Jürgen Klopp Sack Watch

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
9 points in the Premier League in 9 games, that is 9 points from the last 27, that is relegation form. Too soon for this thread?

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
They‘d be dumb to sack him. He’s the best thing that has happened to them.

Castia

They could drop to mid table he isn’t ever getting sacked. Only way he leaves Liverpool is when he decides to resign .

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
They‘d be dumb to sack him. He’s the best thing that has happened to them.
True but how long can the injury excuse and the excuse of players looking knackered last before he has to start being blamed? He has looked bereft of ideas since the turn of the year.

cyberman

Cant see this changing with the mad end of season, Euros and then a mad season with a WC in the middle.
Where do they get their break?

Chairman Steve

No chance they’re sacking him unless they really nosedive. They hit the jackpot when they chucked Rodgers for him.

Although I cant see him staying beyond the end of next season. He‘ll take a small sabbatical then move onto the next job like he did with Dortmund.

Flexdegea

If this had any ambition they sack him now, the rot set in

Giggs86

It would never get to that. The prick is too arrogant to get sacked. When push comes to shove he will resign before they sack him.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Now's the time for Liverpool to make a change; he's taken them as far as he can, etc.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
True but how long can the injury excuse and the excuse of players looking knackered last before he has to start being blamed? He has looked bereft of ideas since the turn of the year.
Not saying he shouldn't be question, but he deserve a little time to try to make things good again, injuries to keep players and new signing haven't helped him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Cant see this changing with the mad end of season, Euros and then a mad season with a WC in the middle.
Where do they get their break?
Especially when next season VVD and Gomez will have just came back from a year out from serious injuries. The spine of their squad are reaching the age where players start to decline. Milner is 34, Henderson is 30, Matip is 30, Thiago is 29, Firmino is 29, Mane and Salah are 29 in April and June respectively, Shaqiri is 29, Alisson is 28 (but GK's play at the top level for longer to be fair).

Their best players are going to start declining soon and how do they afford to replace all of them with similar levels of quality?

Jonno

There’s a reasonable chance they drop points vs Leicester and/or Everton. They could be 6th soon if they don’t get their act together.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If they start winning games now, I will found you!
They won’t. Sack watch threads always end up with the sack. They’re the Caf equivalent of a chairman on Football Manager saying the Manager has full support of the board.

It’s over, the death spiral has begun.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They could go for West ham's coach, they've been impressive this season.

Allthough, they would have to manage those spells where he suddenly goes of in search of the ring of course.

Oranges038

9 points from 27 is poor form alright, but this is Jurgen's annual breakdown, usually comes around January but this season it's lingered on into February

Edited: They are 10 points off first (could be 13 if City win the game in hand). Not going to bridge that gap but second is still within reach.

Still in the champions league.

As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think so.

Last edited:

Jonno

9 points from 27 is poor form alright, but this is Jurgen's annual breakdown, usually comes around January but this season it's lingered on into February

They are 7 points off first (could be ten if City win the game in hand). Not going to bridge that gap but second is still within reach.

Still in the champions league.

As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think so.
10 off top, potentially 13 with the game in hand.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A few people are missing the point of a sack thread.
It's not set up the day someone is sacked, it's when the first shows of rot kicking in are present.

And they're definitely there now.

Cloud7

There's not another manager around on his level besides the one over at City. Sack Klopp and they go back to being top 4 contenders like the rest of us and Pep reigns unopposed in England. I doubt they would be stupid enough to do that. I really hope they are though.

BlueHaze

I honestly think his time in Liverpool is over and it is very similar to what happened at Dortmund. He came there went a couple season without really doing anything then came two seasons of incredible success for Dortmund playing the most attractive attacking high pressing football I've ever seen them play thrashing Bayern in the German cup final winning the league 2 years in a row and also going to the CL final.

Then things started to go real sour and whats happening at Liverpool now at least what I think is a repeat of what happened at BvB. He came to Liverpool didn't really do much for a few years then had 2 years of amazing success (CL, league following season) and now they are starting to wear off. The thing is his style of play and the immense physical efforts required to keep going year after year takes it's toll.

I think he's that type of manager to stay for maybe 4-5 years and during that time you are guaranteed a run of greatness but in the longer run it won't last. Maybe I will be wrong in the end but I think his chapter at Liverpool is over.

Longshanks

Didnt his Dortmund side fall to pieces after a couple of very strong seasons? Just history repeating itself, maybe the rumours of him using special doctors/inhalers are true and this is what happens when they are not using them, because there is nothing like the intensity in there play this season.

Either that or he just runs his teams into the ground so much that eventually they just fall apart.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Same decadence he experienced at Dortmund.

I'm truly curious if we will attempt a rebuild. I mean, the board would never sack him (unless stuck in the relegation zone, which happened to him with Dortmund), but I'm not sure they have the money. I don't even know when his contract ends, but Klopp could finish Top3-6 every season unless 5-6 key new players are bought.

Good news.

Irrational.

Liverpool wouldn't sack Klopp if he parked a steaming turd on the hallowed turf of the Anfield centre circle in the middle of a rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone being screeched by 50 thousand Scousers.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No chance they’re sacking him unless they really nosedive. They hit the jackpot when they chucked Rodgers for him.

Although I cant see him staying beyond the end of next season. He‘ll take a small sabbatical then move onto the next job like he did with Dortmund.
I really hope you’re right. I think we are stuck with him for a long time yet

Chairman Steve

I really hope you’re right. I think we are stuck with him for a long time yet
Hes previously said he’s not going to be a Sir Alex Ferguson and stay at one club forever, because he wants to experience new environments and doesn’t want to be tied down somewhere forever. His principle seems to be that he’ll stay somewhere longer than the average manager does for about 3 years and then will move on.

Its really like the modern way of working now. Staying in one company is a daunting prospect for a lot of younger people when you can move onto new pastures, refresh yourself and experience something new. The days of Sir Alex, Wenger and Clough staying somewhere for 20 years are long gone, just like how it was norm back then that people stayed in that one job for most of their life.

GoldanoGraham

Klopp will walk by end of next season.....he’s done well but you can see by his demeanour and behaviour that he ain’t up for the fight anymore