Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Totally dominates the game against Roma and decided it on his own with two mighty assists. Really speedy and precise delivery. I understand why Mourinho is so freaking obsessed with him.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
He was second choice and i think he dint really push hard enough for the move like Matic did. I would still take him here.

Dave46

Totally dominates the game against Roma and decided it on his own with two mighty assists. Really speedy and precise delivery. I understand why Mourinho is so freaking obsessed with him.
Please, If he was, he would get him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We need crossing from the right wing, Martial is looking menacing this season.

Drainy

I think with how well we have started the season so far the owners should show some trust in Mourinho's judgement and go all out for him in the next few days.

He can play both wings or potentially as a LWB. Give the manager all the tools he needs to go as far as he can in all the competitions.

MadMike

Oh the cafe wants him now we arent getting him
Does it? The same people who said "he's good, but no thanks" seem to be sticking to their guns. He's getting praise for good performances, which really should be on another thread and not this one, but I've not seen anyone change their stance.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wouldn't hold my breath but I hope a late push to get this done, today was the perfect example of why we need a player like him

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Delivered again in a big game to bail Inter out. Still hasn't signed his new contract yet either.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Should have signed him, we clearly could do with someone that has good crossing ability

MadMike

Wouldn't hold my breath but I hope a late push to get this done, today was the perfect example of why we need a player like him
Was it? How so? I'd argue the complete opposite.

He was pretty poor until the 60th minute (check the Serie A thread, everyone was saying the same) and he actually started to look threatening only when the game opened up towards the end. I'd argue based on what we've seen so far from United, that we have no problems breaking teams on the counter when the game is open. It's scoring goals against teams that sit back and defend that still seems tricky. Not to mention we have two very good player in Rashford and Martial for the LW position who have bagged 3 goals and 3 assists in 3 games between them.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Was it? How so? I'd argue the complete opposite.

He was pretty poor until the 60th minute (check the Serie A thread, everyone was saying the same) and he actually started to look threatening only when the game opened up towards the end. I'd argue based on what we've seen so far from United, that we have no problems breaking teams on the counter when the game is open. It's scoring goals against teams that sit back and defend that still seems tricky. Not to mention we have two very good player in Rashford and Martial for the LW position who have bagged 3 goals and 3 assists in 3 games between them.
Too much sense in this post.

Saf94

Please, If he was, he would get him.
Were you asleep during the 2 month long saga where we tried our hardest to sign him? You do know Inter were asking for an insane deal, money plus Martial on loan? It's not like we barely tried to sign him or something...

dichinero

Were you asleep during the 2 month long saga where we tried our hardest to sign him? You do know Inter were asking for an insane deal, money plus Martial on loan? It's not like we barely tried to sign him or something...
Really? We've pulled off more difficult deals.

MadMike

Because our wide attackers were never there, we need an out and out winger in the squad
Will you make your mind up? You said the crossing was bad but when pointed out that it was the fullbacks' crossing that was bad, you switch the argument.

And to answer your switched argument, yes it very much is the fullbacks job to be able to overlap and deliver a decent cross on the final third in the modern game. Every top team has good attacking full backs. Barca had Alves and Alba, Real have Marcelo and Carvajal. None of the top teams rely on wide forwards for width. None of the top teams plays with "out and out" wingers. They seem to do fine, don't you think?

Saf94

Really? We've pulled off more difficult deals.
So we didn't try hard to sign him then is that what you're saying? Even though you give no evidence except implying it's obvious logic even though it isn't. Surely the fact that this thread is 250 pages is evidence this has been a hell of a saga. All the reports also substantiate that. What's your evidence that Mourinho didn't want him that much?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Will you make your mind up? You said the crossing was bad but when pointed out that it was the fullbacks' crossing that was bad, you switch the argument.
I'm not switching the argument at all* it's not my fault if you're drawing your own conclusions from what I'm posting

*oh and argument? Why is it an argument? To be honest don't answer that I'm not really interesting in arguing discussing anything with you

MadMike

I'm not switching the argument at all* it's not my fault if you're drawing your own conclusions from what I'm posting

*oh and argument? Why is it an argument? To be honest don't answer that I'm not really interesting in arguing discussing anything with you
Cool

Dave46

:)
Too much shit in the papers, nothing from Jose. Clearly, not interested.

Saf94

:)
Too much shit in the papers, nothing from Jose. Clearly, not interested.
Shit like how journos said from day 1 we wanted Matic and not Fabinho and no one believed them? There's more shit from people on these boards than there are from journo's

Dave46

Shit like how journos said from day 1 we wanted Matic and not Fabinho and no one believed them? There's more shit from people on these boards than there are from journo's
Not sure if Jose was interested in Fabinho either. See, Matic became available and Jose pulled the trigger. 5-10 mil would not have been an issue for a club like United if Jose really, really wanted Perisic.

Saf94

Not sure if Jose was interested in Fabinho either. See, Matic became available and Jose pulled the trigger. 5-10 mil would not have been an issue for a club like United if Jose really, really wanted Perisic.
How do you know it was 5 - 10m? There were reports we offered 35m and Inter wanted 50m + Martial, that's quite a way off...

To be honest the most likely truth is Inter had no intention to sell and when that's the case negotiations are very difficult. We also enquired about Willian this summer (he mentioned in an interview) but we didn't get him because Chelsea would never sell. Doesn't matter how much Jose wanted him, and i'm sure Jose would have wanted him most, if the selling team don't want to sell negotiations are near impossible. I feel it's similar with Perisic. Even if we upped our offer they probably just upped their demands, there was no acceptable fee for him

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How do you know it was 5 - 10m? There were reports we offered 35m and Inter wanted 50m + Martial, that's quite a way off...

To be honest the most likely truth is Inter had no intention to sell and when that's the case negotiations are very difficult. We also enquired about Willian this summer (he mentioned in an interview) but we didn't get him because Chelsea would never sell. Doesn't matter how much Jose wanted him, and i'm sure Jose would have wanted him most, if the selling team don't want to sell negotiations are near impossible. I feel it's similar with Perisic. Even if we upped our offer they probably just upped their demands, there was no acceptable fee for him
The group that owns Inter is filthy rich. 50 or 60m is feck all to them.

Saf94

So is United.
I don't think the Glazers have invested a single penny into United and I doubt they will. We run off our 500m a year revenue, which is pretty small compared to the 12bn net worth of Inter's owner

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Late bid will go in for him. Still think he will be playing here after international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.