Jürgen Klopp Sack Watch

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I wonder if he fancies national team management?

Loew has been bobbins for a while and Klopp might be the right man to take the next generation of Germans to glory.

marktan

Whether or not this season his time is done, Salah and Mane will miss an important chunk of next season through Afcon so they won't be winning the league, the season after that most of their top players will be 30+ and slowing down, and Klopp will be coming near to the end of his contract.

They had a good run, 2019-2019.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
feck sake. I'm going to have to campaign that much harder to keep him in the job now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bloody windy today to be fair.

I have it on good authority, that due to Covid that groundsman wasn’t able to cut the grass yesterday, and so it was too long today.

Falcow

Whether or not this season his time is done, Salah and Mane will miss an important chunk of next season through Afcon so they won't be winning the league, the season after that most of their top players will be 30+ and slowing down, and Klopp will be coming near to the end of his contract.

They had a good run, 2019-2019.
Hard to see past City again next season. They will strengthen again in the summer and Pep finally seems to have sorted out the defence (it only took him about 500m!).

They weren't getting near to city this season either injury to VVD or not.

el3mel

Wonder what will happen if he finishes 6th or below and trophyless. It really seems like their season is completely dependent on CL now.

cyberman

I think hell walk after they crash out of CL.
No CL next year and top players wanting to leave because of it added to having no transfer budget because of it will see him walk.
The mentality is gone from that side, this same group cant get it back

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I think hell walk after they crash out of CL.
No CL next year and top players wanting to leave because of it added to having no transfer budget because of it will see him walk.
The mentality is gone from that side, this same group cant get it back
There's probably a lot of truth in this. But if there's one manager that can build a team from ground up then you'd have to choose Klopp. If we have him already then why sack him (or let him walk easily), to sign him back?

Good points above on Mane's and Salah's unavailability next season. That's a kick in the bollocks. Lots of planning needed.

MoskvaRed

I’m starting to think he’ll leave at the end of the season. Still a great spell at Liverpool even if he does have a 5 year shelf life.

Pablo76

He was always leaving after this season anyway, 7 year itch yet again after the same at Mainz and at Dortmund.

What an absolute low to finish on though after such potential, just a jammy league win that nobody will remember.

Real Madrid next I’d imagine, won’t last 7 years there I know!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He was always leaving after this season anyway, 7 year itch yet again after the same at Mainz and at Dortmund.

What an absolute low to finish on though after such potential, just a jammy league win that nobody will remember.

He has a big ego! He won’t want to be humbled at a place like Madrid and he won’t want to placate players on high salaries that won’t want to run their socks off.

He wants an underdog that will fully embrace him and idolize him.

I could see something like Atlético if Simeone leaves or whichever Milan drops down or has a fallout first.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I still rate him over pep, clearly the team has peaked and he needs to rebuild.

He won't though

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Did everyone ingest lead suddenly causing memory loss

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Have a feeling he'll resign. He surely must be feeling that the time for this side is done, and that he may have to build another side to win PL/CL.

Salah, Mane wouldn't be available for a month in the next season due to AFCON, VVD will most likely not be the same player, and the core of the side is inching towards 30 years of age, and they'd need to start the rebuild soon.

Considering he had initially indicated that he might want to leave after 2022, there is a good chance that he'll push the plan up by an year and resign to keep his Anfield legacy intact

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Will take that sabbatical end of the season? Chances of being sacked are pretty much zero you'd think, got 40 points, not going down.

Had a good run, guess this is the yang part of the cycle.

OleBoiii

What an absolutely terrible title defense this is. They may genuinely have to win the CL in order to not miss out on the tournament next year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hard to see past City again next season. They will strengthen again in the summer and Pep finally seems to have sorted out the defence (it only took him about 500m!).

They weren't getting near to city this season either injury to VVD or not.
Easy to say now mate!

Most people thought it'd be a Liverpool cruise this season.

And City were miles off the pace for the first few months

Drainy

His job is not under threat. As funny as it is, you cannot account for their injury record at centre back this season and so the club will stick by him.

(yes, I do remember that we had similar spells with SAF in charge having multiple midfielders at centre back and we coped a lot better, but realistically the club will write it off, I think)

Judas

Open to offers
There's probably a lot of truth in this. But if there's one manager that can build a team from ground up then you'd have to choose Klopp. If we have him already then why sack him (or let him walk easily), to sign him back?

Good points above on Mane's and Salah's unavailability next season. That's a kick in the bollocks. Lots of planning needed.
Never rebuilt a team before though has he, can't see him doing it at Liverpool to be honest. You don't have the money. Rebuilding a top team in the modern era is so hard, and the whole team looks mentally gone. That's a big big task for any manager. I'd be super impressed if he can turn this around without massive changes throughout that side.

el3mel

Maybe the level of intensity and pressure he plays with takes its toll on players eventually. At BVB too after winning the league 2 seasons in a row his team completely collapsed and had ton of injuries from what I remember. It seems like such high pressure and intensity continuously for 2 years leads up to collapse in fitness and eventually a lot of injuries.

United Hobbit

Not a chance they sack the only manager to win them the league in the last 30 years

I have a nasty feeling their "bad" season will unfortunately be balanced out by winning CL 7, which will be sickening