ITV to broadcast La Liga matches

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I don't understand how paying for HD is still a thing in 2019. How can anything be broadcast in SD, and how does anyone possibly watch it without going loopy?

Reddy Rederson

I don't understand how paying for HD is still a thing in 2019. How can anything be broadcast in SD, and how does anyone possibly watch it without going loopy?
Because the broadcast companies are cnuts looking to milk the customer for all they can. A better question is how can sky up it’s price for sports while it’s been losing packages left right and centre for years? And yes, they still add an extra charge for HD, and people pay it :houllier:.

Member 115509

If you pay for HD with Sky then yes. If not, then no.
You can get ITV4 in HD if you have a Freeview HD TV.
On another note, El Clasico is coming up soon, but it's on Premier Sports according to this :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...verage-one-La-Liga-match-week-end-season.html

As others have said, it is good to see football from one of the top Leagues around on free to air TV.
First time since Serie A on Channel 5 few years back a freeview channel have shown live football I think ?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like ITV has just taking the world feed, Graham Hunter co-commentator.;) No studio coverage.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Have to say after last 4 years of watching La Liga in a small box in right hand corner of a betting website, nice to watch a game on a decent sized screen.:drool:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Bit weird watching it now from when I used to watch it on Sky but at least it's in HD unlike Virgin forcing you to pay extra subscription. Not familiar with the commentators, sounds like I'm watching it off a betting site, but at least no cringey Clive Tyldesley!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Bit weird watching it now from when I used to watch it on Sky but at least it's in HD unlike Virgin forcing you to pay extra subscription. Not familiar with the commentators, sounds like I'm watching it off a betting site, but at least no cringey Clive Tyldesley!
Graham Hunter is the sidekick, don 't know the commentator.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I believe the main guy is called Simon Hanley.

I prefer it this way. If ITV had Tyldsley or whoever they'd just spend the whole game talking about Real Madrid, Bale etc.

At least with this comms the opposition actually exists.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Why only the rest of the season? Did some channel go bust somewhere?

Eleven sports are struggling so La Liga is being shared out by Premier Sports and ITV.

Eleven’s strategy was to subcontract out to either Sky or BT I’d have thought.

Skills

Snitch
Hope it's a 3 o'clock game just as a massive feck off to the FA

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Think Premier have it but not 100% sure. ITV should have a dedicated sports channel as they show lots of darts and snooker. Throw La Liga and Serie A in and could surely make it work.

Bojan11

Think Premier have it but not 100% sure. ITV should have a dedicated sports channel as they show lots of darts and snooker. Throw La Liga and Serie A in and could surely make it work.
They don’t have serie A though as premier snapped those rights up.

They can’t afford La Liga full time unless others are going to sub let to them.

DomesticTadpole

They haven't got a game next weekend as Premier have El Classico and ITV are showing darts.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale

Pretty sure the cost of La Liga rights was quite low.

Sure Serie A would be low also which could give them a foothold.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They haven't got a game next weekend as Premier have El Classico and ITV are showing darts.
Maybe second choice game could be early kick off on the Saturday or Sunday morning (can't remember which time ITV 4 actually starts). Or Monday night game if there is one.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
ITV have them til the end of the season as they were being given away basically as 11 Sports had it written in to both La Liga and Serie A (as well as the UFC contract that got terminated) that it must be shown on UK Tv. Sky sport and BT both obviously got shafted by 11 sports respectively, so both played hard ball and refused to give them a channel to show in the UK and 11 have made no effort to make it easily accessible by making tv apps or anything AFAIK.
Pretty sure they'll both be back on Sky/BT next season as the contracts will be cancelled.

Bojan11

ITV have them til the end of the season as they were being given away basically as 11 Sports had it written in to both La Liga and Serie A (as well as the UFC contract that got terminated) that it must be shown on UK Tv. Sky sport and BT both obviously got shafted by 11 sports respectively, so both played hard ball and refused to give them a channel to show in the UK and 11 have made no effort to make it easily accessible by making tv apps or anything AFAIK.
Pretty sure they'll both be back on Sky/BT next season as the contracts will be cancelled.
Again. Premier sports have serie a until 2021.

DomesticTadpole

Maybe second choice game could be early kick off on the Saturday or Sunday morning (can't remember which time ITV 4 actually starts). Or Monday night game if there is one.
The Monday game is Leganes v. Levante, the early Saturday game is Espanyol v. Real Valladolid. Of course Valencia v. Bilbao is the Sunday night game and darts take priority. The darts is on from 12.30 dinnertime, so maybe there is either no game next weekend or as you say it is the Monday night game.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Nice goal by Levante

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Is their online still limited to SD, or have they finally embraced widely adapted 2005 technology yet?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Is their online still limited to SD, or have they finally embraced widely adapted 2005 technology yet?
I'd prefer to watch every match in SD if it meant paying less money for the privilege.

Reddy Rederson