Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

There havent been any discussions in a while.

This has been confirmed even by the Inter coach.
Really? That again wasn't my point before you jumped in questioning where I get my information like you have the ear of the player. Equally when did any coach be honest about any transfers anyway? Again my point was it's better to have entered into discussions at any time even if it's negative than not at all. If nothing else, the player knows you are interested in him....I'm was suggesting as the window comes to a close, it's easier to get these over the line than starting from scratch.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's not bad news for us either.

Meeting Inter's demands (especially the include Martial in the deal ones) would have been just idiotic.

Inter keep a key player,Perisic gets a massive payrise and United are not mugged off in the sale. life goes on for all three.
I don't believe for a second that Martial would've been included in the deal. They had a price that Woodward wouldn't meet.

We would be much stronger with him this season than without. It would make 'Manchester United' alot stronger if we had the option of Perisic with his pace and two footedness.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I don't believe for a second that Martial would've been included in the deal. They had a price that Woodward wouldn't meet.

We would be much stronger with him this season than without. It would make 'Manchester United' alot stronger if we had the option of Perisic with his pace and two footedness.
He might have been a good squad option.

Inter wanted a price that far exceeded his supposed value to us. I doubt we will be back for him this Summer or any other one thereafter. That was my point. This transfer is not happening.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He might have been a good squad option.

Inter wanted a price that far exceeded his supposed value to us. I doubt we will be back for him this Summer or any other one thereafter. That was my point. This transfer is not happening.
He would've been a first 11 player, don't let some of the negative comments on here fool you to think otherwise.

LoneStar

I hope we sign him somehow. We need proper width against opposition who park the bus. The guy can cross. We need someone like that.

Janson

He would've been a first 11 player, don't let some of the negative comments on here fool you to think otherwise.
Obviously, many around here haven't seen him play. He would absolutely be a starter for us. Other than the usual skills you would look for in a winger, I like that he is also tall and has good hold up play.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wouldn't have been worth the price.

United have been willing to stump the cash for genuine talent. The fact that we haven't done that here speaks volumes.
Woodward and the Glazers have blocked this transfer. What speaks volumes is that, Perisic was one of the four targets on the list given to Woodward by Mourinho.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Woodward and the Glazers have blocked this transfer. What speaks volumes is that, Perisic was one of the four targets on the list given to Woodward by Mourinho.
C'mon you can't possibly know the ins / outs of it all... you read the same bullshit (often contradictory) articles / Twitter/ clickbait as the rest of us

Adnan

Talent Spotter
C'mon you can't possibly know the ins / outs of it all... you read the same bullshit (often contradictory) articles / Twitter/ clickbait as the rest of us
I'm going off what the Manchester Press pack and Duncan Castles have been reporting for months. Ducker, Stone, Castles etc all reported he was one of the four on the list. Di Marzio even reported our interest.

Mourinho gave the list to Woodward. He basically begged Woodward to sanction the Matic deal.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I want to see us win and compete on all fronts like Real Madrid, Barcelona, etc
Perisic really isn't the player to help us get to that level though. I know what you're arguing for and I agree, but i just don't think players like Perisic are the way forward. By all accounts he's definitely been a 2nd choice of Mourinho or else we'd have him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Perisic really isn't the player to help us get to that level though. I know what you're arguing for and I agree, but i just don't think players like Perisic are the way forward. By all accounts he's definitely been a 2nd choice of Mourinho or else we'd have him.
That's fair enough mate, but I believe he would be a magnificent player to have on the counter attack. Would make us a very potent attacking team. We're not gonna get anyone from the top clubs and my preferred player for that role has ended up at Barca. I honestly think loads on here are vastly under-rating the ability of Perisic.

el3mel

The deal is clearly deal I think our market is done already. Let's enjoy the remaining 3 days of the market without worrying too much.

Rashford and Martial showed they can do the job fine on the left flank anyway.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Ok, enlighten us?:D
Ok,
when he became head coach of our NT, he had an interview, talking about his life, career, family, bla, and said he had TV repair shop for years, and he bragged how good he was, never got any complaints from customers. He closed the shop (1991) to follow his dream of being football coach, and was doing it ever since with no success what so ever. Only reason he is Cro Coach is, yes, you guest it, he is friend with Z. Mamić. Yeeey, lucky us.

So everytime we play, there are posts on different forums about this nice guy who is passionate admirerer of Technical equipment for viewing moving pictures. It is like posters are having competition who will be funnier in expressing their gratitude to God Almighty for giving us such vertisale man to lead us to success.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ok,
when he became head coach of our NT, he had an interview, talking about his life, career, family, bla, and said he had TV repair shop for years, and he bragged how good he was, never got any complaints from customers. He closed the shop (1991) to follow his dream of being football coach, and was doing it ever since with no success what so ever. Only reason he is Cro Coach is, yes, you guest it, he is friend with Z. Mamić. Yeeey, lucky us.

So everytime we play, there are posts on different forums about this nice guy who is passionate admirerer of Technical equipment for viewing moving pictures. It is like posters are having competition who will be funnier in expressing their gratitude to God Almighty for giving us such vertisale man to lead us to success.
Thanks for sharing mate

RuudTom83

Martial and Rashford will be occupying the left side of the pitch this season.

Perisic would have added more width, but sacrificing the development of the younger lads probably wasn't worth it in the long run!

For me Mata on the right is a bigger concern, as plenty of goals have come from the left so far this season...the right not so much!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He's basically a younger version of Ashley Young. A solid but unspectacular squad option.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Martial and Rashford will be occupying the left side of the pitch this season.

Perisic would have added more width, but sacrificing the development of the younger lads probably wasn't worth it in the long run!

For me Mata on the right is a bigger concern, as plenty of goals have come from the left so far this season...the right not so much!

100% agree. Mata is terrible on the right.

A right winger and left and right fullbacks should be our absolute priority in the coming transfer windows.

I'm massively surprised that we haven't bought a left back this summer.

Perisic isn't nearly as good as some on here think he is. He's massively inconsistent.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Most of our squad wouldn't. Guess we should bin the lot of them.
Well that's rather idiotic, dont you think ?

Especially considering the actual context that the statement gou are replying to was made. (I.e Perisic would help us get closer to the level of Madrid and co). He's simply isn't anywhere near Bayern,Madrid standard. At least with our younger players, there's hope that they could be one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.