Ivan Perisic or Bale as short term solution

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Our supposed alternatives are experienced players,who's better days are likely behind them and who've been on the market for atleast 2 campaigns now.

Again,if this is true, then it shows the incompetence of the club yet again.

Ziyech was Chelsea's Sancho alternative and ours is possibly a guy who would rather spend time on a golf course.

romufc

So lets say we sign Bale on loan for a year, pay half his wages which are rumoured to be nearly £600,000 a week, that comes out to over 15m a year!! Yet we are supposed to be 10-20m short of Dortmunds asking price? What the feck are the club doing?
This is what I do not get, plus we will probably have to pay a loan fee. Bale will be injured for 6 months of the season.

We have the money, but we want to wait till next year? Why?

It makes 0 sense. Spend £15m for a one year stop gap, then spend £108m next summer ?

It looks like we are just trying to wriggle out of a Sancho deal.

The club knew the price since July! They have not put the price up, they have not changed on it...

macheda14

I’m intrigued by what James Cooper says is our plan B. A experienced loan player and a second younger player who can be shown the ropes? Who would the younger player be??

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
i'd take Perisic for a year.

He did well at Bayern, happy to be a sub/rotation player and can play both wings, and is 2 footed.

Yeah he's not the sexy signing but we need another wide player and it'll give us the backup we need. He's better than Lingard/Pereira that's for sure.

CG1010

I really hope its Perisic we get.. he being experienced and still playing at a top level will actually be a good fit with our quite a young attacking force. Honestly we wouldn't be too bad in attack as VDB can also cover Bruno now.

But this is subject to us strengthening LB too. Otherwise we may go backwards this season.

Squeaky Bumtime

I'm not sure if Bale even wants to play football anymore. If we get him it should be only with Madrid paying his wages.
In any case, I may be biased but Perišić would be a better option. He's an out and out winger, still has a lot to offer and would be a very good option coming from the bench. Would be a crowd favorite too imo when the crowd comes back anyway. :D

It is a bit underwhelming though if these are our backups to potential Sancho deal collapsing. Especially Bale.

CG1010

I’m intrigued by what James Cooper says is our plan B. A experienced loan player and a second younger player who can be shown the ropes? Who would the younger player be??
Yeah that makes no sense.. we already have a younger player there, i.e., Greenwood. Unless we are talking about getting Brooks too.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Even if we got Sancho i'd still take Perisic on loan if we could. That would be quality depth for the left side.

slored1

If we sign Bale in 2020, Woodward should feck off immediately. Absolute joke of a man.

CM

Perisic doesn't really do anything to solve our issues on the right side. If we could do a deal for Bale without having to pay extortionate wages that might be worth pursuing but that seems unlikely.

Honestly the club should've made better contingency plans if they knew this was a possibility. Once again we're scrambling around at the end of a transfer window when we're crying out for signings.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
From Ferrari to Fiat.
Rather Perisic tbh. But we would still have issues. Perisic is better on the left and Bale would want a free role.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Even if we got Sancho i'd still take Perisic on loan if we could. That would be quality depth for the left side.
I’d go for that too, I don’t see much wrong in using older players on a loan option, a young team needs a few experienced heads, if they’re used to winning things then even better!
I’d take either Bale or Perisic on loan depending on the outcome of the Sancho transfer. Bale on loan if sancho doesn’t happen and Perisic loan if sancho did happen.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You’d take lingard on the wing before a loan’d older player? I’m so glad Ed is in charge and not our fans
With the names that have been bandied about, yes, I don't see the point in having a non-committed player being paid a huge wage to sit on the treatment table.

IAmAWinner

Bale on a one year loan would be a good deal. He's still a class player if he's arsed.

romufc

Bale on a one year loan would be a good deal. He's still a class player if he's arsed.
How does everyone think its a good option. Bale hasnt played regular football in like 2 years.

The key word "IF" he is asked.. we all know he isnt.

If a player really wanted to play football, we would see reports of him training hard looking for a move, he is doing the opposite.

Finally, you think Bale will fit the squad? No chance, we are building something with hungry players. Bale knows he is here for 1 year and would not behave like we want him to imo.

Mark Pawelek

Perisic would be a left-winger. Doesn't change anything for our right-side.
Bale is a horrible waste of money and space.
Perisic plays left or right wing. He's naturally left-footed but almost ambidextrous. Can shoot with either foot. He prefers to cross with his left-foot; but that doesn't mean he can't play on the right too. Perisic will be more reliable than Bale.

croadyman

Wouldn't be averse to Perisic if he could prove he was comfortable on the RW like he is on the LW

croadyman

Yes, you can but it is different when loaning a younger player, say Cabellos for Arsenal, who is young an needs to perform well in order to secure a career at the highest level.

Bale doesn't care.
Yeah Dembele was always my top alternative followed by Coman but neither are for sale by the looks of it

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yes, you can but it is different when loaning a younger player, say Cabellos for Arsenal, who is young an needs to perform well in order to secure a career at the highest level.

Bale doesn't care.
Like Blanc and Larson you mean

Bale doesn't care.
You don’t know that, and neither do I. If we are interested, then OGS is going to have conversations with him to determine his attitude, desire and commitment. I trust his judgement on players. So if he does come, I would expect him to be committed.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yes, squad players coming in and helping out the team is the same as having a glaring hole in the RW and need a starter.....

same thing right?
I don’t know, you’re the one guessing what players are thinking.

I also agree we need someone for the right wing and if not sancho I’d rather Bale covering Greenwood than Lingard

romufc

You don’t know that, and neither do I. If we are interested, then OGS is going to have conversations with him to determine his attitude, desire and commitment. I trust his judgement on players. So if he does come, I would expect him to be committed.
The difference is, Ole has conversations with players he really wants. This is not Ole's target, this is the club failing Ole and giving him Bale.

If Ole wanted Bale on loan, this would have happened long time ago.

SplitzMagic

I'm waiting for the fifa comments...

Don't want bale because he's an 83 on fifa :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes, squad players coming in and helping out the team is the same as having a glaring hole in the RW and need a starter.....

same thing right?
You are right it's a totally different situation. The player that has a chance to start for a wealthy club has more reason to behave than the guy who is going to be a squad player no matter what.

romufc

I don’t know, you’re the nine guessing what players are thinking
Well, it is clear and obvious when a player is not being played and does not force a move.

Lukaku was not fancied but went to Inter
Alexis was not fancied and went to Inter
Smalling went loan to Roma

Bale just sat there.

I dont need to know what he is thinking...it is clear and obvious how motivated he is to play..

And finally, Bale is injury prone.

binary bot
I think this is good planning if there are no other long term options available. Its the same as Ighalo - ive no problem signing older players with potential fitness issues if its on short term loan deals. Rather that than overpaying for someome we're not completely happy with that'll be difficult to move on.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Well, it is clear and obvious when a player is not being played and does not force a move.

Bale just sat there.

I dont need to know what he is thinking...it is clear and obvious how motivated he is to play..

You initially started by saying that older players shouldn’t be used for loans and they need to be young and hungry and that Bale doesn’t care. That’s what I countered

The difference is, Ole has conversations with players he really wants. This is not Ole's target, this is the club failing Ole and giving him Bale.

If Ole wanted Bale on loan, this would have happened long time ago.
Completely disagree. Bale is clearly a second choice behind Sancho.

hmchan

I thought short term solutions like Perisic and Willian were only meant to block the development of young players? :lol:

Bale just sat there.

Man Utd also facilitated those moves, and made sacrifices to push them through.

Real have always wanted a ridiculous fee for him, that no one would pay. Then when they agree to let him go for nothing to China, Real pull the plug. Bale was virtually on the runway.