I've got some things to say by Romelu Lukaku

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Really good article, I remember when I was a kid playing in tournaments there being a few times when other youngsters had to produce I.D, must have you made feel like crap
Must be, but I can see why they did in Roms case. Judging by the pictures the boy had a physique like a god by the time he was 13.

He seems like such a well rounded individual.

Mike Smalling

Great article! Even though I probably knew that he was not well off as a kid, it really hits home, when you hear the details. Really explains his desire!

Bit excessive use of the word 'bro', though :)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Really good read.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Great article! Even though I probably knew that he was not well off as a kid, it really hits home, when you hear the details. Really explains his desire!

Bit excessive use of the word 'bro', though :)
It’s actually very well written. Especially the opening section. I’m sure I remember one of the players saying something about Lukaku being one of the more intelligent squad members. This confirms it.

Shark

@NotShark
That article gave me shivers. Massive respect for this man, hopefully he goes on to become a United legend.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Fans tend to be cynical and dislike lots of players but when you read some of the stories of where they came from, most of them are very inspiring.

Brophs

The One and Only
Interesting stuff.

A first for the Players’ Tribune. An organisation seemingly set up only to allows sportpersons to ‘write’ long reams of self-publicising shite that says absolutely nothing of interest

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Interesting stuff.

A first for the Players’ Tribune. An organisation seemingly set up only to allows sportpersons to ‘write’ long reams of self-publicising shite that says absolutely nothing of interest
Stop talking shit. There have been a lot of high impact articles on Players Tribune and although interesting this isn't even the best. Keyon Dooling opening up about sexual abuse as a child and subsequent psychological trauma throughout his adulthood was a 1000 times more impactful.

Siorac

Wow, that was a brilliant read. To be honest, I half-expected some bland PR stuff, but this was fantastic.

klsv

Great article, admirable person, love his passion.

Really good article, I remember when I was a kid playing in tournaments there being a few times when other youngsters had to produce I.D, must have you made feel like crap
The absolute cocksockets who go on about players faking their age, including on here, can feck right off.

Renegade

Rom’s done very well to get the fans back on his side. Fair play to him.
Would people be happy with a similar season from him again? Or do people expect more?

In my opinion he finished the season very well, but his performances in the middle part of the season wasn’t good enough.I’d like to see him dominate defenders in the bigger games next season. Hopefully Jose rest’s him a bit more next season too.

Nick7

Would people be happy with a similar season from him again? Or do people expect more?

In my opinion he finished the season very well, but his performances in the middle part of the season wasn’t good enough.I’d like to see him dominate defenders in the bigger games next season. Hopefully Jose rest’s him a bit more next season too.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/romelu-lukaku-2017-18-performances.430573/

Try this thread.

Siorac

I expect a lot more, especially in the league. 16 goals in 34 games is not great when you're the absolute focal point of the attack. And the goal drought he had in the middle of the season was frustrating to say the least.

podurban2

It’s actually very well written. Especially the opening section. I’m sure I remember one of the players saying something about Lukaku being one of the more intelligent squad members. This confirms it.
Lingard did in an interview not long ago.

cathari

What an emotional read. I'm a little bit ashamed that I didn't know his story and where he is coming from. What a player we all the sudden got last summer. This season, the lead up to the World Cup, and the more I feel I get to know him, he is showing signs of being everything what Manchester United is about. He has that thirst, that 'drive' that we the fans have been so fortunate to expect from our players. I'm not saying our players need to come from nothing to be a United player, but I think you need to know what drives you in order to take it out on the biggest stage.

Reactions: Akshay

F1D

Wow, very inspiring, every kid should read this.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Knew he had good character after seeing a few interviews when he joined. Now we know why.

I'm thinking this was ghost written, no? He's a fecking good writer if not. Seems too well structured for someone who isn't professional. I'd be seriously impressed if it isn't though.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I don’t know why some people in my own country want to see me fail. I really don’t. When I went to Chelsea and I wasn’t playing, I heard them laughing at me. When I got loaned out to West Brom, I heard them laughing at me.

But it’s cool. Those people weren’t with me when we were pouring water in our cereal. If you weren’t with me when I had nothing, then you can’t really understand me.
Brought tears to my eyes, just being able to relate.

What a man, I absolutely love him.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Stopped reading when he bought FIFA instead of Pro Evo.

Nah, good lad our Rom. Inspiring stuff. Hope he smashes it this tournament.

Lam

From Angela Duckworth's book Grit:

Passion + Perseverance (=Grit) > talent

Tremendous respect for Lukaku.