would just feed into itself until they weren't proper, fully developed characters any more.

I don't know if it was strictly related to new people being brought in to write, but it always felt(to me) that any good episode in the newer series was written by one of the original writers, when I would pay attention to the credits anyway. I could be talking nonsense, but it always seemed that at some stage, the writers morphed from being the people that really understood the characters(as they had created them), to people that binged the show 15 times, and were also brought up on The Simpsons.

It's still my favourite comedy, and the best non-cartoon comedy ever made(in my opinion), but I really hope the next 4 seasons don't reenforce what I've said above.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I was wrong about this show. I tried to watch it a few times and got 3/4 seasons in, but I never really 'loved' it. It was just something to put on, and actually sometimes the characters annoyed me, to the point where I got fed up and stopped watching.

But I picked up from season 6 recently, and have flown through a few seasons and now just started 10. I'm enjoying it a lot more now for whatever reason. Though some characters are still a bit annoying and I generally don't like the scenes/episodes where they feature heavily (those weird brothers for one example).

OleBoiii

Though some characters are still a bit annoying and I generally don't like the scenes/episodes where they feature heavily (those weird brothers for one example).
How dare you! Nobody messes with the McPoyles! Ryan, stab somebody!

Smores

I was wrong about this show. I tried to watch it a few times and got 3/4 seasons in, but I never really 'loved' it. It was just something to put on, and actually sometimes the characters annoyed me, to the point where I got fed up and stopped watching.

But I picked up from season 6 recently, and have flown through a few seasons and now just started 10. I'm enjoying it a lot more now for whatever reason. Though some characters are still a bit annoying and I generally don't like the scenes/episodes where they feature heavily (those weird brothers for one example).
I did similar the first few seasons are tough to get into for some reason so i started at season 4. Oddly though after watching the rest i went back and found they were much improved.

Woodzy

Binged this entire thing in 2 weeks. Absolutely loved it, more so than US Office for large periods but the last few seasons became a bit average.