Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

arnie_ni

Oh, okay. Because it got to the players, I take it. That’s silly, especially considering we played a great game that we really should have won.
Yea thats what he said, clearly ignoring that if it affected any players it would be the ones that actually lived in madrid, the team he was playing.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I mean i get most of you don't like Klopp as he's associated with Liverpool...but Atletico play like Old school Mourinho Jammy boy's playing anti football. I have no problems calling out shit sides like that tbh. Did it with Chelsea, did it with stoke, did it with us and mourinho, did it with atletico. Borefest anti football
What's this so called anti football?. Its a game of tactics and some luck and Atletico got it tactically spot on with some help from a terrible goalkeeper. I hate it when fans say anti football simply because they got bested.

What's this so called anti football?. Its a game of tactics and some luck and Atletico got it tactically spot on with some help from a terrible goalkeeper. I hate it when fans say anti football simply because they got bested.
anti football is what the opposition play when the mean men don’t let you play exactly how you want them to play, and they they go and beat you.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The worst one yet.

Klopp: "When we knew about the effect of coronavirus in Madrid, and that they were closing schools and universities, it affected us mentally when we were training for the return leg against Atletico"
Respect fam.

Redcy

anti football is what the opposition play when the mean men don’t let you play exactly how you want them to play, and they they go and beat you.

Reminds me of Wenger, all I hear when I hear this is "They didn't let us play the way we wanted to play waahaahhhhahah". feck off and adjust, if they are playing like that then you better find a way around it. At SAFs best his tactic was to have an enormously fit side, and keep going for 95 minutes, we won a lot of games late on not because of Fergie time, but because we piled huge amounts of pressure on psychologically and physically teams could not keep up.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Oh, okay. Because it got to the players, I take it. That’s silly, especially considering we played a great game that we really should have won.
Yes, true, but Klopp and team did not think about Madrid and Spain for the first 90 minutes of the game. Only started thinking about it at the start of the extra time..

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yep, my point was that Klopp and Ferguson are identical in all aspects and successes.
SAF didn't manage Poo Chumpions and most importantly, He didn't use pandemic as an excuse for his team losing. So both aren't identical, at all.

Look at your club, first it supported a racist (Suarez) with your manager behind it, even going as far as wearing a custom made t-shirt specifically tailored to support the racist.
And now your current manager is blaming COVID-19 for his team's Champions League exit.

What message did They send? They're whiners, not winners. Klopp might win a few titles but He will forever be known as a classless human being. Just like your king (and the fact that He's still considered a king after supporting a racist is another joke in itself).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I wish our anti football under LVG and Mou resulted in 4 goals being scored. We were lucky to score more than once in those regimes!!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's a winner, so of course it's not tiring.

Ferguson made his share of petulant comments and lame excuses (those kits for instance) but he won so you overlook it.
Fergie's unrivaled record as a manager qualifies those comments as genuine reasons rather than "lame excuses".

Everything Klopp says is shite however.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
The only thing that Klopp and Sir Alex have in common is wanting to play entertaining football. The big difference is that while Sir Alex was tactically flexible and realised that there are multiple ways to approach a team and that sometimes you have to be more cautious when it comes to opposition, Klopp knows no other way and absolutely hates when another team employs a more defensive strategy that doesn't allow his team the space to do what they usually do. That shows a huge amount of inflexibility on his part and if other teams figure him out next season, he's screwed.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The only thing that Klopp and Sir Alex have in common is wanting to play entertaining football. The big difference is that while Sir Alex was tactically flexible and realised that there are multiple ways to approach a team and that sometimes you have to be more cautious when it comes to opposition, Klopp knows no other way and absolutely hates when another team employs a more defensive strategy that doesn't allow his team the space to do what they usually do. That shows a huge amount of inflexibility on his part and if other teams figure him out next season, he's screwed.
That's absolute nonsense and clearly coming from someone who hasn't watched Klopp from his career in Germany to today.

This Liverpool team is no where near as all of aggressive as Klopp Dortmund were from 2011 onwards, or even Liverpool from Klopp's earlier days. This Liverpool are more defensive especially from the center where playing Gini, Hendo and Fabinho is more defensive than at Dortmund where he played with one pure attacking midfielder (Kagawa, Gotze, Mhiki). Their weakness then, especially in later seasons, would be getting caught on the counter with Gundogan, Gotze and their wing backs high up. Now at Liverpool there is more protection for the center backs.

If you watch Dortmund during their Champions League run you can distinguish the way they played against weaker teams, where they would play higher, and teams like City/Madrid, where they would play primarily on the counter.

He was on the verge of two 90+ seasons in a row, alongside winning one Champions league and coming in the final the previous season (and that's not including his record at Dortmund). Quite a record for someone who clearly struggles with defensive teams and has no flexibility. It's not as if he's been blessed with the greatest squads ever as well and has always had to make through with underdog teams.

That's absolute nonsense and clearly coming from someone who hasn't watched Klopp from his career in Germany to today.

This Liverpool team is no where near as all of aggressive as Klopp Dortmund were from 2011 onwards, or even Liverpool from Klopp's earlier days. This Liverpool are more defensive especially from the center where playing Gini, Hendo and Fabinho is more defensive than at Dortmund where he played with one pure attacking midfielder (Kagawa, Gotze, Mhiki). Their weakness then, especially in later seasons, would be getting caught on the counter with Gundogan, Gotze and their wing backs high up. Now at Liverpool there is more protection for the center backs.

If you watch Dortmund during their Champions League run you can distinguish the way they played against weaker teams, where they would play higher, and teams like City/Madrid, where they would play primarily on the counter.

He was on the verge of two 90+ seasons in a row, alongside winning one Champions league and coming in the final the previous season (and that's not including his record at Dortmund). Quite a record for someone who clearly struggles with defensive teams and has no flexibility. It's not as if he's been blessed with the greatest squads ever as well and has always had to make through with underdog teams.
underdog teams.

he broke the world record for both goalkeeper and centre back.

defend him, but don’t make stuff up.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Klopp might come out with rubbish quotes but I still rate him as the best manager in the world atm. Any manager would be frustated if they were in Klopps position atm. On course to cruise to their league title in 30 years possibly with recordbreaking points only to have the season cancelled due to a pandemic.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
underdog teams.

Cause he got a outrageous fee for selling their highest rated attacking player. He's spent for sure, but he's still has to balance to books unlike City.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
underdog teams.

When did he have those at Dortmund? And when did he have the keeper when they reached the UCL final?

We also had an overall world record player, still do, and had a striker bought for over 80 mil. Did that suddenly make us favorites against the City team featuring the players they have, for yet prices they bought them for?

Let's not make it as if his Liverpool and Dortmund teams were the favorites for the title and UCL.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
In what world are their success identical ffs?This is mental :lol:
Some of the responses to this :lol: I thought the sarcasm of that was obvious. I won't make that mistake again, noted.

I was giving a Liverpool fans perspective to the suggestion that we're somehow embarrassed by him. Yes Klopp sometimes says silly things (he admits as much) but no sane Liverpool fan gives one because he's been massively successful and turned us into one of the best teams in the world. I used Ferguson as an analogy, obviously he's of a higher level ffs, I was never arguing Klopp's the exact same manager.

Ferguson said some ridiculous stuff, I used to rib my mate about it all the time when we were kids. He rightfully couldn't care less because youse were winning week in week out. I literally couldn't care less about Klopp's silly comments. For as much as I'm led to believe he's some walking embarrassment, it's strange it's only ever rival fans who give you that impression, I never hear about it from neutrals and whenever he's covered in a non-football context it always seems to paint him as a decent down-to-earth fella (who shockingly might say some stupid things as someone who gets asked dozens of questions about all topics on a nearly daily basis).

Not even going to touch the notion that he isn't a 'winner' considering what he's achieved. If you genuinely want to still paint him as an underachiever or as some mediocre manager, be my guest.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Some of the responses to this :lol: I thought the sarcasm of that was obvious. I won't make that mistake again, noted.

I was giving a Liverpool fans perspective to the suggestion that we're somehow embarrassed by him. Yes Klopp sometimes says silly things (he admits as much) but no sane Liverpool fan gives one because he's been massively successful and turned us into one of the best teams in the world. I used Ferguson as an analogy, obviously he's of a higher level ffs, I was never arguing Klopp's the exact same manager.

Ferguson said some ridiculous stuff, I used to rib my mate about it all the time when we were kids. He rightfully couldn't care less because youse were winning week in week out. I literally couldn't care less about Klopp's silly comments. For as much as I'm led to believe he's some walking embarrassment, it's strange it's only ever rival fans who give you that impression, I never hear about it from neutrals and whenever he's covered in a non-football context it always seems to paint him as a decent down-to-earth fella (who shockingly might say some stupid things as someone who gets asked dozens of questions about all topics on a nearly daily basis).

Not even going to touch the notion that he isn't a 'winner' considering what he's achieved. If you genuinely want to still paint him as an underachiever or as some mediocre manager, be my guest.
I see him as a disingenuous, highly volatile, overly dramatic, underachieving, abusive, bottle kicking whiner who painted his formerly yellow teeth bright white and failed to win the league with Liverpool after being 22 points clear.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I see him as a disingenuous, highly volatile, overly dramatic, underachieving, abusive, bottle kicking whiner who painted his formerly yellow teeth bright white and failed to win the league with Liverpool after being 22 points clear.
Underachieving? Sounds like you’re describing Mourinho over the last decade.

mu4c_20le

One major trophy in how many failed cup finals? And he still hasn't won the PL yet. Jose has been done for awhile, I cant even remember the last time he won the league without looking it up.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
One major trophy in how many failed cup finals? And he still hasn't won the PL yet. Jose has been done for awhile, I cant even remember the last time he won the league without looking it up.
4 major actually.

If you want to count the UEFA Super Cup, CWC and German Super Cup then it would be higher.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ferguson said some ridiculous stuff, I used to rib my mate about it all the time when we were kids. He rightfully couldn't care less because youse were winning week in week out. I literally couldn't care less about Klopp's silly comments.
Give a concrete example. I bet none of what Fergie said was as classless as 'taking an advantage' of a pandemic that is affecting hundreds of thousand of people's health worldwide, just so He could feel better about his team not progressing.

For as much as I'm led to believe he's some walking embarrassment, it's strange it's only ever rival fans who give you that impression, I never hear about it from neutrals and whenever he's covered in a non-football context it always seems to paint him as a decent down-to-earth fella (who shockingly might say some stupid things as someone who gets asked dozens of questions about all topics on a nearly daily basis).
Maybe because you don't have any friends who are neutrals. That or you simply don't have any friends. Which is fine, understandable.

I used Ferguson as an analogy, obviously he's of a higher level ffs, I was never arguing Klopp's the exact same manager.
Yep, my point was that Klopp and Ferguson are identical in all aspects and successes.
Poo Chumpions strike again. They can't even understand what They said or why They said it at all.

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The worst one yet.

Klopp: "When we knew about the effect of coronavirus in Madrid, and that they were closing schools and universities, it affected us mentally when we were training for the return leg against Atletico"
That's really low. Media should go to town on him for even implying Covid 19 is an excuse for getting knocked out. But as it's Klopp (or Pep), we know nothing will happen.
I like watching a really well organised defence. It's tough to defend, keep your shape for 90/120 minutes... it's an art. Not as pleasing on the eye as an attacking team obviously but you have to admire good defending AND good attacking... they're two key components of football. Or it'd be rushing upfield all the time and called Basketball

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If Jurgen fails to deliver the title after holding a 22-point lead at the top, even you must agree that renaming him Jurgen Flopp the Bottler will be entirely appropriate.

Can't wait to hear his excuse for this bottle job.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Ah I see, so when Klopp is bested it's anti football but when a team like Bournemouth who can never be bothered to defend get turned over he admires them for playing football. You have to say Jurgen Klopp a true gent of the game :smirk:.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Klopp might come out with rubbish quotes but I still rate him as the best manager in the world atm. Any manager would be frustated if they were in Klopps position atm. On course to cruise to their league title in 30 years possibly with recordbreaking points only to have the season cancelled due to a pandemic.
Oh my my what a tragedy.
We're all crying for Flopp.
Cry cry cry!!

montpelier

I've only seen the highlights of the Atletico game. I thought Atletico were incredibly lucky and defending far too deep to have much chance of claiming they had control of the game in any way. Oblak made a lot of good saves, but I didn't think any defied belief or anything. He was a 9/10 though overall and obvs kept them in the tie.

Adrian however - now I don't think he was quite as bad as they are wanting to say. The kick he mistimes is dreadful and causes him to be very slightly out of position because he is shocked and doesn't recover. Where's the urgent defending though, at a defining moment. The keeping isn't great but I genuinely feel like it isn't a total unforgivable howler - it's a part of wanting to scapegoat him. And like the 2nd though, the ball doesn't go in the net at any speed - that isn't helping him escape the wrath of the Kop at all. The 2nd looks soppier than it is, he just can't get it. Some keepers might, he's a 2nd choice.

And there's a lack of attention for the 2nd, Liverpool are suddenly tired and theyre mentally gone. I don't see this being mentioned. They aren't OUT at 2-1 but they're playing like it.

The game is about putting it in the net at one end and keeping the opposition away from the other goal in the first instance. At all the key points they spent all night fecking up and then collapsed. Blame the GK if you like but they should have won 5-2 with no drama, with me in goal.

Tbf, some fans have said this. LFC, their bellend whiney manager and their adoring media not quite so much.

Anustart89

This is some delusional level of sick thinking.

Also he said to Ancellotti: “He told me that making the game play in those conditions was a criminal act, I think he was right.”

He did know that he could have not played if he thought it was a really big issue?
He could've just stayed at home, not like he doesn't have previous for just skipping a game when it suits him, is it?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If Jurgen fails to deliver the title after holding a 22-point lead at the top, even you must agree that renaming him Jurgen Flopp the Bottler will be entirely appropriate.

Can't wait to hear his excuse for this bottle job.
Fails to deliver a title...because of a worldwide pandemic. Nice try. ;)