Jürgen Klopp Sack Watch

Just how many drugs were you on when you made this post? Aye no thanks after the years we've had since Fergie, in retrospect I'm glad we didn't bring in a manager who proved he could win the CL and PL with some absolute shite.
also if you look at it from Liverpool’s perspective (I know it’s horrible) - they are more than happy with Klopp and what he’s done. so what if it doesn’t last. I’m very happy with their implosion this season, and take great pleasure watching it - but let’s not rewrite history and say “Klopp wasn’t good for Liverpool”

Teams don’t dominate for 5-10 years these days (in the PL). The competition is far greater now.

Guy Incognito

Hard to see past City again next season. They will strengthen again in the summer and Pep finally seems to have sorted out the defence (it only took him about 500m!).

They weren't getting near to city this season either injury to VVD or not.
There was a period between October and December when Jota was scoring goals for fun and despite the 'injuries' they were grinding out results like champions do.

It's early to write Klopp off but I think he has done a better job than Pep at City (who lets face it was moaning last season when things didn't go his way).

Zen86

There’s not a hope Liverpool will sack him, Klopp’s got a bye after the last few years. They’ll be better again next season, but their purple patch is over and I don’t think they’ll be winning the league again anytime soon.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You can already see Stevie G polishing his resume. If Klopp continues skidding, there’s going to be a media blitz that won’t stop until Stevie ends up as Liverpool manager and the jock worship will be worse than Lampard at Chelsea.

It’s disappointing we don’t see more meltdowns from him.

He seems accepting that things are dropping off.

looks like he’s lost his passion

fergieisold

There was a period between October and December when Jota was scoring goals for fun and despite the 'injuries' they were grinding out results like champions do.

It's early to write Klopp off but I think he has done a better job than Pep at City (who lets face it was moaning last season when things didn't go his way).
Yeh, there's no way pep could do what Klopp has done at Liverpool on the same budget. Guardiola is a great coach, but he's still a cheque book manager.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeh, there's no way pep could do what Klopp has done at Liverpool on the same budget. Guardiola is a great coach, but he's still a cheque book manager.
Look at the prices Liverpool have paid across their lineup. Not exactly Burnley is it.
Incredible fortune to get so mad a fee for Coutinho and very good fortune or scouting to get three of their main back four for 8m combined. Otherwise they'd have had to boot big money there too.

Falcow

A number of those players were already at Liverpool and the squad he did build took years to do. When you are expected to get results, people are far less patient with you and pressure builds up.

Secondly, once you’ve been successful, the general belief is that you have money so getting players like Mane and Salah for as little as they did drops off and you get taxed according to your status.
Fair points. I think Jota is a good example though if how he might be able to carry on but I do agree that they will find it harder to land the next Salah for small money.

I guess the other point is salaries, those players may have been happy to come in on less that they would earn at United, PSG or Real but I doubt they will be happy with that after being successful.

iKnowNothing

Klopp is not getting sacked for a bad season and this season isn’t even over yet.
I don’t think he will stay on for a long time and build multiple teams like SAF.

The best that can happen from a rival supporter point of view is he might leave the squad in a poorer state than what he inherited. Something where the core has been aging with no suitable replacements brought in or high wage replacements who just aren’t good enough, poor scouting system and wrong choices for the U21 set up.

90 + 5min

Not that I don't think Klopp is a very good manager. He cleraly is. But 6 years and one PL title dosen't suggest that he was dominating in England. He had 2 abnormal great seasons and the other ones was top 4 material. He has been good to Liverpool. I would say very good. He gave them their first league title in 30 years. But we have to keep the celebrations down because trophies are what counts in the end. After 6 years, for a manager to be called one of the greatest by some question is, would he even been ranked higher then Benitez if that Premier League weren't won? Ranieri won it with Leicester in their abnormal season.

Champions League 18/19, Premier League 19/20, UEFA Supercup 2019, FIFA Word Cup 2019

Sack? There is no way. There would be angry, angry supporters because he did gave them Premier League titel. But, if he as a captian of the ship can't steer boat from this collapse voices will be higher for changing managers. Right now? Not even a chance. He will be there next year, he will have his CB ready. And while I do think that effects them opposition have found out how Liveprool play. You just need to go back to games before VanDijk played before injuries.

Flexdegea

Obviously Klopp a God to the scouse..........but anyone else be serious questions being asked they have fell off a cliff.

Smashing records now like Moyes did at United. Spin it anyway but the excuses he has made has defo had a bad impact on the team. Wasn't long ago they were top with the injuries.........now I'm hearing it's because Hendo not playing........forget about van dik excuse even when he was playing when Villa stuck 7 against them.

For where they were at one stage, easily worse title defence in my eyes.........them and Chelsea that time but at moment could maybe better Chelsea but time will tell.

Flexdegea

Not a chance they sack the only manager to win them the league in the last 30 years

I have a nasty feeling their "bad" season will unfortunately be balanced out by winning CL 7, which will be sickening

Ain't happening have you not watched them :lol:

Crustanoid

I’d like him to stay a long time, years and years. But maintain their current form, with the fans campaigning to keep him (in that weird idolising God manner they reserved for Rafa) leaving him getting a 10 year contract.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
He'll be fine. Liverpool's top brass know they're on an off cycle before they start their supplements again next season.

cyberman

He'll walk. His brand of football cant work in this climate and the schedule gets even worse next season never mind losing Salah etc to internationals mid season.

tomaldinho1

I still think they'll get top four, even if they don't they won't sack him. They're more likely to build a 15ft bronze statue of him or rename a stand at Anfield after him than let him leave.

Hulksmash

Sack Klopp and give it to Gerrard. He will lead them into Glory :D

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think he will walk long before he’s sacked. He’s got Mourinho syndrome. Great laugh when all us going well, doom and gloom which spreads to the team when things aren’t going well

The real Liverpool fans (not idiots on Rawk or Twitter), love him, and rightly so.

the club is not sacking him.

As others suggested, I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves of his own accord, he may feel he doesn’t want the undertake rebuild, and it’s a good time to try elsewhere.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think he will walk long before he’s sacked. He’s got Mourinho syndrome. Great laugh when all us going well, doom and gloom which spreads to the team when things aren’t going well
Don't think they can sack him as long as he's popular with the fans. The board will be under immense pressure especially if their next appointment isn't a success.

Either he'll walk away with his staff (can't walk alone obviously) or the board will pressure him to resign like what happened to Wenger at Arsenal allegedly.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The real Liverpool fans (not idiots on Rawk or Twitter), love him, and rightly so.

the club is not sacking him.

As others suggested, I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves of his own accord, he may feel he doesn’t want the undertake rebuild, and it’s a good time to try elsewhere.
Where could you see him next? Only club I could see him at is Dortmund again, but they've sorted their next manager right?

Maybe a stint at Germany, but I think he'd hate the gaps in playing time.

Where could you see him next? Only club I could see him at is Dortmund again, but they've sorted their next manager right?

Maybe a stint at Germany, but I think he'd hate the gaps in playing time.
he will have the choice of any club he wants.

i could deffo see him taking a year out. This season will have been draining on a professional and personal level.

recharge and pick any job in football.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I reckon he walks at the end of the season. Achieved a lot, won't have the battle in him to rebuild. Will take time off.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
he will have the choice of any club he wants.

i could deffo see him taking a year out. This season will have been draining on a professional and personal level.

recharge and pick any job in football.
He'll def be offered any job out there, I just don't think he's the type to go to "any" big club.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I reckon he walks at the end of the season. Achieved a lot, won't have the battle in him to rebuild. Will take time off.
Then why would he have agreed to extend his previous contract until 2024? His whole forward line and midfield would be will into the 30s by then, he already knew that some kind of rebuild of his current team was necessary.

Don't think he'd want to leave another club on a low like he did at Dortmund.

jackal&hyde

I've said it a long time ago that he doesn't create squads he creates first 11s. When those have issues things fall apart. It happened at Dortmund and it's happening now.

It makes managers like Sir Alex all the more amazing how he was able to keep the standards high even with mediocre players in the first 11.

Klopp should consider himself very lucky that for 2 years he had almost no major injuries to key players and was able to build his success on that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's never been part of any rebuild. If I was a Liverpool fan, I would want to see the lay of the land at the start of next season. If they start the new season in the way this one has flat-lined, I'd start to believe the Klopp era is over. Until then, it's a crap season with, admittedly, some mitigating circumstances, and he has an ocean of credit in the bank.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Like many have said he's loved by the fans and he's done enough to be backed, so I hope they stick with him despite the meltdown. Then, at about this time next season, when the meltdown persists and they are languishing in (lower) midtable, they announce they'll be parting with him at the end of the season.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
There’s not a hope Liverpool will sack him, Klopp’s got a bye after the last few years. They’ll be better again next season, but their purple patch is over and I don’t think they’ll be winning the league again anytime soon.
But the fall would be even greater!

kidbob

Honest question: would Dortmund be better right now if they hadn't of got rid? I think they would. The one thing we gave Fergie was time. He wasn't always successful, but didn't have quite the bad season after he started to have success. I think its wrong to assume he can't rebuild. They are one season out of 3 great years and we have a thread talking about his sacking, Imagine our years after Fergie if we had got rid after the Djemba-Djemba years?

Anyway I hope they sack him so they fall further and we can make a run for him. The best coach of the modern era and didn't need to spend 200m on full backs to achieve it.

Steve Bruce

Honest question: would Dortmund be better right now if they hadn't of got rid? I think they would. The one thing we gave Fergie was time. He wasn't always successful, but didn't have quite the bad season after he started to have success. I think its wrong to assume he can't rebuild. They are one season out of 3 great years and we have a thread talking about his sacking, Imagine our years after Fergie if we had got rid after the Djemba-Djemba years?

Anyway I hope they sack him so they fall further and we can make a run for him. The best coach of the modern era and didn't need to spend 200m on full backs to achieve it.
Comparing Sir Alex is comparing apples with oranges.

Ferguson had what 7 or more premier leagues & a treble included plus a cup winners cup & multiple fa cups by the time Djemba Djemba had arrived.

Klopp has 1 premier league & 1 champions league & a few minor cups with branding that far exceeds their worth.

Ferguson also had a track record of building & rebuilding his team. Something klopp hasn't got as yet.

You really can't compare the two imo