Ivan Rakitic

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Is 75m like the magic number this year? Every team wants 75m for every player.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Is 75m like the magic number this year? Every team wants 75m for every player.
This is likely a bs article but I think they mean 75 for Verratti

He is expected to cost around £75m and Don Balonsays the Catalan giants will need to sell Rakitic to finance a swoop, leaving United and AC Milan as potential destinations for him.

Sterling Archer

He hasn't provided much value to Barca in his time there, has he? I don't see him as anything close to what we need. Much rather any if the touted Matic Dier or Wiegl.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Based on what I've seen... No thanks.
But as with anything else, Mourinho is more likely to know what his team needs than I do, so thank god he's the one getting paid to make decisions and not some random guy on the interwebs. :p

Mainoldo

Having watched him live I feel a move here would be perfect for him. He pretty much plays in 3rd gear for that team, I think he only plays for his country!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He hasn't provided much value to Barca in his time there, has he? I don't see him as anything close to what we need. Much rather any if the touted Matic Dier or Wiegl.
That's not true. He's had a tough job, being one of the main outlets to get the ball to the forwards, one of their most dangerous players outside the box and double duty defending because Barca play with 3 players that don't defend.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Perennial bullshit artists MEN are rolling with us being after Ivan Rakitic, the logic being theyre looking to sell to make room and funds for Verratti. Full on :drool: if its true. Anyone entertaining this?
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...r-news/man-utd-transfer-ivan-rakitic-13337832
I heard this rumour ages ago and it went like Chelsea if they sell Fibreglass to Milan would try and sign him and that we had asked to be kept informed. Do I believe it? I'm sure we have been briefed on lots of possibilities and said the same about many players. So perhaps but doesn't mean we will sign him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Won the treble in 14/15, won the double in 15/16 and won the Copa last season.

el3mel

He's really far, far away from what Jose wants from his midfielders. It's a BS obviously.

HowYouDoin

Sorry for bumping this up, move or merge where more appropriate if necessary but anywho the rumors online are that we are seriously in for Rakitic in january. What do you think?

He is turning 31, still a good quality player, probably losing a step and slowly declining as we speak but for the next 2 seasons or so he should absolutely be able to do the job for us.
Amazing signing if true IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I can see him be a potential for one of our midfield solution. He’s someone that can improve us, our possession since he’s a great deep playmaker & passer. He can release Pogba to advanced role. Pogba shouldn’t be anywhere near in our deep midfielder, he tends to lose possession easily in dangerous are & he’s our most creative player means he should be playing in advanced role to allow him create our chances. Rakitic is a deep playmaker while Pogba isn’t.

If he’s available for small fees, I’ll take him. And when I meant small fees is like between 10m - 15m and also reasonable wages. He only has 1.5 years left in his contract and he’s 31/32 years old. It makes sense that we don’t spend another silly money on ageing players with less than 2 years contract left. If Barcelona is insisting to get big money from him then they better be happy with 150k p/w sitting on their bench without playing.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sorry for bumping this up, move or merge where more appropriate if necessary but anywho the rumors online are that we are seriously in for Rakitic in january. What do you think?

He is turning 31, still a good quality player, probably losing a step and slowly declining as we speak but for the next 2 seasons or so he should absolutely be able to do the job for us.
Amazing signing if true IMO.
Barca fans can’t wait to get rid of him. Sounds perfect.

Ban

He's on a downward spiral and that's from me who is a bit biased cause he's Croatian.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Should have accepted a move away in the summer, it was clear he wouldn't play much after De Jong's arrival. Italian league might be the best fit at this point, he looks shot physically.

arthurka

Yeah we have a great experience in getting old players from big clubs before.

OleGunnar20

Terrible idea. Would encapsulate all of the mistakes we've been making since Fergies departure in one neat little racist, homophobic package. Let's stay away shall we.

Similarly opposed to the Mandzukic idea. Overpaid, over the hill, lazy stop gaps will get us nowhere fast. We need to start identifying talent before it becomes Sancho, and certainly before it becomes Mandzukic.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Struggles with the pace and looks to be physically declining. Not sure how he’ll adapt to the pace and physicality of the EPL. So I’d steer clear. Don’t get me wrong, he’d probably improve us if we play him next to McT and push Pogba higher up. But it would/should be a very, very short term solution.

Alfarosi

I admire Man Utd fans, they think they can rebuild a winning team just with youngsters.

Obviuosly not, you might have to get some old players, probably overpaying them, just to build a base to let youngsters grow.