Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

vangagal

Hope the water bottle is ok.

Seriously though, Mignolet is a joke. Surely the #2 isn't worse (is he?). If I were a Liverpool supporter I would be disheartened and annoyed that this problem hasn't been addressed.
Karius is almost the same with Mignolet if not the worse. Added to that, Karius is seems more nervous at times more than Mignolet. Their GK need more protection but with high line defence they use, it will just expose their GK more often than not. He need to change the way he set up his defence but he would not because he cant do one.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Arsenal didn't have their way with the defence. They had and scored from 3 shots on target all game, two of which were from huge individual errors.
So you basically ignored what I wrote and created a strawman. I was talking about the period after Liverpool were 2-0 up. When you are 2-0 up you change your tactics, but Liverpool played the same way. Do you think Arsenal are going to give up at their own ground when they've been outplayed for 50 minutes and 2-0 down? They will have a response.

Xhaka was allowed to take the shot (and he is known for having a good shot on him). Ozil was allowed to waltz into the box. Both of these could have been prevented with extra bodies in midfield.

Liverpool were the one that dropped points here, they dominated most of the game and created the better chances. The only problem is that the manager let the game get out of hand; when you know your back line is error prone you crowd the midfield to stop the ball getting to your defenders.

haram

Hope the water bottle is ok.

Seriously though, Mignolet is a joke. Surely the #2 isn't worse (is he?). If I were a Liverpool supporter I would be disheartened and annoyed that this problem hasn't been addressed.
They are both the same level of shite.

montpelier

His touchline behaviour is very Jekyll & Hyde. Maybe he should sit down, calm down & do some actual game assessing & managing.

Larges it up when they're winning, melts down when they're losing

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
So you basically ignored what I wrote and created a strawman. I was talking about the period after Liverpool were 2-0 up. When you are 2-0 up you change your tactics, but Liverpool played the same way. Do you think Arsenal are going to give up at their own ground when they've been outplayed for 50 minutes and 2-0 down? They will have a response.

Xhaka was allowed to take the shot (and he is known for having a good shot on him). Ozil was allowed to waltz into the box. Both of these could have been prevented with extra bodies in midfield.

Liverpool were the one that dropped points here, they dominated most of the game and created the better chances. The only problem is that the manager let the game get out of hand; when you know your back line is error prone you crowd the midfield to stop the ball getting to your defenders.
This a 100%. They did the same against Seville when they drew 3-3.

They will struggle to win things because they are not defending as a unit.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Arsenal didn't have their way with the defence. They had and scored from 3 shots on target all game, two of which were from huge individual errors.

How does today point towards the system being flawed when Arsenal were completely nullified for 90% of the game? How does Gomez leaving his man at the far post and Mignolet making an error say anything about the system?
If Liverpool had 10/11 men behind the ball, they (the liverpool defenders) would not have been in a position to make errors. Ok, their goaly is hopeless, but I would not blame the back four of Liverpool. I would blame Klopp for allowing his front three to stay up the field and not defend.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

No, I just responded to a specific part of your statement.

There was no need to bring a midfielder on at 2-0. There was no suggestion up until that point that Arsenal would score, and the game was under control with the players already on the pitch. If anything, you'd have thought that at 2-0 up LFC could further turn the screw.

I acknowledge that Klopp can be slow to change things, but these dropped points fall at the feet of Gomez and Mignolet. Two unforgivable errors in a game that we largely controlled.

Kostur

海尔的老板

There was no need to bring a midfielder on at 2-0. There was no suggestion up until that point that Arsenal would score, and the game was under control with the players already on the pitch. If anything, you'd have thought that at 2-0 up LFC could further turn the screw.

I acknowledge that Klopp can be slow to change things, but these dropped points fall at the feet of Gomez and Mignolet. Two unforgivable errors in a game that we largely controlled.
At no point in this match was either of the teams 'in control'.

Peanut Butter

His touchline behaviour is very Jekyll & Hyde. Maybe he should sit down, calm down & do some actual game assessing & managing.

Larges it up when they're winning, melts down when they're losing
Spot on.

Klopp is a PE Teacher. A tracksuit manager. He has one plan of action which is shouty.

He's a good coach, mediocre manager.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

I never said to bring on a midfielder at 2-0. I said to change the formation to 4-5-1 and let Arsenal hang themselves. We saw when Klopp actually changed to a 4-5-1 that Arsenal were still massively open at the back.

Being 'in control' at 2-0 up means nothing, the best managers in the world have a different tactical plan when in the lead versus chasing the game. Klopp only changed his tactics when the score was 3-3 (and he only did it with the substitution, as if the players cannot change tactics without a substitution, another thing I don't get about Klopp). He has a clear lack of awareness about the state of the game.

This is a recurring theme with Klopp, he blamed the ref for the Chelsea draw, by saying that he wanted to make a substitution to change to 3-5-2. Why not change to a 3-5-2 with the players on the pitch, and make the substitution when the opportunity arises?

buckooo1978

Klopp gets away with a lot of stuff in the same way Mourinho did when he arrived at Chelsea

it's hard not to like the guy though.... he talks some shit but his positivity is infectious

I'd be interested to know how he'd have done at United as a bigger club with a bigger budget....

pound for pound he's done very well at Liverpool, he'll never win the league but they could win a cup

Ban

So he threw a bottle. I wonder what will FA say about it. THey're really precious about water bottles.

I guess it's passion.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
His team actually looks like a perfect reflection of his behaviour on the touchline.

Threatening, erratic and mostly unstable.

Ban

Klopp gets away with a lot of stuff in the same way Mourinho did when he arrived at Chelsea

it's hard not to like the guy though.... he talks some shit but his positivity is infectious

I'd be interested to know how he'd have done at United as a bigger club with a bigger budget....

pound for pound he's done very well at Liverpool, he'll never win the league but they could win a cup
What positivity?
The fake one?
Also doing well. He said he'll win the league. Not going as planned.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

He basically has no game management. With better tactics, at 2-0, Liverpool could've seen this one through quite easily. Honestly, letting the Arsenal team that was playing this evening come back to 2-2 and actually take the lead after that is really poor, no matter how you paint it and in which measure you want to attribute it solely to 'individual mistakes'.

Djemba-Djemba

Think that's being generous.

cyberman

He has to know Arsenal would push forward, they did the exact same thing with us after the second goal but we coped and killed the game after an hour.
Arsenal are fantastic at home for a reason.
Does he think the flow of a game will never ebb and flow depending on circumstance?
Ridiculous game management

cyberman

An actual quote from tonight...

Defending is a team thing. Today we make individual mistakes and that is not cool. My job is to think about the performance and that was a winning performance. If you want, the draw is our halfway win. We are always a better side when we draw. We have to take the good things and work on the lesser good things.”

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Let down badly by Gomez for the first goal. Lazy, lazy defending but he's not normally a culprit. That gave Arsenal the momentum.
Contrary to popular opinion he's actually been at fault for a number of goals down that right hand side. He's an exceptional talent but he's playing in a demanding system with an utterly terrible GK and back line/DM with no nous.

Ban

Defending is a team thing. Today we make individual mistakes and that is not cool. My job is to think about the performance and that was a winning performance. If you want, the draw is our halfway win. We are always a better side when we draw. We have to take the good things and work on the lesser good things.”
What the actual fcuk?

Is he on something?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The tactical joke was in his substitutions. He bought on a midfielder for an attacker when the score was 3-3, so he wanted to protect the draw??? Why not bring on a midfielder when they are in the lead, or bring on an attacker to push for the win.

It was obvious that the game was way too open for Liverpool, their lead was not being protected. So instead of making a sub to change the game he let Arsenal have their way with the Liverpool defense.
He isn't just average at subs he's downright terrible with them, it's a major weakness. He is more than that though been let down in his sheer insistence on persisting with the utter tripe he was saddled with. Just give Karius a run till the end of the season and get VVD in January.

AshRK

I know klopp defenders will say because he has such a bad defense is the reason they are conceding goals. I do not think that is the whole reason, I feel Klopp is not the smartest in organizing any defense. This is not just with Liverpool , this I also observed when he was managing Dortmund. i specifically remember the second leg against Madrid where they lost 2-0 and could have almost got knocked out. I remember how shit they were at the back, without any tactical discipline. I think he gets over excited with the occasion that he forgets the tactical setup. Conceding 3 goals in a span of 6 minutes especially when you are leading by 2 goals is just not acceptable.

vangagal

I'm seriously impress with his positivity, be it lost or draw, he always took it as a win. Even Jose cant do that. What a lunatic. No doubt his defence looks like that, their manager take it as a winning performance.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
The tactical joke was in his substitutions. He bought on a midfielder for an attacker when the score was 3-3, so he wanted to protect the draw??? Why not bring on a midfielder when they are in the lead, or bring on an attacker to push for the win.

It was obvious that the game was way too open for Liverpool, their lead was not being protected. So instead of making a sub to change the game he let Arsenal have their way with the Liverpool defense.
In all fairness though I don't think it's right to protect a lead at 1 - 0 in the first half. At 2 - 0 it was 3 - 2 before you could fart.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Halfway win? That explains the lack of trophies recently. Can’t believe the Scouse swallow this continuously.

spwd

What the actual fcuk?

Is he on something?
Came in to post exactly this, what a fecking loon :houllier:

Seven Seas Sardines

I think a big issue with their defense is they lack a midfield that can kill off games with possession.
Yeah, they don't have a deep-lying playmaker who can control the tempo of the game. All-action B2B dross like Henderson, Wijnaldum, Can etc. Keita will improve them, but he's in the same mould. Long may they keep Hendo as their captain who shall (almost) always play.

Paul_Scholes18

You got to say Liverpool are a very entertaining team under him. It might not win the most, but I totally understand why neutrals would love Klopp. I like him too even if I want Liverpool to get beaten all the time. Compared to the cnut Pep he seem a fairly nice person as well although very very emotional.

TheReligion

Abusive
Halfway win? That explains the lack of trophies recently. Can’t believe the Scouse swallow this continuously.
Cant believe some of our own fans would seemingly trade Mourinho for Klopp either.

It's laughable when you consider we came to The Emirates and stuffed them 1-3 with 10 men yet some would rather drop points but have a more attacking look.

Suedesi

I genuinely think Klopp is the best manager in the world at making attacking players shine.

Mane was considered a decent player when he joined Liverpool but overpriced at 30m. Salah was considered a decent player too but by no means world class. Under Klopp, Mane looked world class last season and Salah has looked world class this season. Their value has gone up from 30-40m to +100m in one season, and that's not just because of inflation.

Klopp even made Błaszczykowski look great.
Better than Pep?