Ivana Fuso | injured - will miss the rest of the season

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
And another one!

She's a 19 year old German forward signed from FC Basel, and has captained the national side at various levels. Seems like a talented and strong player.

The 19-year-old joins the club following the conclusion of her contract at Swiss side FC Basel and can play in a variety of attacking positions. Fuso has also previously played for SC Freiburg in the Frauen-Bundesliga.

Fuso has represented the German national team at various age groups and is currently Under-19 captain.

Ivana Fuso said: “I’m so happy to be here, it’s a dream to sign for a club like Manchester United. Casey is a great coach and I’m looking forward to working with her and the staff, as well as meeting my new team-mates. It will be my first time playing in England, the league is very competitive and I know that being a part of this team will help me develop further as a player. I’m ready to start training and really put the hard work in ahead of the new season."

Casey Stoney said: “Ivana is a talented young attacking player with a lot of potential and I’m delighted she has signed for the club. She is an intelligent player who is fantastic in possession and will add so much to our attacking play. I’ve also been impressed with the leadership skills she possesses at such a young age and I know she will fit in well with the squad. I’d like to welcome Ivana to the team; we are all looking forward to working with her."

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
We have been busy. Has there been an agreement for when the next season is due to begin?
I'm not sure actually. I think it was supposed to start in the beginning of September, but I have no idea if that's been confirmed yet.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
We have been busy. Has there been an agreement for when the next season is due to begin?
WSL is scheduled to restart on 5th/6th September. That's a men's international weekend, so I guess they may try and restart it with some of the most attractive matches - last year we played City at the Etihad as our opening game.

Some clubs may start playing again in August with the 19/20 season Women's CL and FA Cups closing rounds, but it's not confirmed yet.

If the timing works out, I can actually imagine football using the WSL opening round to try a limited socially-distanced crowd trial. It's really hard to visualise OT with 70k+ inside it, anytime soon - but OT with 10k ticket only entry with households able to book as a group and spacing by ticket number? Maybe the clubs/FA/government advice will be ready for a few experiments.

Web of Bissaka

Fuso has represented the German national team at various age groups and is currently Under-19 captain.
:devil: She looks badass. I don't know but she looks like a United player. Fits the profile too -- young and leadership.

Early days but future captain for us?

Ivana Fuso said: “I’m so happy to be here, it’s a dream to sign for a club like Manchester United. Casey is a great coach and I’m looking forward to working with her and the staff, as well as meeting my new team-mates. It will be my first time playing in England, the league is very competitive and I know that being a part of this team will help me develop further as a player. I’m ready to start training and really put the hard work in ahead of the new season."
I like her self-confidence comments. It seems to indicates her having strong mentality and ambition.

Looking forward to next season. Fuso!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm not sure actually. I think it was supposed to start in the beginning of September, but I have no idea if that's been confirmed yet.
WSL is scheduled to restart on 5th/6th September. That's a men's international weekend, so I guess they may try and restart it with some of the most attractive matches - last year we played City at the Etihad as our opening game.

Some clubs may start playing again in August with the 19/20 season Women's CL and FA Cups closing rounds, but it's not confirmed yet.

If the timing works out, I can actually imagine football using the WSL opening round to try a limited socially-distanced crowd trial. It's really hard to visualise OT with 70k+ inside it, anytime soon - but OT with 10k ticket only entry with households able to book as a group and spacing by ticket number? Maybe the clubs/FA/government advice will be ready for a few experiments.
Thanks. Using the WSL to trial socially distanced crowds sounds a great idea.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
I've not seen her play, but she does sound like our kind of signing - a top youngster with real potential.
Me neither. All the reports I can find describe her as a Forward rather than a Striker, so I assume she can play anywhere across the front three. I think we ideally need another striker though, so it will be interesting to see where she plays.

Lightbringer

Ivana has injured herself in training, out for the rest of the season :-(

Not manyy offensive threats left, injuries really hitting us hard.

Andersons Dietician

Question has anyone actually seen much of her playing? Only seen a few brief outings for us. Is she decent?