Ivan Rakitić

TrebleFan99

He mentioned few times that he is not interested in EPL as he likes the life style in Barcelona. His wife also happy with where they are as they dont want to disturb their kids education. Recently she mentioned that.

Do we need another player who's heart is not really set to play for UTD?
I have never seen a quote from him saying he’s not interested in the EPL. Even if that was once true, it’s possible he wants more playing time or is now open to a move, people change.

I wouldn’t sign his wife or kids so they’ll have to figure that out on their own.

EDIT: I would sign his wife and kids at the moment, especially if they can do a job at RW

Last edited:

GoldanoGraham

He is well past his sell by date - would never settle and the EPL would be too quick for him now

he needs a nice setup in a warm climate - maybe MLS for him but we shouldn’t entertain this at all

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Barca facing a rebuild and offloading players this summer, Rakitic is a free agent next summer, Barca want to cash-in on him.

32 years old and would be available for 10-20M, as a squad player would you take him for 2 years?

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Ability wise he's a borderline first division player at this point, physically completely shot. I guess there's a small chance he turns it around with the change of scenery but on balance someone would have to be mad to take him now.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
His legs are gone. Last thing he should to is come to the PL.

I don’t think he’d fancy it, either. I think he’d like a return to Seville and they do have the place for him with Banega leaving.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If it's 32 years old Iniesta or even Milner, I would say yes. But I watched Rakitic few times this season and I think his leg has completely gone. For a short term backup option, you want someone who can still run & kick in. Otherwise, it'll be like Schweinsteiger all over again.

Gordon S

If it's 32 years old Iniesta or even Milner, I would say yes. But I watched Rakitic few times this season and I think his leg has completely gone. For a short term backup option, you want someone who can still run & kick in. Otherwise, it'll be like Schweinsteiger all over again.
You would like to have James Milner at our club?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You would like to have James Milner at our club?
I would say no, so take it back what I just said but if I have a choice Milner 32 yo or Rakitic 32 yo, I will take Milner all day since he can still run and kick in and offer versatility roles which suit for backup.

Bojan Djordjic

Barca facing a rebuild and offloading players this summer, Rakitic is a free agent next summer, Barca want to cash-in on him.

32 years old and would be available for 10-20M, as a squad player would you take him for 2 years?
Definitely not. We should be trying to future proof our squad. Rakitic is past it, would demand high salary and would add to the dead wood issue rather than improve it.

Squeaky Bumtime

Ability wise he's a borderline first division player at this point, physically completely shot. I guess there's a small chance he turns it around with the change of scenery but on balance someone would have to be mad to take him now.
Come one now, he's not a first fivision player but buying a 32 year old player woudln't be a smart thing to do. He'll play a major part next year in Euros and we wouldn't and couldn't afford to play with a division one player, by we I mean Croatia of course.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I dont think he's passed it. He's not Rakitič of old but still a good, useful player. At 32 though there's no logic in buying him at all. He'd last a year or 2 at most.
Aye that's the fear. I still think he's quality but we already have Matic who we are only going to have the best out of for another couple of years, wouldn't be worth pursuing in that case.

Squeaky Bumtime

Aye that's the fear. I still think he's quality but we already have Matic who we are only going to have the best out of for another couple of years, wouldn't be worth pursuing in that case.
We should go for Brozović. He can play every position in midfield and he'd be a great, great buy. I'd even say right now he's our second most important player after Modrić.