Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Putting stories out through English journalism ?

The obvious thing is that they want money, and they recognized that Perisic is the most realistic target they can do without and use him to get money, so they're pressing to get at least +46m. We only seem to want to pay 36m, but don't what Chelsea will offer.

I think he'll leave eventually for 35-36m as they really want to sell him to get money and their resistance will fall if us and Chelsea surrendered from the transfer. They're not in strong position as it seems, us ( and Chelsea ) are. We can search for other targets if they asked for ridiculous price, but they're the ones who want to sell him.
Well, we don't have a deal and suddenly Chelsea link appears. Don't buy it myself. A journalist nowadays will print anything he gets from his "sources" whether it's from England or any other country.

Anyway, if they value him that much, don't see anyone paying it. That I agree with you.

Trophy Room

He's an average player. Certainly won't take us to the next level by himself. However, we haven't got an out and out winger with similar attributes to him so if purchased could be a useful addition. I think he's only got 2 years left at the elite level, he strikes me as a player who will drastically drop in quality when he loses a yard of pace.

Devil may care

Funny that because Hazard had his best season under Jose. Three of Ronaldos best goalscoring seasons came under Mourinho.

He didn't have any issues with Robben. Just Robben was made from glass and he was refusing to sign a new contract. So do carry on talking bollocks and having meltdowns in May.
Hazard's just had his best season and by the time Jose was finished with him he was a fecking shell of the player. Ronaldo and him don't get on because Jose had no choice but to cater the team to him, he wanted Ronaldo to track back all the time and he didn't want to, Ronaldo got his way.

Yes, it was all Robben's fault, it's a wonder you can see to type with your head so far up Jose's arse.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Could Mourinho be aiming at something like this ?

--------new DM/Herrera----Pogba/Fellaini--------------------
Mkhitaryan/Mata-----------------------------Perisic/Lingard
--------------------Griezmann/Pereira------------------------
----------------------Rashford/Martial------------------------
4-4-2, pretty much. We played lots of times like this after Zlatan got injured. Mourinho knows Rashford can't play alone upfront.

Last edited:

el3mel

No way! In a 4-4-2, Griezmann will play mostly centrally, with Mkhitaryan on one of the wings.
I was talking if we're going with 4-2-3-1 not 4-4-2.

I 4-4-2 Griezmann will play centrally, but you'll need a new shiny RW as Mikhi will fail miserably in this place.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

So the league winners are after him not just us ? Maybe he's not that bad after all ? :D

Also they said in the article we targeted him but have another targets.
Chelsea battling United for a player the CAF's e-experts think is disappointing. Sounds about right.

Android1974

Perisic is coming because Jose is not happy with the players he's got. If we bring in Griezmann, Perisic and possibly a striker, then Mata, Lingard and Martial won't all be here next season. I'm assuming he'll give Mkhitaryan another chance.
Of course they will! I'll bet you none of them will be out, except perhaps (a long shot) Martial, if we get an excellent offer for what looks like Rashford's sub.

By the way, can't understand why people believe this Perišić guy would harm Rashford's development. And people here are deluding themselves if they believe Rashford won't be a starter next season.

Gopher Brown

We don't know that Perisic was 5th choice on the list of players Jose wanted for the LW, but all the others are no go.

I assume Jose has a few choices for each position he wants to strengthen and Ed Woodward works through the list til he finds the one that will come.

Android1974

Correct. Assuming Perisic plays on the left, then him and Martial will both be battling it out. Jose is not going to constantly alternate between the two so one will cement the spot, whilst the other expensive signing will drop until the circumstances change. Unless Jose plans to sell Martial in which case it's different.
No, without Zlatan, Martial has been mostly Rashford substitute as a forward. In some particular games Martial can go to the left again, but I think his future at United lies upfront.

El-Manos

Personally I never get the obsession people have with only signing big talents. Once upon a time Bayern signed 3 players: unproven Dante, In proven Mandikic and paid heftily for Javi Martinez. The club has never looked back since that treble year.....Sometimes the 'underwhelming' talents are what a team needs yo push it up a level.
A lot of clubs wanted Javi Martinez, including 80% of the caf. He wasn't that unproven, it was quite clear he was very talented. All the players you just mentioned were also a lot younger, I fail to see how this compares to Perisic, who is actually known, just not known to be very good.

Bojan11

Hazard's just had his best season and by the time Jose was finished with him he was a fecking shell of the player. Ronaldo and him don't get on because Jose had no choice but to cater the team to him, he wanted Ronaldo to track back all the time and he didn't want to, Ronaldo got his way.

Yes, it was all Robben's fault, it's a wonder you can see to type with your head so far up Jose's arse.
You clearly talking bollocks again. Jose let Ronaldo free and let Di Maria add the balance to the team by tracking back. Just like Fergie did by putting Park on the other side. Ozil was the best playmaker in Europe under Jose. So was Sneijder.

But carry on with your Jose workhorse bollocks.

Robben was made from glass hence why he was sold by Real Madrid too. Not sure why you arguing against that.

Devil may care

You clearly talking bollocks again. Jose let Ronaldo free and let Di Maria add the balance to the team by tracking back. Just like Fergie did by putting Park on the other side. Ozil was the best playmaker in Europe under Jose. So was Sneijder.

Robben was made from glass hence why he was sold by Real Madrid too. Not sure why you arguing against that.
Jose was so great with that Madrid team that Ronaldo, Ramos and Casillas actively sought to get him out, but yes, there was no problems, and I didn't say he only likes workhorses, I said he likes workhorse wingers, but just keep making shit up.

Real Madrid sold Robben because they had broken the world record twice in one summer with Kaka and Ronaldo, they had to make some room and Robben and Sneidjer were moved on.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
A lot of clubs wanted Javi Martinez, including 80% of the caf. He wasn't that unproven, it was quite clear he was very talented. All the players you just mentioned were also a lot younger, I fail to see how this compares to Perisic, who is actually known, just not known to be very good.
exactly. Especially after Javi and Herrera schooled Carrick and an ageing Scholes on ball possession. It was Barcelona vs United all over again

Bojan11

Jose was so great with that Madrid team that Ronaldo, Ramos and Casillas actively sought to get him out, but yes, there was no problems, and I didn't say he only likes workhorses, I said he likes workhorse wingers, but just keep making shit up.
Yes dear because players at Chelsea and Real Madrid have never previously got rid of managers or downed tools. They had the same manager for decades in your fantasy world and then evil Jose came along. Zidane will stay at Real Madrid for 10 years like Ancelotti, Pellegrinni, Benitez and Mourinho before him.

MadMike

I think it's you who's talking bollocks. He didn't let Ronaldo do anything. He asked Ronaldo to track back and Ronaldo told him to feck off. But because Ronaldo is bigger than Mourinho, he had to grudgingly adapt to Ronaldo's wishes. It wasn't his choice. After that they never really talked to each other. It's all pretty well documented.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...aldo-almost-came-to-blows-at-Real-Madrid.html

AXVnee7

No, without Zlatan, Martial has been mostly Rashford substitute as a forward. In some particular games Martial can go to the left again, but I think his future at United lies upfront.
Not the best example. Zlatan and Rashford are our two primary strikers. Martial has played as a left forward most times in his appearances this season. He was deployed as a forward in Zlatan's absence to cover for Rashford who needed to best rested for the Europa league. Our only other true striking option would've been Rooney but Martial is a much better example.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Di Maria wasn't particularly tracking back, Mourinho's Real Madrid is everything I want to see from him, he built a solid back six and left his attackers alone. It's Ancelotti who transformed Di Maria into a workhorse.

Bojan11

I think it's you who's talking bloocks. He didn't let Ronaldo do anything. He asked Ronaldo to track back and Ronaldo told him to feck off. But because Ronaldo is bigger than Mourinho, he had to grudgingly adapt to Ronaldo's wishes. It wasn't his choice. After that they never really talked to each other. It's all pretty well documented.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...aldo-almost-came-to-blows-at-Real-Madrid.html
I'm talking bollocks and gives me article written by Balague. :lol:

Devil may care

Yes dear because players at Chelsea and Real Madrid have never previously got rid of managers or downed tools. They had the same manager for decades in your fantasy world and then evil Jose came along. Zidane will stay at Real Madrid for 10 years like Ancelotti, Pellegrinni, Benitez and Mourinho before him.
Awww settle down kiddie, Uncle Jose will be along soon to tuck you in and tell you about how the Real Madrid and Chelsea players were all to blame for everything and he is completely innocent, it'll be in your fairytale collection along with sleeping beauty, night sweet prince.

Bojan11

Di Maria wasn't particularly tracking back, Mourinho's Real Madrid is everything I want to see from him, he built a solid back six and left his attackers alone. It's Ancelotti who transformed Di Maria into a workhorse.
Di Maria and Ozil especially in the Classico games at the Nou Camp put on some fine defensive to counter performances. But that was really the only game Jose had to go defensive for in La Liga. The rest of the games he didn't because he knew his team was better than the rest.

Android1974

Not the best example. Zlatan and Rashford are our two primary strikers. Martial has played as a left forward most times in his appearances this season. He was deployed as a forward in Zlatan's absence to cover for Rashford who needed to best rested for the Europa league. Our only other true striking option would've been Rooney but Martial is a much better example.
And we aren't starting next season with Zlatan, nor with a similar and equally imposing player, are we?

Bojan11

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I rate Perisic for reasonable price. Brozovic on the other hand is talented but with some doubts about his attitude. Also where would he play? Herrera is way better.

Basically, we would spend great deal of our transfer budget with this kind of deal.

AXVnee7

And we aren't starting next season with Zlatan, nor with a similar and equally imposing player, are we?
Cannot say yet, as our transfer business has not concluded. The difference between the situation you just described, and the one now is that Jose actually has the chance to sign another striker whereas then and there he had to make do with the resources at his disposal. I'm not disputing that Martial's future may lie as a CF but as of right now I think it's safe to assume he will continue in his current position where he has been deployed by Mourinho all season barring the end. Rashford has performed better than him as a central striker - and that's why Rashford started up front in the Europa final.

izec

I rate Perisic for reasonable price. Brozovic on the other hand is talented but with some doubts about his attitude. Also where would he play? Herrera is way better.

Basically, we would spend great deal of our transfer budget with this kind of deal.
60m is nothing and we need another player in midfield. Brozovic is a good player and relatively young. Inter want 50m for Perisic alone, we would probably meet ata round 40m. I would chuck in another 20m and get both. We have a lot of money to spend and would cover 2 positions with 60m, i dont see the issue.

NoPace

Perisic is pretty quick? I'm not saying he would be my choice but if it's true Jose obviously has his reasons. Let's just see how it plays out.
Perisic is fast for a normal player but average for a winger. Faster than Mata, slower than Rashford or Martial, probably about the same as Mkhitaryan but not as fast with the ball at his feet.

The only ways I can see this making sense is that Mourinho might want a defensive winger to be to play 4-4-2 in easier games with Griezmann in the front 2 and then basically a lopsided 4-3-3 with Griezmann on the right, since he has said he likes Valencia pushing up and his LB tucking in and dropping back a bit more to still give 3 defenders. So, basically these 2 setups:

-----Rashford-Griezmann (Martial)
Perisic----------------Mkhi (Mata, Lingard)
------Pogba---Herrera---- (CM)
LB-----------------Valencia
-------LCB---Bailly--------

and

---------Rashford------------
--------------Griezmann---
Perisic--Pogba-CM----------
----------Herrera---Valencia
---LB----LCB-----Bailly
-----------De Gea
in which it's almost a 3-5-2 because the LB, be it Darmian, Blind, Shaw or a new signing is focused on defending and Valencia and Perisic are providing width, and Bailly is covering the wing more than a normal CB since Valencia is pushed up so far.

Personally, I'd much rather we just spend the 40M or whatever Perisic would apparently cost on a proper dangerous LB like Mendy and just start 2 of Martial, Mata and Mkhitaryan on the wing, or Griezmann on the right.

And if we do need a player for this role, I don't see how signing a 28 year old for 40M who isn't world class makes any goddamn sense. Lemar is 21 and better than Perisic already. If Perisic loses a step, there's no way he'll be good enough to start here, and at 28 and after 400 games, that should likely happen in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.