Television It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Alex

Because they were their takes on the character, Dennis was trying to do it in a fancy manner so he put the Oz accent on Gibson who is from Australia or some bible belt selt

Alex

Yeah the US has to put in a claim for him as hell as he wore a mullet

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I've only just found out they did The Nightman Cometh Live around the US for a few months in 09...

..It looks like it was absolutely epically awesome!

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Ah feck, green man too!

When is the new season going to start?!

Brophs

The One and Only
I've only just found out they did The Nightman Cometh Live around the US for a few months in 09...

..It looks like it was absolutely epically awesome!
That looks absolutely brilliant.

Zen

Mid-september as always most likely.

Best show ever, only Eastbound rivals it for pure comedy value and legit laugh out loud moments.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Trailer Park Boys for me, although Eastbound is excellent as well.

Zen

TPB was superb agreed, kind of an exaggeration on my part proclaiming it best ever, but definitely the best thats currently running. But I'd put it in with a lot of other older shows in that top tier bracket for comedy, TPD being there also and Larry Sanders, Seinfeld, AD, British Office for consistency as well as greatness.

Eriku

Bastard bump... I was hoping I might've been completely out of the loop and that someone here would be going "ace start to the new series!"

Blargh.

Mockney

I apologise for raising your hopes....How about this instead. The 5 minute pilot the whole series came from..(later re-used in the series of course)

Zen

No Noooo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't torture people with that, even if it is all based off it, it's still horrendously bad. It's like watching the American Spaced pilot.

Mockney

Nah I like seeing stuff like that. It's interesting to me how things develop. Plus I think the acting (Glenn particularly) is pretty good for some guys in their garden filming something. (also the original Carmen is the milf from V!)

If you want some news on series 7 I can give you some though....Rather spoilerish.

Mac is fat....Rob has actually deliberately put on 50 pounds because he thinks it'll be funnier, and that it's a reversal of the usual sitcom trope that the actors get more attractive as series go on (and the image consciousness of being famous sets in) when in reality it's the natural consequence of people who sit around eating shit and drinking all day to get fatter and lazier.....Bold move. Bit method for a sitcom, but interesting.

filming..

Eriku

"bit method for a sit-com" :lol:

fair enough, though... and that trailer thing really makes you wonder where they're going with this season... whatever happens though, it's a legendary series :)

Mockney

I've spent about 20 minutes trying to work out what he says at 0.08..but I just can't do it!

"My cookies"..:lol:

Mockney

Starts tomorrow ...Which, well, I suppose for us UK based awesome people will actually be Friday morning..

But still...Close!..yay.

Mockney

So...Anyone?...I'm about to settle down and watch this to cap off my perfectly unproductive hungover Saturday which has so far included an early, agonising walk of shame home, and then feck all but watching films for 12 hours.

Been saving this as the coup des gras.

Bangerang.

Mick1991

Watched it last night, thought it was a bit slow but season opener and all. Still had its moments.

Charlie in the limo completely caught me off guard.

Brophs

The One and Only
I watched it last night. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't brilliant. It also contained my least favourite moment from the show ever.

Charlie puking in the limo. It was so far beneath them and so cartoon-ish that it's annoying me thinking about it.

Mick1991

Yep, annoyed me aswell. It seemed like the plan had legs n'all, to end it like that was a shame.

Mockney

Well I liked that scene. Dunno why, but it made me laugh. Felt a bit rushed as an ep overall, but wasn't bad.

Eriku

Charlie embroidering his Texan mode of speech is always great fun. One of the big reasons why I love "the Gang solves the Gas-crisis".

kps88

Poor episode. Nothing remotely clever about it. Fat Mac is going to get old soon.

Zen

The puking stuff was terrible, but other than that solid episode. Starting to kinda lose it's greatness a bit now though, but their doing well enough 7 seasons in.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I've been watching this recently, for no other reason than it has a dedicated channel on Veetle that airs episodes 24/7, and I'm still not really very impressed. It's no different to msot American comedies- not paricularly highbrow or clever humour, and only missing the canned laughter- where's the hype coming from?