Jürgen Klopp Sack Watch

cyberman

Arsenal win tomorrow and theyre 3 points behind Liverpool, which is insane

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Not a chance they sack the only manager to win them the league in the last 30 years

I have a nasty feeling their "bad" season will unfortunately be balanced out by winning CL 7, which will be sickening
Leicester did it to a manager who was the only manager to win the top flight in their 132 year history (at the time of winning).

GledTheRed

Flogs the same tram every week for three years solid then whines about injuries.

Giving it large when they are winning and sulking like a baby when they lose.

cnut of the highest order like his diving forwards.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
They were at risk of being relegated though, Klopp hasn't got them in that sort of danger......yet.
It was literally 13 games into the season, granted they were only 1 point above the relegation zone, but they were 14th with some far, far worse teams below them. Deserved far more respect and definitely deserved more time to turn things around. Shocking really, but Liverpool have big ambitions and need to seriously look at the problem with the team, injuries or not they still had most of their key players fit in this abysmal run.

Falcow

Never rebuilt a team before though has he, can't see him doing it at Liverpool to be honest. You don't have the money. Rebuilding a top team in the modern era is so hard, and the whole team looks mentally gone. That's a big big task for any manager. I'd be super impressed if he can turn this around without massive changes throughout that side.
Is there any difference between building a side and rebuilding a side? Honestly, how does each differ? We are seeing Pep do it now at City......Kompany, Silva, Sane gone and Aguero non entity these days.

I think if a manager can put a team together at a club, there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to replace the players though I suppose Klopp would be doing well to find another Salah or even Van Dyke.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Is there any difference between building a side and rebuilding a side? Honestly, how does each differ? We are seeing Pep do it now at City......Kompany, Silva, Sane gone and Aguero non entity these days.

I think if a manager can put a team together at a club, there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to replace the players though I suppose Klopp would be doing well to find another Salah or even Van Dyke.
A number of those players were already at Liverpool and the squad he did build took years to do. When you are expected to get results, people are far less patient with you and pressure builds up.

Secondly, once you’ve been successful, the general belief is that you have money so getting players like Mane and Salah for as little as they did drops off and you get taxed according to your status.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Flogs the same tram every week for three years solid then whines about injuries.

Giving it large when they are winning and sulking like a baby when they lose.

cnut of the highest order like his diving forwards.
Absolutely this.

Tarrou

if I had to bet I'd say him walking is much more likely

they are nothing without him

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Liverpools performances are not acceptable, even with injuries to their main CBs.

But, dont you guys think when they get their main CBs back, and eventually, their audience back(at Anfield), things will turn around, and they will turn back into a top 2 side with Klopp?

This season wont go well, but i feel like Klopp has done so well with them that the club can live with a bad season.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Chief123

Never have I ever seen a team use their best centre back getting injured as the reason why they can’t score goals anymore. All they keep telling us is that the defence is affecting their forwards ability to score.

They conveniently want to ignore the fact Firmino, Thiago, Mane and co have just been shite. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Whether or not this season his time is done, Salah and Mane will miss an important chunk of next season through Afcon so they won't be winning the league, the season after that most of their top players will be 30+ and slowing down, and Klopp will be coming near to the end of his contract.

They had a good run, 2019-2019.
:lol:

Dansk

It's increasingly looking like it's true that the football that Klopp can make a team play for a handful of years comes at the cost a complete collapse afterwards because it's all predicated on a foundation of pushing players harder than they can handle in the long term. It's starting to be a very big asterisk on his credentials, and if it happens a third time after he leaves Liverpool, I'll have a hard time considering him a truly great manager. If your main method of success is motivating players to burn themselves out for you, you're kind of a fraud. After decades without success, what Liverpool needed was to build up a sustainable future, not cash in for two trophies followed by an immediate need to rebuild again. Not that one would disagree with their appointment of Klopp in the first place, but in hindsight it may not have been the best thing for them. Having seen the same thing happen at two clubs now, I actually wouldn't take him at United.

klayton88

I don't want him to get sacked. I want him to walk. It would hurt them so much more if he just said 'feck it I'm off'. The sense of abandonment would be great, rather than the board making the decsion.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It's increasingly looking like it's true that the football that Klopp can make a team play for a handful of years comes at the cost a complete collapse afterwards because it's all predicated on a foundation of pushing players harder than they can handle in the long term. It's starting to be a very big asterisk on his credentials, and if it happens a third time after he leaves Liverpool, I'll have a hard time considering him a truly great manager. If your main method of success is motivating players to burn themselves out for you, you're kind of a fraud. After decades without success, what Liverpool needed was to build up a sustainable future, not cash in for two trophies followed by an immediate need to rebuild again. Not that one would disagree with their appointment of Klopp in the first place, but in hindsight it may not have been the best thing for them. Having seen the same thing happen at two clubs now, I actually wouldn't take him at United.
Wtf is this nonsense?

Tarrou

Liverpools performances are not acceptable, even with injuries to their main CBs.

But, dont you guys think when they get their main CBs back, and eventually, their audience back(at Anfield), things will turn around, and they will turn back into a top 2 side with Klopp?

This season wont go well, but i feel like Klopp has done so well with them that the club can live with a bad season.
Yeah quite possibly. Not too many managers turn things around after a slump like this though, and Klopp is yet to prove he can do that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He won't get sacked and I have a feeling this is just a blip, but I'm definitely loving every minute of it.

Mindhunter

Not sure what you are on about. Any team will eventually collapse i.e., will be unable to sustain their level of performance if you don't bring in new faces, competition for places, and challenge your existing players. After winning a title they have been chasing for 30 years, it is natural for players to lose some of their killer instinct. It feels too good to be true, that you have reached the promised land.

The only way to be consistently successful is to freshen up the squad, bring fresh ideas and new tactics, and keep evolving. Philosophies will come and go. What's successful and in fashion today will suddenly go out of fashion tomorrow.

Red00012

Never have I ever seen a team use their best centre back getting injured as the reason why they can’t score goals anymore. All they keep telling us is that the defence is affecting their forwards ability to score.

They conveniently want to ignore the fact Firmino, Thiago, Mane and co have just been shite. :lol:
Nail on head

they were 1-0 down when Henderson got injured but they’ll blame that as the reason they lost :lol:

ti vu

After having a go at the undefeated home record, now they're trying to break consecutive home defeat record, eh? With that ambition, I don't see Klopp getting sacked.

Dr Foo

There aren't many 'frauds' who can do what he has done for 3 seasons. Their success has certainly more to do than just running themselves to the ground. The character of the team, playing style and quite significantly identifying the right signings at cheap prices is a feat. At least wait for next season before writing them off for good - when their injured defence comes back and if they integrate new signings. He also must be doing something right if players are able to go full pelt every game for him. It may not be sustainable, but every team needs refreshing after 3 years anyways. Even if they really start to fade away, it is still a platform for them to build upon after years in the doldrums.

There are many United fans who would have taken him as our manager, antics aside. An EPL and champions League, followed by a 'rebuild'? Sure why not - we had to tear the team apart following LVG, Mourinho's tenures anyway. Not many long dynasties in modern football these days

Alek M

Da manic one
Last week the USA broadcasters were making fun of him that he has become a sore loser. I didn't hear the commentary today

FahadiHossein

I personally think he shouldn't have let go Minamino when Jota is injured. The team needs a new dimension in attack because Firmino and Mane have been shit, and they were still doing okay because Jota brought that even when the defenders were getting injured.

Judas

Open to offers
Just how many drugs were you on when you made this post? Aye no thanks after the years we've had since Fergie, in retrospect I'm glad we didn't bring in a manager who proved he could win the CL and PL with some absolute shite.