Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mata is a nothing player (imho) and he's the average one of the three. Runs around like headless chicken, soft, scared of any contact and never gets stuck in. He's also slow as feck.

You might think my barometer is broken but actually it's yours. You'll realize you were wrong later this summer when he end's up at Weat Ham or Galatasaray.
It looks like others have already highlighted the problems in this post so I'm not going to bother anymore.

Your views on Mata are downright weird, and they clearly won't change. I'm not discussing further as it will risk derailing the thread.

gaucho_10

It looks like others have already highlighted the problems in this post so I'm not going to bother anymore.

Your views on Mata are downright weird, and they clearly won't change. I'm not discussing further as it will risk derailing the thread.
You probably forgot by now what it takes to compete on the highest level (not a trolling attempt, just don't know other way to phrase this).
Perisic is a better, more complete player then Mata, and probably twice the player in Mourinho's team.

At this point in time, United shouldn't care about money, but getting the right players to make the next step.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Send them a plate of spaghetti with horse shit packed inside a cute looking box.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Don't think we're signing him, but if we were, he'd be a good addition to the team (provided the fee is close to, or lower than United's valuation than Internazionale's). Some of José's best teams contained players that weren't exceptional at face value, but fit seamlessly in his vision of the setup (eg. who thought Pandev would be an integral part of his Treble team at Inter). Perišić could be used in a similar way as Mandžukić is for Juventus under Allegri - press high up the pitch from a nominal wide position, provide a physical element for the opposition fullback to contain, track back to make important defensive interventions, allow a (potentially new) left wingback to overlap without compromising the defensive balance - like Sandro for Juventus, plus he's a natural wide player - and Mandžukić isn't.

If we sign Griezmann, someone like Perišić could be crucial because he'll allow Antoine to press in a 442 configuration (like Dybala for Juventus) and bring rigidity to a midfield than could have Pogba as a double pivot. All if and buts, and there's bound to be apprehension, but maybe Mourinho has a definite scheme in mind, and has found a round peg for a round hole in Perišić. Reckon Carrasco is a perfect fit for United (plus, younger and qualitatively better than Perišić), but Atlético aren't going to sell both him and Griezmann in the same window, and would fleece us for the entire buyout clause if we're adamant.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Don't think we're signing him, but if we were, he'd be a good addition to the team (provided the fee is close to, or lower than United's valuation than Internazionale's). Some of José's best teams contained players that weren't exceptional at face value, but fit seamlessly in his vision of the setup (eg. who thought Pandev would be an integral part of his Treble team at Inter). Perišić could be used in a similar way as Mandžukić is for Juventus under Allegri - press high up the pitch from a nominal wide position, provide a physical element for the opposition fullback to contain, track back to make important defensive interventions, allow a (potentially new) left wingback to overlap without compromising the defensive balance - like Sandro for Juventus, plus he's a natural wide player - and Mandžukić isn't.

If we sign Griezmann, someone like Perišić could be crucial because he'll allow Antoine to press in a 442 configuration (like Dybala for Juventus) and bring rigidity to a midfield than could have Pogba as a double pivot. All if and buts, and there's bound to be apprehension, but maybe Mourinho has a definite scheme in mind, and has found a round peg for a round hole in Perišić. Reckon Carrasco is a perfect fit for United (plus, younger and qualitatively better than Perišić), but Atlético aren't going to sell both him and Griezmann in the same window, and would fleece us for the entire buyout clause if we're adamant.
We need bodies, so obviously despite my aversion for the player I would take him. But the examples you gave are kind of great because Pandev was free and Mandzukic moved for 20m€. Also none of them were labelled as great player by people who clearly didn't saw him before checking youtube.

Dante

Average bang
https://t.co/CIyNk4K2PO

Basically Independent saying that we are offering 35m whilst Inter want 50m. Deal is at a roadblock.
If that's true, we're going to leave the offer on the table for the next few weeks whilst we leak stories to the press about chasing alternative options and hope that Perisic kicks up a fuss to force the move before his opportunity disappears. This one will rumble on.

ravi2

The price Inter want for him is ridiculous, surely we can do better for £50m.
I trust in Jose but I think we really should be looking at a higher caliber of player, especially for that price range

Nori-

Now its being reported in the Independent that United are open to offers for Martial and are seriously pursuing Perisic. Great.

So if this is true, we are looking to offload one of the most exciting prospects in Europe who is only 21 years old, to replace him with a 28 year old who isn't even in the top 30 players in Europe. This is really winding me up.

engulfing

The comments from the inter director basically confirms it, its more of inter wanting to sell than us wanting to buy. Inters decided perisic is the best choice to sell to solve their ffp problems and are trying to hawk him. As far as our interests he would be a decent squad player and provide something different but we won't pay more than 25-30 gbp and if we don't get him no big deal.

MadMike

I doubt these prices are even in £, in reality. I can see us bidding €35m (£30m), but I doubt we'd go any higher for a 28yo with no great track record. That's already more than doubling the €16m (£14m) Inter paid only 2 years ago.

Personal opinion here, but I don't think we'd raise that offer. We'd just leave it for a couple of weeks, like @Dante said, and if Inter don't come down to our asking price we'll just move on to the next target. They won't get a higher offer from anywhere else so the player will just stay at Inter in that case.

Snafu17

Why is the Delaney article threadmarked? He's not right about anything ever.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
We need bodies, so obviously despite my aversion for the player I would take him. But the examples you gave are kind of great because Pandev was free and Mandzukic moved for 20m€. Also none of them were labelled as great player by people who clearly didn't saw him before checking youtube.
Aye, you're right. The numbers being mentioned as kinda off-putting - especially in relation to those two. And to be honest, I wouldn't want any player from current Internazionale apart from Icardi, Gagliardini or Handanović, but Perišić is one of the few players that can do justice to a niche role (like an upgraded Lingard), so maybe he's being rated in terms of his utility, who knows. For Inter's valuation, we could just as well add a couple dozen million and target Carrasco - now that would be an astute signing for the short, medium and potentially long term. Hmm, let's see what happens - not convinced we're that interested in Perišić.

Dembeza

Now its being reported in the Independent that United are open to offers for Martial and are seriously pursuing Perisic. Great.

So if this is true, we are looking to offload one of the most exciting prospects in Europe who is only 21 years old, to replace him with a 28 year old who isn't even in the top 30 players in Europe. This is really winding me up.
Don't believe everything you read.

Martial was a huge investment, I don't see us offloading him any time soon.

Mainoldo

I feel Martial being sold would only mean we are getting Mbappe.

JeffBoomTetris

It seems the interest is somewhat serious from our camp. If Jose finds use for Perisic then it is okay. But, we need to keep the price down. Any price above 30 million quid is over the top for players of that bracket

RedRevongge

I doubt these prices are even in £, in reality. I can see us bidding €35m (£30m), but I doubt we'd go any higher for a 28yo with no great track record. That's already more than doubling the €16m (£14m) Inter paid only 2 years ago.

Personal opinion here, but I don't think we'd raise that offer. We'd just leave it for a couple of weeks, like @Dante said, and if Inter don't come down to our asking price we'll just move on to the next target. They won't get a higher offer from anywhere else so the player will just stay at Inter in that case.
Yea i'd assume we are looking to pay around 35 million euros which seems a fairer price given the current market conditions. It would probably be stupid on our part to pay more for a 28 year old (unless he was genuinely world class) I think we should pursue other targets if Inter say not to that amount.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yea i'd assume we are looking to pay around 35 million euros which seems a fairer price given the current market conditions. It would probably be stupid on our part to pay more for a 28 year old (unless he was genuinely world class) I think we should pursue other targets if Inter say not to that amount.
That is what he is worth. If we end up paying much more there will be so much pressure on his shoulders.

Arthur Friedenreich

Coincidentally Coutinho was sold by Inter but for peanuts. The main issue with Perisic for me is the price, 35m sterling max should we pay, anything beyond that is a bad deal.
I can see what Mourinho is thinking here.
The next year the priority need to be back to the winning times and he will need players in their peak to do that.
The price tag is because is Man United.

ManRed

That is what he is worth. If we end up paying much more there will be so much pressure on his shoulders.
Agreed and see no reason to pay more. Its not like he has a lot of admirers, Inter are not in champions league next season and nobody is going to pay that for him next season. Its the right time and the right price, don't know what Inter are playing hardball for.

Frank Grimes

I can see what Mourinho is thinking here.
The next year the priority need to be back to the winning times and he will need players in their peak to do that.
The price tag is because is Man United.
35m is too much imo but if Inter are unwilling to negotiate(rumours they are looking for 50m, which is laughable) then move on to other targets.

RedRevongge

I haven't really followed him so my assessment of the price is based on what others have said however I don't think paying more will add pressure on him purely because I think we will pay a lot more for at least one other player (Griezmann) and the likes of Chelsea, City and maybe Liverpool will spend big on players. 35 Million Euros is a big price tag, but it's almost normal in the modern game

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I said in the Martial thread that the guy was a flash in the pan and I got ridiculed. I still stand by my statement somewhat. He is a good player but I think last season he exceeded his potential. It's not outlandish to think that.

prtk0811

You probably forgot by now what it takes to compete on the highest level (not a trolling attempt, just don't know other way to phrase this).
Perisic is a better, more complete player then Mata, and probably twice the player in Mourinho's team.

At this point in time, United shouldn't care about money, but getting the right players to make the next step.
Different players, different attributes, Different expectations yet both valuable when used right. When you need to hold the ball, create and circulate the ball and not loose the posession, mata is better at this, But when you need width, speed ability to stretch defenses crosses than perisic is more useful.

When you play against different philosophies and systems to tackle that you need players suiting the task you want to achive on the pitch. Mata does his job brilliantly when the need for creativity and ball circulation is required he cant not be compared to perisic who also haslimitations like mata.

Paxi

Someone mentioned 442 with Perisic, Pogba and Griezmann earlier but who knew? Most people take Jose as a fecking fool. FM generation.

Paxi

Just a thought as well.. Was Eric Cantona not very very underwhelming for Leeds?

I know circumstances are different but my point is - should we not wait until the guy proves himself unworthy of a United shirt? And if he is (worthy), who gives a feck how much he cost? As far as I'm concerned as fan, every player that bled for the shit is priceless.

WhoDaGOAT

Just a thought as well.. Was Eric Cantona not very very underwhelming for Leeds?

I know circumstances are different but my point is - should we not wait until the guy proves himself unworthy of a United shirt? And if he is (worthy), who gives a feck how much he cost? As far as I'm concerned as fan, every player that bled for the shit is priceless.
No. Cantona was basically what Cesc was for Chelsea this season. His assists were invaluable. He also scored a hat-trick in The Charity Shield a few weeks before signing for United.

kirk buttercup

I said in the Martial thread that the guy was a flash in the pan and I got ridiculed. I still stand by my statement somewhat. He is a good player but I think last season he exceeded his potential. It's not outlandish to think that.
He was brilliant in his first season and a little underwhelming last season but the talent is undoubtedly there. I don't think he is a flash in the pan at all, and expect a much better season next year and maybe that's where Perisic fits he may fit a cetain role Jose wants to be filled and bring a balance to what he is trying to acheive, even though it seems a little bit of a nothing signing. if this does happen I would wait till the end of the transfer window to see all the cards out on the table before judging individual signings. Perisic has been very good for Croatia ,with the right players around him he could be one of those signings that surprise everyone.

Minimalist

Form outsiders perspective, his post is everything except train wreck.

You have guys like Mata, Young and Lingard on your team to compare. All average or below average players. Perisic is more complete then any one of them. Not even a contest.
Absolute drivel.

Somehow the 'defenders' of Perisic are now talking substantially more shite than the crowd criticising him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Don't understand this meltdown here. He is a true winger. With all skills what winger must have. Pace, dribble, cross, finishing. We don't have basically any natural winger in squad. Ok, we have lingard so as i said we don't have any winger in squad.
So why are you people against him? We can't buy neymar or bale. Robben is old. Sanchez is out of reach for us . Except griezmann( who is also not a true winger) who do you want ? What player is clearly better than perisic and is available?
As i said earlier price is high, he is 28, not bale or neymar level but the fact is that he will go straight in our first 11.

But i think that this story is not true. We will not buy griezmann and another winger and striker. So if griezmann is our prime target then this is bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.