It's not the manager, it's the players

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Everton's starting 11 today looked just as good as ours on paper. Their back 4 comfortably better. These results just aren't a shock anymore.

reddevil80

I might add as well, that the agents renegotiations, at this time of the season are farcical and will cause disruption; however, the players need motivation?, everyone of them gets more in one week, than I get in at least 3 years!!! Want motivation?, realise what you have!!

Thomas A.Anderson

It's both.

Ole is out of his depth. Players are disgrace.

If this club has any short and long term future, we need to get rid of Woodward and bring Pochettino.

Fooza

When we get a really good string of results it's the manager. When we don't it's the players...I don't get it.

However, the manager better sort this mess out in summer, get rid of all the deadwood and start again. No messing around

Toad

A couple of players isn’t going to do it. We are fecked for next season as well.

Toad

Cant keep blaming manager after manager. The players are shite.
Ole can only work with what he is given. But he needs to prove how good a manager he is by his dealings in the transfer market.

WPMUFC

probably the most hilarious part of this decline, our best leader on the pitch (herrera), was not even lined up for a new contract until the last possible minute, leaving PSG to destroy us in wages. Meanwhile this utter dross get their 200k and then stop playing.

Herrera gives everything for the MUFC badge, he's off to PSG, Martial is doing jogs up and down the wing, gets 200k.

The only player that deserved a big contract is going. These feck tards are laughing all the way to the bank.

Pure Banter FC.

spiriticon

No more big money contract renewals. I don't want to see Ander/Rashford on 300k a week, Mata on 500k a week, De Gea on 800 a week.

We are done with pampering the players. Get some youth kids into the team and let the rest find their big payday somewhere else.

Fecking mercenaries. And not even good mercenaries at that.

Shite.

Judas

Open to offers
Squads rotten, but you’d have to be truly deluded to not have huge concerns about such a massively inexperienced manager. Ole is giving us plenty of reasons to be worried about the future.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Some people don't know how viruses work. This is all Moaninho's fault, he infected the players with bangaverage-itis. Martial would be as good as Mbappe if it were not for that dinosaur.

Fosu-Mens

Players:
Technical ability: Would reckon the average technical ability in the squad is well below the average in the league.
Fitness: Players seems tired. Not able to press or run. When a player tries to press, he does this on his own...

Manager/Coaches
Unable to make the team string together more than 5 passes. Movement/passing/technical ability is non existent.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
We seem to be really poor at playing quickly. It shows at times like this because we end up rushing to score a goal and can't handle the tempo. Loads of misplaced passes and no good off the ball movement. I'm willing to say it could be either poor coaching or rubbish players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We need a first choice right back, a covering/competiting left back for Shaw, a world class centre back, a mobile defensive midfielder and a box to box midfielder to allow Pogba to play advanced, and a right winger as a minimum. Even if we bought all those players I still wouldn't be able to bet on us beating City or the Scousers over a 38 game season. That's how far back we are.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm usually not for that talk of 10 in 10 out but I genuinely would not care if we sold the entire team and started from scratch, we have some of the worst players I've ever seen in a United shirt. Out of whole starting 11 only 3, maybe 4 at a push, actually look comfortable on the ball.

shaky

£150m Pogba
£80m De Gea
£80m Rashford
£50m Martial
£40m Lukaku
£5m Darmian
£5m Smalling
£1m Matic
£1 Young
+ £200m transfer budget

That's £611,000,001 we can muster together for a new team this summer. Promote a few kids, spend big on 5-6 new players and we're all good.

Red00012

Some people don't know how viruses work. This is all Moaninho's fault, he infected the players with bangaverage-itis. Martial would be as good as Mbappe if it were not for that dinosaur.
Give it a rest for feck sake.

Fosu-Mens

None of the players showed any form of improvement/developement under him during his 2,5 years at the club, also the players are clearly not fit enough.

Drainy

It's both.

Ole is out of his depth. Players are disgrace.

If this club has any short and long term future, we need to get rid of Woodward and bring Pochettino.
He wants to play high tempo football and has players who are unfit and generally play in a lethargic manner. What do you want from him without time to get the players he wants?

Fooza

£150m Pogba
£80m De Gea
£80m Rashford
£50m Martial
£40m Lukaku
£5m Darmian
£5m Smalling
£1m Matic
£1 Young
+ £200m transfer budget

That's £611,000,001 we can muster together for a new team this summer. Promote a few kids, spend big on 5-6 new players and we're all good.
As unrealistic as this sounds. I wouldn't mind if this happened. Couldn't give a toss about these players, they need to go. Rashford and Martial may never improve enough to be United quality. They certainly ain't consistent enough and I've had enough.

danigl

We have to rebuild the squad, really. Ole and Ed need to go over who wants to stay, and who are good enough, and from there sign players that fits the bill over the next couple of summers. How many in liverpool’s XI was there before Klopp? Same with Guardiola and city. We seriously need to cut the crap and face the fact that this isn’t going to be fixed in a single summer. Give ole what he needs, which is time and money.

nemanja nemagic

£150m Pogba
£80m De Gea
£80m Rashford
£50m Martial
£40m Lukaku
£5m Darmian
£5m Smalling
£1m Matic
£1 Young
+ £200m transfer budget

Not sure you'll get that money for Pogba and Rashford, especially with our record when selling.

It's not a one window fix so I don't see the value in turning the club into that much of a carousel this summer. Would rather 3/4 out and 3/4 in.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Its like liverpool in the 90s. Changing managers and rebuilding every three years.

I think it is both. Some players are not good enough and certainly not trying hard enough. But look at our tactics today. It was basically a long ball over the top. No attacking nous at all.

Reddy Rederson

So we were shit before Jose got here. We won a few trophies, and came 2nd when he was here, and are now being pumped 4 nil by Everton. But still you think Jose was the problem? Oh dear.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It might also be the manager but it's definitely the players.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Give it a rest for feck sake.
Oh sorry my bad. It's on Ole, what else can you expect from someone that got Cardiff relegated. He's too nice, hired to be a yes man, tactically clueless etc. Anything to absolve the players and board room. Many of us saw this coming a while back, a new manager will never lead us back to the top, Im not talking about a few months, Im talking about a few years ago that many saw the deeper problems at the club.

So we were shit before Jose got here. We won a few trophies, and came 2nd when he was here, and are now being pumped 4 nil by Everton. But still you think Jose was the problem? Oh dear.
It was tongue in cheek mate. Anyone with a brain knew that the manager was the least of our concern. It started long before SAF retired as well, when we let go of world class players and replaced them with grafters and mediocre players, The rot set in several years ago and SAF squeezed a few titles out of the shambles to cement himself as greatest of all time and then retired.

Reddy Rederson

Oh sorry my bad. It's on Ole, what else can you expect from someone that got Cardiff relegated. He's too nice, hired to be a yes man, tactically clueless etc. Anything to absolve the players and board room. Many of us saw this coming a while back, a new manager will never lead us back to the top, Im not talking about a few months, Im talking about a few years ago that many saw the deeper problems at the club.

It was tongue in cheek mate. Anyone with a brain knew that the manager was the least of our concern. It started long before SAF retired as well, when we let go of world class players and replaced them with grafters and mediocre players, The rot set in several years ago and SAF squeezed a few titles out of the shambles to cement himself as greatest of all time and then retired.
Ah, fair enough. Seen a few still blaming Jose so the tongue and cheek part got past me :lol:.

PoTMS

Who the feck picks Jones and Smalling in central defence with Matic ahead of him? Yes we've got some utter shite for players but Ole is to blame also.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Who the feck picks Jones and Smalling in central defence with Matic ahead of him? Yes we've got some utter shite for players but Ole is to blame also.
Yeah it's definitely better to play McTominay 3 times a week and Young instead of Jones though. The reality is that those are our options. Get pissed at Ole all you want, but this isnt his squad. Give him time to shape the team and get rid of those that arent up to standard.