Position: Defender - Left-Back
Foot: left
Player Agent: Media Base Sports
Current club:
Real Betis Balompié
Contract until: 30.06.2023​

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Find it hard to believe we'd throw that kind of money towards the left back position. Tbh it'd be madness.

Sanche7

Who Scored says his crossing is weak. If that's true, then I don't think we should be really after this guy.

steakpie

To be honest, I would be happy to replace Shaw. He's quite average.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Find it hard to believe we'd throw that kind of money towards the left back position. Tbh it'd be madness.
30 million Euros is good in today’s market.
We need an upgrade on Shaw. I’m all for it.

Granted left back isn’t high up in priority, but if we find a player who can improve us for this little amount then let’s dance.

Mcking

30 million Euros is good in today’s market.
We need an upgrade on Shaw. I’m all for it.

Granted left back isn’t high up in priority, but if we find a player who can improve us for this little amount then let’s dance.
And you think this lad is an upgrade?

Kag

I’ve never understood the lack of clamour for a left back. Yes, a right back is more of an issue from a first team perspective, but even with that signing we’re still a long term injury away from another season of Young at left back. Unlike right back (Laird, for example), there’s no real fuss about any academy kids either.

A young, attacking left back that can cross a ball would be right towards the top of my list. But what do I know?

Mcking

I’ve never understood the lack of clamour for a left back. Yes, a right back is more of an issue from a first team perspective, but even with that signing we’re still a long term injury away from another season of Young at left back. Unlike right back (Laird, for example), there’s no real fuss about any academy kids either.

A young, attacking left back that can cross a ball would be right towards the top of my list. But what do I know?
Probably because Shaw is good, and Dalot is capable of playing both sides.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
big bum is squad player at best and Young is pretty much useless

Kag

Probably because Shaw is good, and Dalot is capable of playing both sides.
Dalot is. But if our full backs options are to be a NEW right back, Shaw, Dalot and Young, then Ashley Young is still playing plenty of games.

It staggers me how incompetent our last two managers (Mourinho, in particular) have been regarding full back acquisitions.

izec

More interested about the Spurs offer for Lo Celso at 60m. He is a midfielder we should look at if we want more creativity and playmaking in midfield.

flappyjay

It's more like take care of pressing issues first. We can get away with playing Shaw until next season. Can't fix everything in one summer unfortunately

devilish

We really should be signing 11 new players in 11 different positions, right?
Nah we only need to stop overrating players especially those whom you can count their good performances on one hand. Evra and Irwin are United's quality first team full backs. Shaw might beat those in a pie eating contest. This squad deserves to be at 6 place.

Kag

It's more like take care of pressing issues first. We can get away with playing Shaw until next season. Can't fix everything in one summer unfortunately
I agree. It just fecks me off to know that if Shaw does his knee, Ashley Young is playing another fifty games next season.

NJM78

United have a serious boner for the left side of the pitch. Right side is just like "meh, whatever".

devilish

That's true unfortunately. Its a shame that's so much deadwood had been kept for so long which degenerated into this mess

AJ10

I agree. It just fecks me off to know that if Shaw does his knee, Ashley Young is playing another fifty games next season.
Same applies to our potential new RB then young gets to start every game at RB.

Only fair solution IMO is Jones Injuring young first.

Mcking

Nah we only need to stop overrating players especially those whom you can count their good performances on one hand. Evra and Irwin are United's quality first team full backs. Shaw might beat those in a pie eating contest. This squad deserves to be at 6 place.
Never seen anyone say that Shaw is better than Evra. 'United quality' is kind of vague too.

Mcking

Dalot is. But if our full backs options are to be a NEW right back, Shaw, Dalot and Young, then Ashley Young is still playing plenty of games.

It staggers me how incompetent our last two managers (Mourinho, in particular) have been regarding full back acquisitions.
That will depend on the amount of injuries. If Young will be fourth choice, then he won't be in the team unless two of the first three FBs get injured.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Before Zidane and his interest in Mendy he was one of the favorites for the left back.
Recently he said that his father was excited about Madrid chance.
He had several injuries this season and his name disappeared, although the price is great.

Mcking

Before Zidane and his interest in Mendy he was one of the favorites for the left back.
Recently he said that his father was excited about Madrid chance.
He had several injuries this season and his name disappeared, although the price is great.
What about Reguilón?

Infra-red

Plays as a left wingback for Betis.

I seem to recall him being heavily linked to City & Real Madrid in the January window. Has a €50m release clause. His agent is Pep Guardiola's brother.

devilish

Never seen anyone say that Shaw is better than Evra. 'United quality' is kind of vague too.
Evra and Irwin are the benchmark of a United's first team fullback. If the guy has a monstrous attitude then someone like Gaz would make it as well. Shaw is nowhere near to those players. Thus he's other a squad player or he's not good enough to be with United.

gajender

Evra and Irwin are the benchmark of a United's first team fullback. If the guy has a monstrous attitude then someone like Gaz would make it as well. Shaw is nowhere near to those players. Thus he's other a squad player or he's not good enough to be with United.
I am confused devilish so Shaw is not good enough for United because he doesn't compare well with United legends but you are in favour of buying Wan-Bissaka who is simply a poor footballer in the other thread strange.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What about Reguilón?
Since Zidane has arrived he has barely played, perhaps unfairly.
He has a short contract and although he has said that he wants to fight for a place,I think he will go on loan.