Ivan Perisic

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What's even weirder is that the cult seems to enjoy his averageness and gloats without him even performing that well.

It's basically the kiss jose ass club.
One of them called him one of the best wide players in the world. I was like "hmm ok.. " Still not seeing with him

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
One of them called him one of the best wide players in the world. I was like "hmm ok.. " Still not seeing with him
He has a weird cult on the caf
What's even weirder is that the cult seems to enjoy his averageness and gloats without him even performing that well.

I agree with the above. Decent player, just a level or two below of what we need.

Robbie Boy

He’s ok really, that’s it. Some seem obsessed with overrating him so they can defend Jose. It’s really odd carry on. Call it as you see it, he’s decent and a hard worker but that’s all I’m seeing.

Minimalist

He reminds of a Valencia (as in Tony) level winger. Energetic, works hard but not top quality.

You'd like to have him in your squad but you don't break the bank for players like him.

Robbie Boy

He has a weird cult on the caf
It’s the holier than thou brigade that seem obsessed with him. It’s agenda driven pro-Jose bollox. I have no issues with Mourinho, mind. But that doesn’t mean I have to pretend that every player he wants to sign and every decision he makes is right.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I agree with the above. Decent player, just a level or two below of what we need.
Yup. Would look right at home in our current team, I’m sure, without doing anything to help us get back to the level we should aspire to be. Decent player, but never one a top team will look to.

kouroux

It’s the holier than thou brigade that seem obsessed with him. It’s agenda driven pro-Jose bollox. I have no issues with Mourinho, mind. But that doesn’t mean I have to pretend that every player he wants to sign and every decision he makes is right.
Very true. Jose is a man and can get some things wrong but he did well not to break the bank for Perisic

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Strange that Perisic is being raved about. He was rated as a decent player turns out he's been decent in the past season. We tried to get him for a fair price and Inter tried to make us pay double what he was worth.

redIndianDevil

Yup, to some apparently he would have been the best winger in the PL if we had signed him last season.:lol:

Robbie Boy

Funniest thing is, had he never been linked to us and was linked to a rival, I imagine no one on here would rate him bar the Croatian contingent.

redIndianDevil

Very true. Jose is a man and can get some things wrong but he did well not to break the bank for Perisic
No..thank feck Woodward had sense. If Mourinho had his way , Martial would be playing for Inter and Perisic for us.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Same way fellaini is one of the best midfielders in the world while martial is overrated and not worth the hype.
Fellaini is an average midfielder and Martial is overrated (forget about the hype because there is little hype about Martial anymore after 2 underwhelming seasons). Also Perisic is nothing special and I have no idea what Inter were trying to do by getting us to pay 50m for him.

haram

He is a good player, but people said he was a shit turd, which is completely false if you had actually watched him play. That’s what the problem was.

Now people are back to comparing him to Townsend. Utterly clueless.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Another plodder that runs a lot. Explains why Jose wanted him so much.

izec

He is inconsistent, always was and always will be. If people were frustrated with Mkhitaryan, they wouldnt be happy with Perisic. He is frustrating to watch week in week out, especially when you realise he should be at his peak and when he really has some excellent games, but cant keep the level for a handful of games.

Cloud7

He’s an average player, not shit, but not anything special. Our season would have gone more or less the same had he signed.

The only people who thought he would be some kind of team changing signing were the extreme pro José people.

Robbie Boy

He’s kind of like a a combination of Matthew Etherington, Chris Brunt and James McClean in one :drool::drool::drool:

Alexit

I thought I knew why Jose wanted him after watching Croatia in the group stages.

He was poor today. He over hit too many crosses. It was pretty abysmal at times.

haram

All of this bollocks was not being said before this game, you guys really are something else.

Andersons Dietician

Do you enjoy making shit up?
That was reported last summer, and again during the season. Jose was happy to swap Martial for Peresic but the board put a Kabosh on that idea as they supposedly have faith in Martial or something. Was reported by a few different outlets.

fallengt

Crossed a lot, couldn't find target, wasted few chances as well. Not a bad game, he worked his ass off but it wasn't that effective.
Totally a 50m players at the age 30 there. Let's sell Martial, buy Perisic and play him in his uncomfortable position. Thanks Caf

Last edited:

Hawks2008

The last part is the nail on the head. It is entirely agenda driven.

kouroux

Crossed a lot, couldn't find target, wasted few chances as well. Not a bad game, he worked his ass off but it wasn't that effective.
Totally a 50m players at the age 30 there. Let's sell Martial, buy Perisic and play him in his uncomfortable position. Thanks Caf
This is also what I don't get from those who wanted him badly, Perisic plays most of the time on the left but we'd buy him to play on the right wing ? Just because he is 2 footed ?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is also what I don't get from those who wanted him badly, Perisic plays most of the time on the left but we'd buy him to play on the right wing ? Just because he is 2 footed ?
Yeah, now we have signed Sanchez, Perisic won't make any sense. He didn't play as RW for Inter, all his best games for Inter was playing as left winger.

He would have been good addition last season but not at the expense of Martial. Now we have to sign a RW instead of relying on changing player's position.

redIndianDevil

Do you enjoy making shit up?
I don't, it was widely reported when we were in for Perisic and Inter demanded Martial as a loan with an option to buy and due to Martial's fanbase, the idea was put down by Woodward. Look what happened with Fellaini this season, a player after disrespecting the club got a 2 year deal solely because Mourinho wanted him. I think one can safely assume Mourinho would have given in to INter's demands if he had had a free run back then.