Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

montpelier

There's maybe a few less Liverpool fans atm. I don't think the ones that are here most of the time are any sort of problem, tbh.

The ones who drop in for a gloat, wind-up can occasionally be annoying. But I find some of that quite entertaining too when it's done well.

And WE do dish it out too (THAT is to be expected I suppose) and that's quite good fun most of the time. But there has to be a bit of give & take surely?**

**not in the event of them actually winning anything serious though, obviously - :nono:

United Hobbit

Having the Liverpool fans on here is great for the forum, plus I don't think anything he said was particularly wrong. If you're gonna target the Liverpool fans on here at least go for the shit ones, Klopper and Robin are both mostly* level-headed.
I also enjoy the fact the forum is opened to rival fans as well it makes for more interesting threads as you get a wider variety of opinions for debate, was a lurker before I joined.

I'm sure if he does get a telling off itll be a small fine which will be pennies to him, like when he ran onto the pitch earlier in the season.

To the Liverpool fans, what would make you start to doubt whether he is the manager you want? When would you start to question him? The ones I know devotedly defend him what would make you stop being Pro Klopp?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I also enjoy the fact the forum is opened to rival fans as well it makes for more interesting threads as you get a wider variety of opinions for debate, was a lurker before I joined.

I'm sure if he does get a telling off itll be a small fine which will be pennies to him, like when he ran onto the pitch earlier in the season.

To the Liverpool fans, what would make you start to doubt whether he is the manager you want? When would you start to question him? The ones I know devotedly defend him what would make you stop being Pro Klopp?
I think if he doesn't win anything by the end of the 2019/20 season I'd probably lean towards us going in a different direction.

I'm a bit hesitant though because this is the best shape we've been in since 2009, and this Liverpool squad is arguably as good if not better than than that side.

We're not coming from a position of winning things regularly so I don't think we should be acting too entitled when it comes to sacking the manager.

El-Manos

If Man Utd don't win the Champions League, is Pogba still the right player for that midfield?
Worst.....analogy..... ever :lol::lol::lol::lol: you must be the only individual in the world who is expecting us to win the champions league this year.

Ye have without doubt one of the best teams in the world at the moment, surely this is a ‘touchy’ subject worth discussing? Your counterpart provided me with good arguments unlike your terrible sarcasm.

How long can a man continue at his job without ultimately delivering the goods, which in this case are trophies?

You might be the nicest guy with the brightest ideas in the office but If you are not hitting your targets, surely it is worth questioning your ability then?

Last edited:

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
The United and Bayern games look even bigger now. Two wins and it could reignite us for the rest of the season.

Worst.....analogy..... ever :lol::lol::lol::lol: you must be the only individual in the world who is expecting us to win the champions league this year.

Ye have without doubt one of the best teams in the world at the moment, surely this is a ‘touchy’ subject worth discussing? Your counterpart provided me with good arguments unlike your terrible sarcasm.

How long can a man continue at his job without ultimately delivering the goods, which in this case are trophies?

You might be the nicest guy with the brightest ideas in the office but If you are not hitting your targets, surely it is worth questioning your ability then?
He's top of the league and has lost one game all season despite being up against one of the best sides the league has seen, which is more than people expected at the beginning of the season. How is he not hitting his targets?

Dave89

How is getting luck off of referee's indefensible? It's up to them to make the right decisions.

Salah's diving isn't justifiable and is on him, but linemen getting offside's wrong and referees not giving penalties is entirely on them.

Liverpool forums are crap. If you don't like us being here don't reply or better yet put us on ignore. You could always hope that we win the league because it'll end up with most of us being banned.
Doesn't like to listen to other Liverpool posters himself, but wonders why we also don't.

Kloppesque

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Doesn't like to listen to other Liverpool posters himself, but wonders why we also don't.

Kloppesque
Weird conclusion to draw from my post. Liverpool forums are mostly dull, biased and poorly moderated.

I suggested people who don’t want to listen to Liverpool fans on here put us on ignore, not that they should listen.

Deleted member 101472

Just seen comments from his presser that fans in Germany are sometimes in the stadium 90 minutes before kick off and it would be nice if Liverpool fans could do that.

MarylandMUFan

Just seen comments from his presser that fans in Germany are sometimes in the stadium 90 minutes before kick off and it would be nice if Liverpool fans could do that.
Do they open up the stadium that early? In the USA, it's usually an hour before game time and they do it so they can sell overpriced food while supporters have nothing to do but eat. Quite smart actually.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Do they open up the stadium that early? In the USA, it's usually an hour before game time and they do it so they can sell overpriced food while supporters have nothing to do but eat. Quite smart actually.
Turnstiles open 90mins before kick off but most stay in the pubs surrounding the stadium for various reasons. You can't always sit with your mates in the ground, you can't drink in view of the pitch, beer is overpriced and food is a bit crap.
Anfield fills up early for massive matches but most of the time it's only full about 5mins before kick off

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You forgot about Mane fouling Son in last minute in the penalty box not called.

Robertson fouling Hughes with score at 0-0 at Watford, no penalty given

Then there was a perfectly onside Barnes goal disallowed against them, these 3 are top of my head. I'm sure they have been more.
That second clip :lol:

Commentator watches the replay with clear contact:

'John Moss got it spot on, no contact'

It's not just the refs, but the media as well. It becomes insufferable when every time you watch a game involving Liverpool the bias is extremely obvious, as if you are watching a club run TV channel.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
That second clip :lol:

Commentator watches the replay with clear contact:

'John Moss got it spot on, no contact'

It's not just the refs, but the media as well. It becomes insufferable when every time you watch a game involving Liverpool the bias is extremely obvious, as if you are watching a club run TV channel.
Surely you don't think the officials are all conspiring to try and make Liverpool champions though? That's RAWK levels of nonsense.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Surely you don't think the officials are all conspiring to try and make Liverpool champions though? That's RAWK levels of nonsense.
No, that's giving officials far too much credit. Incompetence from officials always ends up favouring certain teams and Liverpool are one of those teams this season.

Former refs have said that they take into account the 'story' when officiating a game. They may feel a subconscious pressure to manufacture a title race and Liverpool happen to be the ones this season.

This happened without a doubt during the season Leicester won. Refs bought into the story of a smaller team winning the league, which could either be Spurs or Leicester. Clattenburg admitted as such, he did not want to be the one responsible for Spurs losing the league so he let them kick Chelsea off the park.

MarylandMUFan

Turnstiles open 90mins before kick off but most stay in the pubs surrounding the stadium for various reasons. You can't always sit with your mates in the ground, you can't drink in view of the pitch, beer is overpriced and food is a bit crap.
Anfield fills up early for massive matches but most of the time it's only full about 5mins before kick off
Thanks. It's insane what food options we have at the sporting events here, especially baseball. You can drink, wine, beer and even mixed drinks at games and eat anything from pizza to local favorites (like crab cakes). American football replaces the pubs with parking lot tailgates. They are really fun, people barbecuing and drinking in the parking lots prior to the game.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This happened without a doubt during the season Leicester won. Refs bought into the story of a smaller team winning the league, which could either be Spurs or Leicester. Clattenburg admitted as such, he did not want to be the one responsible for Spurs losing the league so he let them kick Chelsea off the park.
This is tinfoil-hat stuff really if someone claimed anything like that, but it turned out to be true. Scary thing so you never know exactly whats going on.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Thanks. It's insane what food options we have at the sporting events here, especially baseball. You can drink, wine, beer and even mixed drinks at games and eat anything from pizza to local favorites (like crab cakes). American football replaces the pubs with parking lot tailgates. They are really fun, people barbecuing and drinking in the parking lots prior to the game.
I've been to a few sports events in the US and loved all of them. My favourite though was the 5 days I spent at Talladega SuperSpeedway for NASCAR. it was a blur of beer, BBQ and racing. Amazing time!

Bwuk

Tough game for them today potentially as the only right back they have fit plays for the opposition, and Bournemouths best attacker plays on the left.

AJ10

We could see another weather report from the weatherman but Eddie Howe is too amateurish and will play right into the hands of pool.

Last edited:

Obi-Red-Kenobi

Supports
Liverpool
Can't see anything great for the forum in having Liverpool fans here but i respect your opinion if you think so.

I disagree about you saying Klopper and Robin are both mostly* level-headed because in their last comments they were both defending ( a lot of blah blah trying to explain how it's possible not to see those offsides!) the indefensible - that is if you really believe that yesterday there were two blatant offsides which were not 'seen' by the refs.

The whole point is that we will mostly NEVER agree with most type of Liverpool fans' comments and they will also mostly NEVER agree with most of our comments. Sorry for using the word most/mostly a number of times.

It's hard to actually have a football-related conversation and i can sure converse about football but not when an opposing fan is trying to convince me and other United fans that the refs didn't help them along yesterday (or during this whole league) - then it becomes irritating to us.

To each his own and enjoy conversing with them.
I’m sorry you feel that way, but the whole platform is designed in to different sections. There is a Man UTD forum, that most opposition fans choose not to go in to, or can’t go in to. Then there is the football forum, which is where we are now.

The football forum is designed, and aimed at all football fans, even opposing fans.

What’s wrong with guaging different opinions? Who cares if Liverpool fans typically don’t agree with your viewpoint, is it not healthy to spark a debate? Imagine if everyone agreed, how boring.

On the lines of a debate, if you think the refs have helped Liverpool the whole season, would you please remind me which team has won the most penalties this year?

Surely it’s only ‘irritating’ because you don’t agree with it, but it doesn’t mean your opinion is right, because many disagree, this is the point of the Football Forum.

It’s a good thing...

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Howe, the doofus, will play right into Klopp’s and Liverpool’s hands. It’s a pity as the pressure was beginning to tell and Liverpool have huge fixtures on the horizon which could really sent their season spiraling out of control.

Obi-Red-Kenobi

Supports
Liverpool
Howe, the doofus, will play right into Klopp’s and Liverpool’s hands. It’s a pity as the pressure was beginning to tell and Liverpool have huge fixtures on the horizon which could really sent their season spiraling out of control.
I don’t get this pressure narrative that’s flying around the place? Yes, Liverpool drew 2 games, big deal, they haven’t lost any all season, other than away at City, and win today, they’ll be 3 points clear at the top of the league after the same amount of games played.

City lost to a relegation threatened Newcastle 10 days ago after leading one nil, yet the narrative reads differently for them. They also lost 4 of the previous 9, after leading the league, and apparently being untouchable.

City have Chelsea tomorrow, and we could find ourselves 2 point clear tomorrow, with a game in hand, and where will the pressure conversation then lay?

finneh

Agreed that is nonsense. I think it's clear though that yourselves (and Spurs) are probably 5-6 points better off than you would be without the run of the green.

Whether the media love in is a small contributory factor I'm unsure... There certainly seems to be less uproar though when poor decisions are made in your favour (and on a few occasions pundits praising blatant poor decisions as good ones).

Hopefully things balance themselves out over the next 13 games.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If one of Mane or Salah starts underperforming, They're in a big trouble.

City have an advantage over the course of the season.. They've got loads of quality backups.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I don’t get this pressure narrative that’s flying around the place? Yes, Liverpool drew 2 games, big deal, they haven’t lost any all season, other than away at City, and win today, they’ll be 3 points clear at the top of the league after the same amount of games played.

City lost to a relegation threatened Newcastle 10 days ago after leading one nil, yet the narrative reads differently for them. They also lost 4 of the previous 9, after leading the league, and apparently being untouchable.

City have Chelsea tomorrow, and we could find ourselves 2 point clear tomorrow, with a game in hand, and where will the pressure conversation then lay?
Context is everything. City dropped points over the Christmas period whilst fighting on four fronts and operating with a depleted squad (their three best players were injured simultaneously). Liverpool, by accident or design (Klopp sycophants will say design as if it was a measure of his guile), were bombed out of both domestic cups so have a clear road ahead of them domestically now, all the while competing with practically their best XI each week (Gomez and Alexander-Arnold’s injuries are nowhere near as troublesome for them as the injuries City sustained).

Folk always believed City’s ‘blip’ (courtesy of two wondergoals for Leicester and Palace respectively) was an anomaly and that they’d bounce back when their injuries cleared up, which they have. They also have the distinction of being winners, a huge advantage in a title race, and their experience will have told them not to panic. Liverpool were ten points clear of City barely five weeks ago and that deficit has been blitzed in no time at all. Title run-ins generally ebb and flow but it’s not a good sign for Liverpool to be wobbling this early, particularly when you consider their performances have been dire. They were considerably lucky to get anything out of the Leicester and West Ham games last week. I would be acutely worried if I was a Liverpool fan.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bournemouth are an all or nothing team.
Liverpool aren't dropping points to them at Anfield. Don't bother getting your hopes up.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City

Pressure shifts from week to week, game to game almost. Win today and it’s back on City tomorrow. If City win tomorrow then it’s back on you at OT.

Right now it’s on you, you’ve not won in 2 games after a chance to go 7 clear and Bournemouth is a game you’ll feel like you have to win. Momentum shifts so quickly.