Ivan Perisic

ti vu

Thats true. But Rebić can still progress as a player imo.
I don't & didn't say he can't develop. Just that I don't think United has the spot for him in the squad to develop his game. Kinda similar to Perisic case. I wouldn't want the young Perisic but our issue with width, Perisic entering his maturity as a player would fit us like a glove for few years. So I wouldn't say no if in few years Rebic can develop all his attributes into a good player.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Perisic would be a still good buy if the money was decent 30-40m pounds, howwver there is no chance. Could see him playing on the right feeding Lukaku and co a lot if he loses his form, I believe he could be the player who could be transformed into a RB, he has strength workrate and is pretty inteligent, could takeover from Valencia/Young and cover both sides which would be a plus, meanwhile we would have ready Dalot who could do the same. Also for 3-5-1 he would be a good wingback, Young and Valencia are too defensive already for that role.. naways ship has sailed

Greck

There's nothing so special about his skillset that we couldn't find in a cheaper alternative if our scouting strategy didn't consist of going for the most obvious transfers and getting bent over the barrel as a result. He's been a good contributor in a functional team but hasn't actually lit the WC on fire in his 2 games

Rista

Honestly, the overreaction in here to one decent performance is far more ridiculous than anything last summer.
A 3 page thread on how he would have been a good buy is "far more ridiculous" than that abomination? Okay. "One decent performance" does sound just like something pulled from that thread.

ti vu

There's nothing so special about his skillset that we couldn't find in a cheaper alternative if our scouting strategy didn't consist of going for the most obvious transfers and getting bent over the barrel as a result. He's been a good contributor in a functional team but hasn't actually lit the WC on fire in his 2 games
Thing is he's at the stage where he's matured and his game is more consistent. Sure you may find players with his skill set AKA a young Perisic, it still doesn't ease our problem. We have enough young players who would need game time. We want a mature player offering specific quality, which happens to be rare nowadays.

As has been repeated, the ship had sailed. He is now way overpriced for what he's worth so moot point.

Silas

"Abomination". :lol:
It's not hard to understand why people didn't want us to be fleeced for a 28/9-year old winger that hasn't exactly been amazing in his career.

Rista

"Abomination". :lol:
It's not hard to understand why people didn't want us to be fleeced for a 28/9-year old winger that hasn't exactly been amazing in his career.
It was literally as if Mourinho was considering spunking money on a championship level player. I was against paying 40 or so million for him as well but most people actually thought he was shit.

Inter Yer Nan

Every time I’ve seen him I’ve been fairly impressed. Not a large sampling of games but he’s a very good player. I was surprised to see how lowly he was thought of last summer.

We won’t be buying him though. I’m 99% sure of that.

haram

He would have easily been one of the best wingers in the league. Say what you want about the price, but people were acting like he wasn’t a good player. He wasn’t a big name and he wasn’t young, so people ran off with a narrative without even seeing him play properly.

I completely understand why Mourinho wants players like Willian and Perisic. Both are quality.

MarchingOn

The one that got away. Should have splurged those last few millions and bought ourselves some much needed width.

One more sponsorship and we should be able to pull it off, aye Ed?

Stacks

He would have easily been one of the best wingers in the league. Say what you want about the price, but people were acting like he wasn’t a good player. He wasn’t a big name and he wasn’t young, so people ran off with a narrative without even seeing him play properly.

I completely understand why Mourinho wants players like Willian and Perisic. Both are quality.
He'd rival Salah yeah??/ fat chance.
Because he doesn't know how to get the best out of actual talented attackers and needs workmanlike robots.

Aloysius's Back 3

Both are consistently in and out the world class bracket. They are players of pure work rate - something Jose can count on; to put them out on the pitch & atleast get a 6 out of 10 rating in every game just because of the distance they can cover.

These players are supposedly at peaks and likelihood of getting better is unlikely in comparison to getting worse in a year. To say that perisic & willian is like Salah is bonkers & shows a possibly biased view.

Our football will continue to be about hard work than flair - ultimately as seen by the season we finished we made hard work of plenty games we should be winning & lost the league to a title that were playing games & toying with their opponents.

Perisic & willian would be good additions to wing backs if Jose was willing to analyse his squad & adapt his tactics to get the best out of them but these guys you mention are not going to win us the title playing as our main attacking threats.

haram

He'd rival Salah yeah??/ fat chance.
Because he doesn't know how to get the best out of actual talented attackers and needs workmanlike robots.
Salah is barely even playing as a winger. I said Perisic would be one of the best wingers in the league. He is not a workman like robot. He is a quality player. He is talented.

Both are consistently in and out the world class bracket. They are players of pure work rate - something Jose can count on; to put them out on the pitch & atleast get a 6 out of 10 rating in every game just because of the distance they can cover.

These players are supposedly at peaks and likelihood of getting better is unlikely in comparison to getting worse in a year. To say that perisic & willian is like Salah is bonkers & shows a possibly biased view.

Our football will continue to be about hard work than flair - ultimately as seen by the season we finished we made hard work of plenty games we should be winning & lost the league to a title that were playing games & toying with their opponents.

Perisic & willian would be good additions to wing backs if Jose was willing to analyse his squad & adapt his tactics to get the best out of them but these guys you mention are not going to win us the title playing as our main attacking threats.
Where did I even mention Salah?

haram

Players like Perisic and Willian will help our transition game. I dont understand what people’s problem is with Perisic as a player? What do people want from a winger? The fact that he is an impressive athlete and has a good work rate along with his footballing ability makes for a very good player. He is a constant threat and a team player.

I dont think we will sign him anymore. The reaction last summer was unbelievable though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Get him for RW. Let's face it, whomever we sign, we're going to pay over the odds. So may as well be this guy.

TheReligion

Abusive
Turns out Jose knows a decent player when he sees one.

Good job we don't trust Caf idiots with our scouting.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Turns out Jose knows a decent player when he sees one.

Good job we don't trust Caf idiots with our scouting.
I wanted him last season if you look at the old thread. ;)

Not going to name names but few made themselves right fools in that thread. Ah well, it happens. I wanted Morata over Lukaku. Thank feck I was wrong. Glady take stick for it for years to come.

Anyway, I really like Perisic. So two footed and proper old fashioned wide player. Something we've been missing a long time.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He uses both his legs well, it's not a problem.
He is not that special as a LW either, there is a reason he is still at Inter. To sign him only to experiment him as a RW would be a complete lunacy, but nothing we haven't seen here in last few years anyway.

el3mel

He is not that special as a LW either, there is a reason he is still at Inter. To sign him only to experiment him as a RW would be a complete lunacy, but nothing we haven't seen here in last few years anyway.
We're experimenting anything, again he uses both his legs well, not uni-footed, he'll play as efficiently on the right as on the left.

I think the ship has sailed but I'm pretty sure he would had become an instant fan favorite here if he had joined. He's exactly the player we need on the flanks and I prefer him to Willian too.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
again he uses both his legs well, not uni-footed, he'll play as efficiently on the right as on the left.
From what I know, he always preferred left side so him using both legs isn't exactly something that will convince me he is equally good on the side he never preferred to play.

The Bloody-Nine

The reason he's still at Inter is that they priced him out of a move to us.

el3mel

From what I know, he always preferred left side so him using both legs isn't exactly something that will convince me he is equally good on the side he never preferred to play.
As long as he's not uni-footed he'll be good on both flanks imo. Problems only arise when you have to do things on your weaker one.

Anyway as I said the ship has sailed. We're not linked to him anymore.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
The reason he's still at Inter is that they priced him out of a move to us.
From what I can remember, they asked around 50m euros, right? Those numbers haven't stopped us before, especially if Jose was really keen on him.

TheReligion

Abusive
I wanted him last season if you look at the old thread. ;)

Not going to name names but few made themselves right fools in that thread. Ah well, it happens. I wanted Morata over Lukaku. Thank feck I was wrong. Glady take stick for it for years to come.

Anyway, I really like Perisic. So two footed and proper old fashioned wide player. Something we've been missing a long time.
Agreed mate.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Unusual timing for a bump. Been very average tonight, along with everyone else.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
From what I can remember, they asked around 50m euros, right? Those numbers haven't stopped us before, especially if Jose was really keen on him.
IIRC we tried to take advantage of their FFP issues, they wanted 30 million before June so we made bid of 30 million which didn't go well with Inter. Then they made the money with other sales and when ManUtd went with other bid they asked for Martial in return.

Greck

Not seeing the must-have player here. I'd still take Sanchez

redIndianDevil

did nothing of note, just average IMO, good thing we steered clear off this one. he is the croatian Townsend IMO.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Glad we missed the boat on him. Dependable, good up and down workhorse. Good traits but nothing outstanding about him. Almost like Jose sees a mirror of himself as a player. Seems to have problems with talented players. Sir Alex never did despite not being an incredibly talented player himself