It's movement, stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devips

Despite all the transfer successes we may have this season, the elephant in the room would remain. How do we get over the zombie like movement on the pitch and the slow and utterly predictable tempo of offensive build up?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Patterns of play alert!

If we fitted them all with shock collars we could zap them when they don't run?

stevoc

Hire Lingard as a movement coach and have him instruct the entire squad how to run around like a headless chicken.

romufc

I am hoping pre season will help us work on this. I am pretty certain we will work on this because every time Ole has had time to work with the players, we do come out looking good.

First season, after pre season we played decent football albeit for like 4 games and then injuries halted that.
Post winter break we came back looking good
Post lockdown we looked good

So I am hoping a few weeks of working on in game plays, we can address this.

alquemyst

It all depends on having a DM that can receive the ball in transition and facing our own goal. Fred and MCT are both atrocious at that and that's why Harry and DDG are sleeping on the ball in the buildup.

bondsname

With Lingard back I expect him to lead the frontline to a coordinated aggressive press, and also creating huge gaps in the opponents defence with carefully planned movement. We look like a different team with him in the starting eleven, even when he is on the bench you feel his presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.