Ivan Perisic

redIndianDevil

This is also what I don't get from those who wanted him badly, Perisic plays most of the time on the left but we'd buy him to play on the right wing ? Just because he is 2 footed ?
I don't think we would have signed Sanchez if we had bought Perisic, Mourinho wanted him for the left wing.

redIndianDevil

He is a good player, but people said he was a shit turd, which is completely false if you had actually watched him play. That’s what the problem was.

Now people are back to comparing him to Townsend. Utterly clueless.
No people called him average, but you keep telling us that he would have been the best winger in the PL, especially in a year a Liverpool winger kept banging it in.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Wow what a thoroughly average player. Mourinho would have loved us to sign him for big money and run backwards at marvellous, tremendous, exhilarating, electrifying speed to protect the backline. The same people raving about him are probably also the same folk whipping out that "martial cult" line out like it's their imaginary online top red cock saluting to every other top red out there yo yo (respect, real talk tm).

Dodged a bullet thanks to Woodward, not Mourinho.

Last edited:

JohnnyLaw

The worst thing about the whole Perisic thing last year was that at the same time Bayern were auctioning out Costa and Roma were selling Salah, players who would've actually made sense pursuing. So weird that we were looking to spend between 60-80 million on the likes of Perisic and Lindelöf for positions we were already stocked in whilst positions like LB and RW were completely ignored.

The Bloody-Nine

I don't, it was widely reported when we were in for Perisic and Inter demanded Martial as a loan with an option to buy and due to Martial's fanbase, the idea was put down by Woodward. Look what happened with Fellaini this season, a player after disrespecting the club got a 2 year deal solely because Mourinho wanted him. I think one can safely assume Mourinho would have given in to INter's demands if he had had a free run back then.
You know what they say about assumptions. You're not a mind reader and Martial is still here.

Alfie092

The worst thing about the whole Perisic thing last year was that at the same time Bayern were auctioning out Costa and Roma were selling Salah, players who would've actually made sense pursuing. So weird that we were looking to spend between 60-80 million on the likes of Perisic and Lindelöf for positions we were already stocked in whilst positions like LB and RW were completely ignored.
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I have no idea why we were not in for Salah. Salah had an amazing season at Roma, a better season than Costa did. Mourinho has coached Salah and was the one that bought him to Chelsea I believe, he surely must have been aware of the improvements he has made as a player while at Roma. 19 goals in all competitions at the age of 24 playing within a competitive league is a solid return. RW is also his best position.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I have no idea why we were not in for Salah. Salah had an amazing season at Roma, a better season than Costa did. Mourinho has coached Salah and was the one that bought him to Chelsea I believe, he surely must have been aware of the improvements he has made as a player while at Roma. 19 goals in all competitions at the age of 24 playing within a competitive league is a solid return. RW is also his best position.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Nobody....and I mean nobody predicted before the season started that Salah would have the season he had.
In fact, even now, many (myself included), believe that Salah will never have a season like the one he just had.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Get the feeling we're going to pursue Willian this summer for the same job Mou wanted this guy for last summer, hope i'm wrong.

Siorac

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Nobody....and I mean nobody predicted before the season started that Salah would have the season he had.
In fact, even now, many (myself included), believe that Salah will never have a season like the one he just had.
He had a better season at Roma than Perisic at Inter though. I seem to remember a few people saying so at the time as well, he's clearly a better player than Perisic.

Alfie092

He had a better season at Roma than Perisic at Inter though. I seem to remember a few people saying so at the time as well, he's clearly a better player than Perisic.
Definitely! What Perisic has over Salah is he is more versatile, both footed, stronger and better in the air due to his height. I guess those were the reasons what would have wanted Jose to go for Perisic instead of Salah, IF he at any stage even considered going in for Salah that is.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Caf moaning rival signings are better than ours? Nah, that never happens, not ever...

Valerio

Supports
Juventus
Inter FC and his fans are begging to see anyone come for Perisic. They knows it's their last chance to earn anything from his sale.

A good player but Inter asking fee of 40-50m is laughable to a whole new level.

Don't fall for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Inter FC and his fans are begging to see anyone come for Perisic. They knows it's their last chance to earn anything from his sale.

A good player but Inter asking fee of 40-50m is laughable to a whole new level.

Don't fall for it.
Andrè Silva to Milan 38 million €
Bernardo Silva to Manchester City 50 million €
Virgil Van Dijk to Liverpool 85 million €
Nicholas Otamendi to Manchester City 45 million €
Aymeric Laporte to Manchester City 65 million €
Alvaro Morata to Chelsea 66 million €
Nemanja Matic to Manchester Utd 45 million €
Victor Lindelof to Manchester United 35 million €
Joao Mario to Inter 45 million € (2016)
Gabriel Barbosa to Inter 30 million € (2016)
Mangala to Manchester City 30 million € (2014)
Kyle Walker to Manchester City 50 million €
Ousmane Dembele to Barcelona 120 million €

goes on to infinite.

When you see such players like this going for this prices… I don't get why Inter can't ask 50 million € for Perisic??

Last edited:

Valerio

Supports
Juventus
Man you quoted only young players.
While Perisic is on his way to his 30th birthday
Is it really the same? paying 50m for someone who is going to turn 30 in 5months?

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Man you quoted only young players.
While Perisic is on his way to his 30th birthday
Is it really the same? paying 50m for someone who is going to turn 30 in 5months?
Age matters when it suits your argument, I can't remember Juve fans talking about Higuain age when you splashed 90 m for a 30 years fat old.

ps. United just last year paied the same sum for a 1 year older ordinary player like Matic.

haram

No people called him average, but you keep telling us that he would have been the best winger in the PL, especially in a year a Liverpool winger kept banging it in.
I said he would have been one of the best wingers in the league. Salah and Perisic are different types of players anyway, Salah is barely a winger. Dont know what he has to do with Perisic anyway.

Valerio

Supports
Juventus
He was 28 when we bought him and he'll be 31 in 6 months

Last edited by a moderator:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Always said he's a neat player, he's a decent old fashioned winger who will guarantee assists and goals

ti vu

Some people in the match thread was well offside with their reactive comment. Croatia was not great and England was good with their pressing. Perisic is not the special type to lift the whole team on his own, so for them to expect great outing One man army, was silly. He did his job on defensive side and helping a bit of stretch play to relieve pressure waiting for HT to regroup the team as a whole. It's what we lack sometimes with our attackers when not effective upfront wouldn't bother stay in game to help the defense. As long as one keeps the score reversible at HT, the chance to come back is on. And here second half. It's experience matter

Last edited:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It was still the right decision to not sign him.
Had Perisic been bought, he'd have provided crosses for Lukaku to score.
Perisic would've won us extra points and in the FA Cup, who knows what would've happened.
In any case, we have Sanchez, now, so Perisic won't ever be playing for us.

ti vu

Had Perisic been bought, he'd have provided crosses for Lukaku to score.
Perisic would've won us extra points and in the FA Cup, who knows what would've happened.
In any case, we have Sanchez, now, so Perisic won't ever be playing for us.
IIRC @Keeps It tidy stance was if we bought Perisic, we would have moved Martial to Inter at their request. Which reality showed, we didn't accept. Perisic would be useful, but there is a price we were comfortable for. That's it. Ship has sailed.

Bole Top

no surprises here, great player. I always knew he'll make some posters eat their own words.

Greck

No one thought Sanchez was worse than Perisic before joining our shiteshow of a system. Things worked out for us. We ended up with the better player