Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Liverpool fans must be relieved that Hansi Flick will take over as the new manager of Die Mannschaft. I can see Klopp staying on at Liverpool for a while now.
nah, klopp’s just biding his time for the big merseyside job, like benitez did.

redrobed

He is obsessed with us. Everyone connected with that club seems to be.

We sign a young English dude, a third choice keeper on a free, and a world class centre back for next to nothing and he tries grouping us with City, PSG and Chelsea.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Moaning again. Why mention United at all? Fool.
He mentioned Utd positively by taking a dig at the plastic clubs spending I thought. He didn't exclusively single out Utd, he was asked a question on finances (probably) and replied with how Liverpool operate in regards to all other big clubs. Utd are still a big club right?

Edit: he clearly lumped PSG, City and Chelsea in one obvious group. Then Utd in their own group. It was a compliment in the least complimentary way possible - as it should be. :)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Not sure what he can't understand, ManUtd are one of the biggest clubs and was in top 3 for revenues for few decades now.

ManUtd are one of the few clubs who didn't try to exploit furlough too.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He mentioned Utd positively by taking a dig at the plastic clubs spending I thought. He didn't exclusively single out Utd, he was asked a question on finances (probably) and replied with how Liverpool operate in regards to all other big clubs. Utd are still a big club right?

Edit: he clearly lumped PSG, City and Chelsea in one obvious group. Then Utd in their own group. It was a compliment in the least complimentary way possible - as it should be. :)
It wasn't in the slightest bit complimentary. He questioned how United are able to spend on a similar level to the oil clubs, practically implying foul play with the "I don't know how they'r'e doing it" comment.

He's just well-jell in my opinion.

prateik

Basically saying Liverpool dont have rich owners and arent big enough to generate enough money on their own.

Fachts

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It wasn't in the slightest bit complimentary. He questioned how United are able to spend on a similar level to the oil clubs, practically implying foul play with the "I don't know how they'r'e doing it" comment.

He's just well-jell in my opinion.
Then you don't understand how people speak in a language that's not their mother tongue. I think it's probably better you continue reading into it whatever you like.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Small time excuses getting in early from the small club. They know they are winning feck all this season

AshRK

Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.”

This was klopp after we signed Pogba. Then a year or two later goes on to spend insane money on VVD and Allison. The guy is a grade A hypocrite.

OleBoiii

Did we catch him on a bad day or something? He looks particularly tired, shabby and even a bit depressed. Hell, it even looks like he put on some weight.

It must be tiring to be the hero of football and everything that's honorable in this world.

Threesus

Well, you could have had that and more if you had joined us, Jurgen. Would have saved us from watching Mourinho-ball.

Becks00

In addition to this, anyone seen Carragher's article on Telegraph today too, especially the bit where we have £50m players in every position and the most expensive first 11 in the league. Ignoring the fact that City obviously has a more expensive 11, what's with Liverpool associates obsession with the amount man utd has spent.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
"We've no money" complains Klopp, shortly after the second most expensive goalkeeper and the second most expensive CB of all time sign contract extensions.

sugar_kane

He’s starting to sound like a right loser.

His complete obsession with what other clubs spend and fact smudging where his own club is concerned is honestly making him sound like Mourinho, bitter and washed up.

Maybe he will prove he is still at the top of his game this season but he doesn’t sound very motivated and positive after what should have been a restful summer.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's a spoofer. Remember he claimed Liverpool would never spend big before buying Allison and van Dijk. He's a paranoid weirdo and his time with Liverpool is coming to an end.

romufc

I love it when Liverpool lose, or cannot conduct transfer activity... Klopp's reaction is brilliant to watch. Deflects onto anything and everything.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
"How was your day, honey?"
And I'm sure they cut out the 'Fine babe, how's yours?' from the start of his response. :D

Anyway, sounds to me like he was asked about spending by other clubs compared to Liverpool, and probably given those four examples specifically of clubs that spent more - in which case his answer is nothing special. Happy to be proven wrong though. And I know nothing will stop people from blowing up anyway. :D

Member 101269

Did we catch him on a bad day or something? He looks particularly tired, shabby and even a bit depressed. Hell, it even looks like he put on some weight.

It must be tiring to be the hero of football and everything that's honorable in this world.

No money, VVD no performing well and Robertson injured, and other clubs spending money... :devil: he's had enough..

In the 2019-2020 accounts it looks like they borrow 140m, it might be assumed assume that is gone and they've needed to borrow more for 2020-21. Their first 11 looks on average to be 29 or 30 by the end of the season.. So no money, an aging squad that needs replacing.. gone soon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh 76

In addition to this, anyone seen Carragher's article on Telegraph today too, especially the bit where we have £50m players in every position and the most expensive first 11 in the league. Ignoring the fact that City obviously has a more expensive 11, what's with Liverpool associates obsession with the amount man utd has spent.
What’s the fat twat complaining about already ?
I see Carragher is out there again with how much Utd have spent.

Yes Utd have spent money, but which club in the world can put out half a team which has cost nothing ?

Henderson
Mctomminy
Lingard
Rashford
Greenwood

so feck off Klopp and feck off Carragher and go and have a wank over your 8m Robertson!

Giggsy13

City break the domestic transfer record and are set to break it again with Kane, yet he's concerned about our deals? Sounds like a bit of envy, as Sancho and Varane would be the perfect signings for the dippers.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
City break the domestic transfer record and are set to break it again with Kane, yet he's concerned about our deals? Prick.
He was asked about title contenders spending big during the ongoing pandemic. He mentioned all top four sides, but for Chelsea and City obviously everybody knows they can spend whenever, pandemic or not (he added PSG, too). Then he added that for United he doesn’t know (how would he have insight on Uniteds finances). Not that controversial, actually.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Looks like Jurgen wasn't around football when United had whole era of genius management combined with expanding the franchise into global elite sport institution.