I've got some things to say by Romelu Lukaku

NotQuiteManc

Great article and stories.

Now we know why he always say he is striving to improve. Goal returns might not be great but he did improve some aspects of his game already during last season.

Whatever happens in the future, be it him being a legend or not, success or failure, I know I wont begrudge him for lacking heart or effort. Unlike few of current and former players.

RedTiger

Half mast
We're never going to win the league with him though, no matter how many inspirational stories he puts up. Football's unfair that we only got 1 great season out of RVP, 1 season with Zlatan, absolutely incredible strikers but if only we had them 5-10 years younger. Lukaku is gonna stick around for a while considering his transfer fee and he will get you loads of goals but he's not the complete package I'm afraid
That's all we want mate, if we get that then the titles will follow.

MadMike

By this logic India should be world champions of everything in sport.

Secondly, I doubt this is the life of successful athletes. It may be the story of many many footballers or cricket players in India but a lot of athletes also get a head start and stay at the top because of their family and good economic circumstances. I'd love to know how many Tennis players or Swimmers come from non-upper class or middle class backgrounds. The same for cricket in England.
Well, you can't excel at a sport if there's a financial barrier to entry that you can't meet.

There's a reason football is the most popular sport globally. All you need is a ball and something to form a makeshift goal from.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
These stories break my heart but these are ultimately the lives of successful athlete's. That burning desire to never go back to that way of life ever again is ultimately what propel people like Lukaku to becoming successful in their field. Look at the kids who grow up in the slums of Brazil and Argentina.

It's an interesting study in sociology, and perhaps why teams in the Scandinavian region don't produce great players that often
. The quality of life there is much better and easier, even if you're poor, you definitely wouldn't be mixing milk with water to get by, the social system won't let you get that bad.
Hmmm...

Population of Scandinavia (Nordic countries) = 27 million
Population of Brazil + Argentina = 250 million

MrPooni

Last edited:

Norris

Wonderful read. It felt so real and just brutally honest. Fantastic from Rom. The desire the man has, the will and the passion, it's just amazing how important it has been as a driving force to his undeniable talent.

Nikelesh Reddy

Wonderful read. It felt so real and just brutally honest. Fantastic from Rom. The desire the man has, the will and the passion, it's just amazing how important it has been as a driving force to his undeniable talent.
Delighted that we signed him last summer,thank god we chose him over Morata.I fully expect Romelu to just keep getting better and better over the next 2-3 seasons...

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Not very large but accurate, evidently.

Like I said, he works for the company. So I'll take his actual sales data over your/my anecdotes. Tempted to tell him that "some Icelandic bloke off redcafe thinks you're talking shit" so he can suggest they revise their marketing strategy in the region, mind you.
I'm just surprised that you can listen to that number and think that it's in any way close to the truth? Why even produce Coke if those are the numbers?
Not very large but accurate, evidently.

Like I said, he works for the company. So I'll take his actual sales data over your/my anecdotes. Tempted to tell him that "some Icelandic bloke off redcafe thinks you're talking shit" so he can suggest they revise their marketing strategy in the region, mind you.
It's hard to google but I found an article on this from 13 years ago where they were comparing the sales of every product between the companies. Food products in general the company that sells Coke had 64% market share. Coke vs Pepsi was 85% to Pepsi's 15% whilst sugared drinks in general (that includes other types of soda and juice) was twice as much from the producers of Coke (mostly thank to Coke).

Coke has been massively popular since the 40's. When you go to the movies you have yourself some "popp og kók" not "popp and soda" (kók being Coca-Cola). Even though you don't mean Coca Cola people will still say Coke. The older generations talk about having "kók and prins" (prins being the Polish chocalate Prins Póló which is popular here).

This BSc essay since 2013 is about the soda markets and goes over the market in Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the UK. The essay says that Coke is bigger than Pepsi in all the markets. It's very hard to find hard data however because they need to be purchased from AC Nielsen or some company that has it.

I don't know who your mate is or what he does but he's either full of shit or something got lost in translation because I doubt he himself believes that Pepsi is 90% of the Cola market when the opposite is more likely.

crossy1686

career ending
By this logic India should be world champions of everything in sport.

Secondly, I doubt this is the life of all successful athletes. It may be the story of many many footballers (or cricket players in India) but a lot of athletes also get a head start and stay at the top because of their family and good economic circumstances. I'd love to know how many Tennis players or Formula 1 drivers or Swimmers come from non-upper class or middle class backgrounds. The same for cricket in England.
Well India kind of are successful at cricket but they don't really have the infrastructure or funding for for the likes of football.

I was referring to drive and hunger mainly. There's that many 'poor' people in India I guess it becomes normal for them, football wouldn't really offer a way out of that for most.

Tennis and F1 are the exception to the rule of course but I guess when you've got a lot of money you can pay for more lessons and set up scenario's where you're constantly playing better opposition which will encourage development.

Irrational.

Inspirational article.

Makes me laugh when people say he doesn't have the mentality to play for us - he has the mentality of a winner and is United through and through.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I'm just surprised that you can listen to that number and think that it's in any way close to the truth? Why even produce Coke if those are the numbers?

It's hard to google but I found an article on this from 13 years ago where they were comparing the sales of every product between the companies. Food products in general the company that sells Coke had 64% market share. Coke vs Pepsi was 85% to Pepsi's 15% whilst sugared drinks in general (that includes other types of soda and juice) was twice as much from the producers of Coke (mostly thank to Coke).

Coke has been massively popular since the 40's. When you go to the movies you have yourself some "popp og kók" not "popp and soda" (kók being Coca-Cola). Even though you don't mean Coca Cola people will still say Coke. The older generations talk about having "kók and prins" (prins being the Polish chocalate Prins Póló which is popular here).

This BSc essay since 2013 is about the soda markets and goes over the market in Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the UK. The essay says that Coke is bigger than Pepsi in all the markets. It's very hard to find hard data however because they need to be purchased from AC Nielsen or some company that has it.

I don't know who your mate is or what he does but he's either full of shit or something got lost in translation because I doubt he himself believes that Pepsi is 90% of the Cola market when the opposite is more likely.
I’ll be sure to give him the “some bloke off redcafe” feedback. Sounds like Pepsico need to revise their sales data.

Snow

I’ll be sure to give him the “some bloke off redcafe” feedback. Sounds like Pepsico need to revise their sales data.
It's not Pepsico, it's Ölgerðin. They hold the rights to distribute Pepsi products in Iceland they advertise, bottle and sell the product here.

You could also google it yourself. Here's some more reading material for you. It's just the 3rd link I'm providing to refute the nonsense you were told.

Lastly here's a list of all staff of Ölgerðin. Is his name on there somewhere?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It's not Pepsico, it's Ölgerðin. They hold the rights to distribute Pepsi products in Iceland they advertise, bottle and sell the product here.

You could also google it yourself. Here's some more reading material for you. It's just the 3rd link I'm providing to refute the nonsense you were told.

Lastly here's a list of all staff of Ölgerðin. Is his name on there somewhere?
Of course not. That’s a distributor. I told you, he works for Pepsico. He also doesn’t live in Iceland.

Kudos on spending all day googling the Icelandic beverage market anyway. Hopefully you consider it time well spent.

Snow

Of course not. That’s a distributor. I told you, he works for Pepsico. He also doesn’t live in Iceland.

Kudos on spending all day googling the Icelandic beverage market anyway. Hopefully you consider it time well spent.
At least you're being a big man about all this and acknowledging how either he might be wrong or you heard things wrong.

It doesn't take much time to google this stuff. I was waiting to work so I got paid to do it. Time I would have spent browsing reddit or this site anyways.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
At least you're being a big man about all this and acknowledging how either he might be wrong or you heard things wrong.

It doesn't take much time to google this stuff. I was waiting to work so I got paid to do it. Time I would have spent browsing reddit or this site anyways.
I didn’t hear anything wrong. It’s in a whatsapp message. Admittedly he previously said 70% (when I mentioned that I couldn’t get coke in restaurants, a couple of years ago) and 90% today, when I wound him up with the video. So it’s possible the 90% figure is inflated for dramatic effect.

Whatever, as I said, he has a very senior position in the company (Uk & Ireland region) so I have absolutely no reason to think he knows less than you or me about their sales figures, or that your googling has proved those figures wrong.

NYAS

:lol: This thread is why I love RedCafe.

An incredibly deep and rare article posted, leading me to spend about a half hour on the other similar articles and videos on the same website, I then come back to this page to post my thoughts on the topic only to find myself embroiled in another thread where someone insists that Lukaku probably didn’t stay at Everton because of voodoo and a passionate Icelander intensely defending the local influence of Coca-Cola compared to Pepsi.

There’s nothing quite like the Caf.

Inter Yer Nan

There’s nothing to dislike about this guy. Intelligent, humble and articulate. Love that he says there’s nobody mentality stronger than him.

Been saying it for a while. After De Gea my favorite player at the club.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
:lol: This thread is why I love RedCafe.

An incredibly deep and rare article posted, leading me to spend about a half hour on the other similar articles and videos on the same website, I then come back to this page to post my thoughts on the topic only to find myself embroiled in another thread where someone insists that Lukaku probably didn’t stay at Everton because of voodoo and a passionate Icelander intensely defending the local influence of Coca-Cola compared to Pepsi.

There’s nothing quite like the Caf.
:lol: the Icelandic tangent is all my fault tbf.

Roberto420

"Man I'm gonna kill his kid now I'm gonna send him home crying in the car" :lol:

Brilliant article enjoyed that, he really does seem like a likeable bloke who you just want to do well.

Can see him being a cult like figure here love his passion for the game.

Sterling Archer

"Man I'm gonna kill his kid now I'm gonna send him home crying in the car" :lol:

Brilliant article enjoyed that, he really does seem like a likeable bloke who you just want to do well.

Can see him being a cult like figure here love his passion for the game.
This should really become a new Lukaku chant

dbs235

These stories break my heart but these are ultimately the lives of successful athlete's. That burning desire to never go back to that way of life ever again is ultimately what propel people like Lukaku to becoming successful in their field. Look at the kids who grow up in the slums of Brazil and Argentina.

It's an interesting study in sociology, and perhaps why teams in the Scandinavian region don't produce great players that often. The quality of life there is much better and easier, even if you're poor, you definitely wouldn't be mixing milk with water to get by, the social system won't let you get that bad.
I understand your point but he was raised in Belgium, surely that's not common there either?

Dante

Average bang
"For 10 months I get asked 'why always Lukaku? Why always Lukaku? Why always this player?'" Mourinho said.

"'That guy doesn't have a chance to start, the other one is on the bench'. You know why now."
Meanwhile, Martial wants to give up.

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
Moving article. I was about to post the link, but good to see someone beat me to it.

Great read.