It's not the manager, it's the players

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
There’s not a single one of them that I’d be bothered about losing in the summer. Not one.

JG3001

We seriously need to look at bringing a number of kids through next year. We have a series of players on mega money who just do not care, and I think we’ll struggle to attract anything other than mercenaries this Summer.

hobbers

We should just focus on the defence for this summer.

It's the weakest area, and we need at least 3 signings there for a fecking start. 4 if De Gea goes.

Cliche Guevara

So many were allowed to disgrace the shirt and have the blame placed on Mourinho.

Get rid of them and let Ole build something with those who are good enough but want to be here.

thesheriffjw

A combination of really bad players and very bad management of the club.
This.

You earn £100k a week and you still need encouraging? No. Really, no

Management need to put their foot down. Only problem is, players will quite happily sit on bench or in reserves and collect their wages.

Top to bottom the club is in a bad state

Kostur

海尔的老板
That great run after Ole was appointed only shows how much of pathetic fecks 'our' players are.

Problem is there's no Mourinho to hide behind this time around.

OneUnited24

So many were allowed to disgrace the shirt and have the blame placed on Mourinho.

Get rid of them and let Ole build something with those who are good enough but want to be here.
Well Jose did buy a few of them and didn’t upgrade people like Smalling or invest in a rw/rb.

Looking a Matic I cant believe we spent so much on him.

Art Vandelay

They've gotten away with placing all the blame on Mourinho and know they hold all the power at the club. Nothing motivates them, needs a massive clear out or this will keep happening when things don't go their way.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Really pathetic bunch. Awful attitude from supposedly top players with ambitions. Most of those who will stay post summer will be because we can't sell 20 players in one window.

NoLogo

That great run after Ole was appointed only shows how much of pathetic fecks 'our' players are.

That's the main problem for me as well. If they would at least put in a shift like they did at the start with Ole they can be e decent side but if they don't even try like since the after the Arsenal game they are genuine one of the worst teams in the league. They need a big wake up call.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Disagreeing more and more with every game, its down to Ole to motivate the players and get the most out of them.

We had an initial stint when he first took over when the team was playing To their abilities but it’s fallen away.

I’ve no confidence in him for next season, cant see it being any better than it is now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They've gotten away with placing all the blame on Mourinho and know they hold all the power at the club. Nothing motivates them, needs a massive clear out or this will keep happening when things don't go their way.
Yup. Looks like they took the club hostage knowing there's absolutely no clearout in last years whatsoever.

Now It's all about collecting the weekly wage on parasitical contracts.

Red Stone

I'd be happy with a few more years languishing between 4th and 7th if it meant we started systematically getting rid of these overpaid and over-the-hill bastards. Lingard, Young, Sanchez, Matic, Lukaku, Mata, Valencia and Jones absolutely have to go, and the jury is definitely not in on quite a few of the others. We need to stop recruiting these primadonnas and start recruiting young and hungry players that want to win stuff. The way the players just went on holiday as soon as OGS was given the permanent job should be a valid reason to just tear up their contracts and send them on their way.

Kostur

海尔的老板
That's the main problem for me as well. If they would at least put in a shift like they did at the start with Ole they can be e decent side but if they don't even try like since the after the Arsenal game they are genuine one of the worst teams in the league. They need a big wake up call.
There won't be a wake up call because Woodward has already bent over to whatever the feck they wanted time and time again.

There's no authority whatsoever at this club, just spoilt fecks and inept management. Wooward is a fecking moron for various reasons, next up will be the pay rise for dabbing idiot or a new contract for JLingz14 so he can promote more of his shit clothes and promote it with our brand.

Cliche Guevara

Disagreeing more and more with every game, its down to Ole to motivate the players and get the most out of them.

We had an initial stint when he first took over when the team was playing To their abilities but it’s fallen away.

I’ve no confidence in him for next season, cant see it being any better than it is now.
Why should it be up to any manager to motivate any footballer? Especially at Manchester United?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think any of the managers are above blame, including Ole.

But these players are weak. Any hint of criticism, talk of transfers and needing to prove yourself, and they completely cave in.

Great if we sign 4-5 players. But we really need to get rid of as many as is possible, and clear the atmosphere of this loser mentality.

haram

Motivate???? They need more hugs???? Need the manager to not say anything in public? Im sick of this shit.

hp88

Mass clear out is required this summer, trying to rebuild the squad over the next two or three seasons isn't going to work, It's an extreme move but we need a fresh start in August.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
90% of posters on here says it is the players, but I know it is the manager as much as it is the player. The players we have are good enough to not get outplayed by the likes of Watford, West ham, Wolves and now Everton. It is our tactic that is not working. I don’t understand what we doing in training, but our players doesn’t seem trained to know how to effectively press or interplay within each other. This is down to poor management.

redcafe_reader

This is why I still think that Ole is a good appointment, and our board has no choice. Imagine we appoint Poc, then our player will play like shit again and there will be a rumor about how they "want Ole back", Gary Neville will talk about "United way" again and it will make Poc (or any other manager)'s life so hard. At least now our player can't hide behind Ole since he's a club legend and fan (in general) won't turn again him that easily.

acnumber9

Time for Ole to back his words with actions. If he knows there’s players not giving their all then drop them and play those who will. Our season is dead now anyway so there’s nothing to lose.

haram

Ole has got some of his tactics wrong today IMO but there is still a lack of quality in our play no matter what way you want to look at it.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It's almost (and I don't know this) that the players got what they wanted, Ole as manager because he's an ex player/legend like Zidane, who they get along with. No sooner is he announced and boom, the players drop and have no need to perform. They got their way, why do I need to bust a gut, my mate who understands me is in charge?!

I manage people and I see this all the time. Get too close to someone and people's level drops as they think you're mates and they can talk/banter out of it.

OldSchoolManc

4th manager they’ve not been arsed for.
How many more do you want these players to play for?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ole needs to realise that these players can't care less about him or the club. They know that they are shit, they can't believe their luck that they ended up with a top club while earning top money in the process and they will sink anyone who dares making changing. That is why this gradual change BS won't work. You don't dilly dally with bad weed. You just remove it from the roots and then you burn it.

flappyjay

Nah, in my opinion everyone is the problem. The players, Ole and Ed (the board). I don't think Ole is good enough. Same goes for the clowns running the club.

buckooo1978

terrible response to Ole's presser

he's learning lots about these players but it genuinely looks difficult to see who should survive - really lacking desire and second to every ball

thejtrain

There’s not a single one of them that I’d be bothered about losing in the summer. Not one.
Yep. A month or two ago, I would have said keep De Gea, Pogba, and Rashford, but I wouldn't be bothered losing them either, particularly them in fact.

It's both. We have some abysmal players, but Ole is the one picking headscratching teams and tactics and making ridiculous subs.

Why is our best defender shoved out wide?
Why do we have a 19 year old right back with 10 PL starts to his name out of position on the left?
Who thought Fred and Matic could play together even though its never worked before and they're totally different player?
Every time Lukaku goes in a front 3 with Martial and Rashford they all look worse than they are.
Why is our best creative player sitting on the edge of our own box?

haram

It's both. We have some abysmal players, but Ole is the one picking headscratching teams and tactics and making ridiculous subs.

Why is our best defender shoved out wide?
Why do we have a 19 year old right back with 10 PL starts to his name out of position on the left?
Who thought Fred and Matic could play together even though its never worked before and they're totally different player?
Every time Lukaku goes in a front 3 with Martial and Rashford they all look worse than they are.
Why is our best creative player sitting on the edge of our own box?
These are all valid points that I agree with.

Cliche Guevara

That’s what all managers do in every job, motivate and inspire, create a strategy and win.
Only with people who should be doing it themselves but aren’t.

Ultimately motivation comes from within. Otherwise it’s artificial and unsustainable.