Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

NoLogo

So you agree, these complaints are not for footballing reasons but purely for financial gains.

The FA has already scaled back both league Cup and fa cup (and the top division has less clubs and games) over the last 50 years, but European matches has increased along with WCC not to mention the internationals.

I know what will happen, they'll scrap the league Cup, decrease the rounds in the fa Cup, scrap replays, scrap extra time and then the clubs will play even more European games and they'll increase the WCC and we'll ultimately still play as many games as they do now but will have an extra 20m.

Anyone that thinks this is anything other than a financial issue your kidding yourselves.
It is in large parts a financial issue I totally agree but so far I have never heard any manager being actually happy about having to play the WCC and for Klopp imo that's even more understandable. The Bundesliga has one cup with one tie each round and only 34 games in the league and no one there is crying for more games they are all rather happy about having a nice 3 week break during the winter.

Especially for the managers who depend on their season not going tits up due to player injuries I think the amount of games are a real concern. Naturally the club owners might see this differently and prefer simply the games not being "small games" but continental or intercontinental games.

Paul_Scholes18

I take no issue with the players he plans to use...but to hand over management duties is what I take exception to.

I hope Shrewsbury can at least eliminate the idea of the real treble.
He know they are safe now though. VAR at home so that is like playing with 12 men for them.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Respectfully this is entirely incorrect, like all of it. You must be very selective when it comes to the years English teams "look constantly shattered compared to European clubs". Did between 2005 and 2012 when English teams dominated the latter stages of the CL, did those years not count? German and Italian sides have been absolutely pathetic in CL knockout football since 2013. Literally Real Madrid and Barcelona are the only two teams who have outperformed English clubs in the CL in the last two decades and that's probably down to them having some of the best players ever in their teams. I cant even believe you mentioned the French League considering what happened to PSG last season in particular.

If you've watched the Premier League for the last two decades, then you should know that the domestic fixture list has not gone up at all, in fact with the scrapping of replays beyond round 5 it has gone down. It is UEFA and FIFA that have added to the fixture list with expanding the Champions League, Europa League, FIFA World Club Cup and Nations League.

It's actually hilariously ironic that you're accusing the English FA about chasing money when the football calendar at the moment is completely the making of UEFA and FIFA chasing money. Look at this World Club Cup thing that is now going to be played every four years in the middle east. What a load of complete and utter shite that is. Introducing a group stage to the Europa League, what was wrong with pure knockouts? The Europa fecking Conference? seriously you think it's the FA and PL?

Klopp and Pep are both whiney, self entitled bastards and their comments and the way they behave sum up the "elitist" problem that is not only rife in football but is mirrored in day to day life. The elitist being selfish, thinking the world revolves around them, completely inconsiderate of those with less and nobody else is allowed a piece of the pie.
You've got Pep whinging about the fixture list with his billionaire squad but when Man City get cup draws at home to Port Vale, Macclesfield and Yeovil he throws on all the big names such is his obsession with his own self legacy. Last game against Fulham, a measly two academy players in the line up.
As for Klopp, why does he feel the need to mention it so much? Why couldnt he have just not said anything after yesterday and send out the kids come matchday, does he think him and his club are that important? He's not going to attend the game? Absolute fecking twat.
Shrewsbury have played two less games than Liverpool this season, why isn't their manager coming out crying and complaining? If Pep and Klopp are so upset about fixtures and not enough breaks, leave English football, you knew beforehand about it, but you came because you wanted the exposure and the money and the resources.

Honestly its pathetic, all of it, this constant whinging and whining about the fixture list, get over yourselves. Football league clubs play a minimum of 50 games a season (with a few cup runs and playoff that could easily hit 60+) and you rarely hear the managers, chairman or fans complain, they get on with it. With less resources, on horrific pitches they just get on with it.
And the moaning about Christmas games as well, who cares? get over it, it's been going on for forever, why are you still moaning about it?. The rest of the country are overworked during christmas too, mentally and physically drained, 12-15 hours a day at work for some professions, actually saving and effecting peoples lives. That's what you have a squad for, use it! And people wonder why normal people have a general distain and can't relate to PL footballers and those involved in the PL.

Nail. On. Head.
In august last year:

"I hope this Super League will never happen. With the way the Champions League is now running, football has a great product, even with the Europa League.
For me, the Champions League is the Super League, in which you do not always end up playing against the same teams. Of course, it is economically important, but why should we create a system where Liverpool faces Real Madrid for 10 straight years? Who wants to see that every year?"

In november last year

“I love what I do but we have come to a point where it gets too much. And it gets too much because nobody speaks to the people who have to do the actual work. This Club World Cup in 2021! What? You could have someone in the Champions League final and five days later it starts. A week after that competition finishes we have the African Nations Cup. Do we play the Club World Cup without any African players? Fifa would insist they go for two weeks before the tournament starts to train with their international teams.
“Nobody thinks about it, they just put another competition in. In 2020 we have the Copa América again. There was one this year! The schedule for the boys involved in these tournaments is just crazy. My job is to deal with it but you cannot deal with it, you just accept it and try to make the best of it. If it continues like this then what direction will it lead? We already squeeze every minute out of the 10 days we have together in pre-season as it is. I am not moaning, I am describing the situation. Somebody thought the Nations League was a good idea. Nobody sits around a table and discusses it.”

3rd of January this year

“I told what I had to say to UEFA personally, I told FIFA sometimes in interviews because I don’t know anyone there and I don’t think the Premier League, FA or Football League are in any doubt of my opinion.
I just do that not because of me but because I think someone has to speak for the players. The boys last night (in the 2-0 win over Sheffield United) ran 13 kilometres – 13 kilometres to win a Premier League game – and I cannot tell them ‘Come on, try to run 11km so you will be fine for the next game’.
But the schedule is the schedule. If you have a good friend and you see him twice a year, brilliant. Best time of your life. If you see him every day you think after five days ‘What the heck?’.
But what we do is throw football at the people. How many games were on Boxing Day? There were maybe some men, probably, who watched all of them live. I don’t think that’s good for their relationship. It’s not good for mine and I already watch a lot of football.
People say ‘Yeah, we only get the money we get because of the number of games’. I don’t see that. Like always in life it is about quality not quantity. Yes, without the money it doesn’t work but without the players it doesn’t work as well.”

But yeah, Klopp just wants the club to make more money of a super league. That's why he does all this. Better than winning the FA cup for sure.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Respectfully this is entirely incorrect, like all of it. You must be very selective when it comes to the years English teams "look constantly shattered compared to European clubs". Did between 2005 and 2012 when English teams dominated the latter stages of the CL, did those years not count? German and Italian sides have been absolutely pathetic in CL knockout football since 2013. Literally Real Madrid and Barcelona are the only two teams who have outperformed English clubs in the CL in the last two decades and that's probably down to them having some of the best players ever in their teams. I cant even believe you mentioned the French League considering what happened to PSG last season in particular.

If you've watched the Premier League for the last two decades, then you should know that the domestic fixture list has not gone up at all, in fact with the scrapping of replays beyond round 5 it has gone down. It is UEFA and FIFA that have added to the fixture list with expanding the Champions League, Europa League, FIFA World Club Cup and Nations League.

It's actually hilariously ironic that you're accusing the English FA about chasing money when the football calendar at the moment is completely the making of UEFA and FIFA chasing money. Look at this World Club Cup thing that is now going to be played every four years in the middle east. What a load of complete and utter shite that is. Introducing a group stage to the Europa League, what was wrong with pure knockouts? The Europa fecking Conference? seriously you think it's the FA and PL?

Klopp and Pep are both whiney, self entitled bastards and their comments and the way they behave sum up the "elitist" problem that is not only rife in football but is mirrored in day to day life. The elitist being selfish, thinking the world revolves around them, completely inconsiderate of those with less and nobody else is allowed a piece of the pie.
You've got Pep whinging about the fixture list with his billionaire squad but when Man City get cup draws at home to Port Vale, Macclesfield and Yeovil he throws on all the big names such is his obsession with his own self legacy. Last game against Fulham, a measly two academy players in the line up.
As for Klopp, why does he feel the need to mention it so much? Why couldnt he have just not said anything after yesterday and send out the kids come matchday, does he think him and his club are that important? He's not going to attend the game? Absolute fecking twat.
Shrewsbury have played two less games than Liverpool this season, why isn't their manager coming out crying and complaining? If Pep and Klopp are so upset about fixtures and not enough breaks, leave English football, you knew beforehand about it, but you came because you wanted the exposure and the money and the resources.

Honestly its pathetic, all of it, this constant whinging and whining about the fixture list, get over yourselves. Football league clubs play a minimum of 50 games a season (with a few cup runs and playoff that could easily hit 60+) and you rarely hear the managers, chairman or fans complain, they get on with it. With less resources, on horrific pitches they just get on with it.
And the moaning about Christmas games as well, who cares? get over it, it's been going on for forever, why are you still moaning about it?. The rest of the country are overworked during christmas too, mentally and physically drained, 12-15 hours a day at work for some professions, actually saving and effecting peoples lives. That's what you have a squad for, use it! And people wonder why normal people have a general distain and can't relate to PL footballers and those involved in the PL.

Nail. On. Head.
I mentioned the English FA because I don't know who organises it - that doesn't change what I see.

As I said before in my post what a team does to tactically or be better than us by quality is a completely different point of view.

There is periods in football where tactics especially the periods you talk about are being fundamentally being played to perfection in certain Leagues to the point that other Leagues can't be handled and this is usually followed by that league holding on to a higher class of top class of players for a good period of time before they move to a different league or retire.

This happened in the Italian league in the 90's, then the dominance of the English and Spanish teams during the 2000's era you are talking about - holding on to best managers, players and tactics and different period of times also before the short burst of the resurgence of the bundesliga around the 2013 due to Klopp's work at bringing back Dortmund back from the dust as a big club rather than Bayern Munich not being missed at all.

The Leagues always go in to transitions due to tactics, quality of players, the managers ( also maybe looking at the current golden generations of Belgium and Norway, some of the smaller countries that give their young players more concentrated time maybe are able to get better work).

What this proves to me is that it means absolutely nothing to do with things like amount of matches played - sure things can be sorted by a quality squad or a bulky squad - but for every time we unearth a Rashford for Martial or Nick Powell's Injury, we also have the ability to make his injuries worse from playing such unnecessary games.

The Carabao Cup is literally a friendly to me & I'd rather that be played purely by under 25's by any manager even if it wasn't a rule. I have no idea why FA cups aren't penalties for such a wide range of of Leagues that England has down to the damn conference effecting a hold damn host of players.

Anyway as a United fan - the fact Liverpool have more CL's than us and we have more FA cups than them is disappointing & I want that to change. Whether this changes due to the FA or not - we better take the cup games less seriously for our own good.

Ludens the Red

In august last year:

"I hope this Super League will never happen. With the way the Champions League is now running, football has a great product, even with the Europa League.
For me, the Champions League is the Super League, in which you do not always end up playing against the same teams. Of course, it is economically important, but why should we create a system where Liverpool faces Real Madrid for 10 straight years? Who wants to see that every year?"

In november last year

“I love what I do but we have come to a point where it gets too much. And it gets too much because nobody speaks to the people who have to do the actual work. This Club World Cup in 2021! What? You could have someone in the Champions League final and five days later it starts. A week after that competition finishes we have the African Nations Cup. Do we play the Club World Cup without any African players? Fifa would insist they go for two weeks before the tournament starts to train with their international teams.
“Nobody thinks about it, they just put another competition in. In 2020 we have the Copa América again. There was one this year! The schedule for the boys involved in these tournaments is just crazy. My job is to deal with it but you cannot deal with it, you just accept it and try to make the best of it. If it continues like this then what direction will it lead? We already squeeze every minute out of the 10 days we have together in pre-season as it is. I am not moaning, I am describing the situation. Somebody thought the Nations League was a good idea. Nobody sits around a table and discusses it.”

3rd of January this year

“I told what I had to say to UEFA personally, I told FIFA sometimes in interviews because I don’t know anyone there and I don’t think the Premier League, FA or Football League are in any doubt of my opinion.
I just do that not because of me but because I think someone has to speak for the players. The boys last night (in the 2-0 win over Sheffield United) ran 13 kilometres – 13 kilometres to win a Premier League game – and I cannot tell them ‘Come on, try to run 11km so you will be fine for the next game’.
But the schedule is the schedule. If you have a good friend and you see him twice a year, brilliant. Best time of your life. If you see him every day you think after five days ‘What the heck?’.
But what we do is throw football at the people. How many games were on Boxing Day? There were maybe some men, probably, who watched all of them live. I don’t think that’s good for their relationship. It’s not good for mine and I already watch a lot of football.
People say ‘Yeah, we only get the money we get because of the number of games’. I don’t see that. Like always in life it is about quality not quantity. Yes, without the money it doesn’t work but without the players it doesn’t work as well.”

But yeah, Klopp just wants the club to make more money of a super league. That's why he does all this. Better than winning the FA cup for sure.
Yep that’s what I said :rolleyes:
This might come as a shock but my entire post was not in reference to Jürgen Klopp. As difficult as it is to hear, the world does not revolve around Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool. I didn’t say Klopp is advocating for the expansion of the European game because he wants more money. But If you can’t see anything wrong with his comments post Shrewsbury game (which is what I mainly am commenting on in regards to klopp)then there’s no point discussing anything.

Crustanoid

Blatantly showing disrespect to the world’s oldest football competition.

The FA should go all in and dock them 30 points from the league and order the first team to play each side from the conference and league 2 back to back with no breaks during the winter break.
Before doing this they should evaluate the pitches from the lower ten tiers of the pyramid, find the shittest one, and ensure the matches are played there

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
There has been the same number of games for years now. This is not something new. PL has always been 38 games, League cup, FA cup have been the same for years now.

I dont understand where this too many games now comes from?
Nature of the game has changed in the last 20-30 years but fixtures list hasn't. Football got much more athletic, players are finely honed physical machines run 10K+ a game now. Can't play the same number of games and keep the level, or can try but get injured, like Rashford, Kane and Vardy... Also international games been added with things like the nations league finals.

They should keep the 38 game league and one domestic cup which there is an incentive for teams to actually win, not micky mouse like the cups are now pretty much.

Klopp probably booked a holiday for the break as well, which is why the U23 manager will be on the touchline for the replay. Can't blame him, probably going for some sunshine.

Paul_Scholes18

Nature of the game has changed in the last 20-30 years but fixtures list hasn't. Football got much more athletic, players are finely honed physical machines run 10K+ a game now. Can't play the same number of games and keep the level, or can try but get injured, like Rashford, Kane and Vardy... Also international games been added with things like the nations league finals.

They should keep the 38 game league and one domestic cup which there is an incentive for teams to actually win, not micky mouse like the cups are now pretty much.

Klopp probably booked a holiday for the break as well, which is why the U23 manager will be on the touchline for the replay. Can't blame him, probably going for some sunshine.
If Klopp wants the sun then leave for Madrid,Barca or Juventus next summer. Easy job done!
If he wants rest then coach German national side.

clarkydaz

He could still show up and be part of it whilst the u23s guy has the input. Klopp hasn't been playing all season

TheLiverBird

Not really the point though is it

Premier League Clubs received a Letter from the Premier League stating that competitive matches should not be scheduled during the winter break

yet

FA Cup matches get thrown slap bang in the middle of this winter break

it’s a joke, the FA, PL and FL are all a total shambles that can’t organise a piss up in a brewery between them

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Premier League Clubs received a Letter from the Premier League stating that competitive matches should not be scheduled during the winter break

yet

it’s a joke, the FA, PL and FL are all a total shambles that can’t organise a piss up in a brewery between them
What isn't the point? The point is it's a competition organised by the FA, not the Premier League. If Klopp has a problem with it then he should just withdraw from the competition completely. He seems to think Liverpool are bigger than it anyway.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah if the whole football pyramid is just to support top 6 PL clubs then what you said makes sense.

I don't understand why people fail to see England is different to other leagues, lower league have good following and they have rich history. These replays will improve many lower league clubs who can fix so many issues at the club.

Just take shrewsbury as example, their manager said they will buy video equipment for analysis and improve the drainage issues around the pitch. Football is not just about big and rich clubs. For many of the lower league players, it's once in a life time opportunity to play at Old Trafford, Anfield and other top stadiums.
Good post

Ludens the Red

yet

:lol: Yep because they’re not helping poor Liverpool.
Honestly Liverpool fans are embarrassing themselves in this thread.
Only them, only them in a year were they’re wiping the floor with all opposition and coasting their way to a league title can they still whinge and complain about how hard done by they are.

Paul_Scholes18

:lol: Yep because they’re not helping poor Liverpool.
Honestly Liverpool fans are embarrassing themselves in this thread.
Only them, only them in a year were they’re wiping the floor with all opposition and coasting their way to a league title can they still whinge and complain about how hard done by they are.
They seem to have a cult following behind Klopp. He can't be wrong no matter what he says. Was never the case here with SAF even after what he won. Lots of people attacking his lack of signings and not improving the midfield etc and attacking him for not talking against the Glaziers. Also for not going strong in say Europa league and the cups when we should have done it.

TheLiverBird

What isn't the point? The point is it's a competition organised by the FA, not the Premier League. If Klopp has a problem with it then he should just withdraw from the competition completely. He seems to think Liverpool are bigger than it anyway.
Correct, it is a competition organised by the FA, and I’ve highlighted the issues between the FA and the PL, where they clearly don’t communicate, resulting in not just Liverpool, but other teams as well having to play in what should be a period of rest, it’s disruptive and unnecessary.

Maybe Klopp should have just withdrawn from the competition, or maybe other teams should also have the balls to make a stand So that in future it won’t be an issue or inconvenience for anyone

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They seem to have a cult following behind Klopp. He can't be wrong no matter what he says. Was never the case here with SAF even after what he won. Lots of people attacking his lack of signings and not improving the midfield etc and attacking him for not talking against the Glaziers. Also for not going strong in say Europa league and the cups when we should have done it.
You should see what Liverpool's Twitter support is like. Constantly on his back for picking this player or that. He's always getting criticized for playing the 'Brexit' midfield three of Milner, Henderson & Wijnaldum.

Paul_Scholes18

Correct, it is a competition organised by the FA, and I’ve highlighted the issues between the FA and the PL, where they clearly don’t communicate, resulting in not just Liverpool, but other teams as well having to play in what should be a period of rest, it’s disruptive and unnecessary.

Maybe Klopp should have just withdrawn from the competition, or maybe other teams should also have the balls to make a stand So that in future it won’t be an issue or inconvenience for anyone
Do you think Klopp would have complained if they had won yesterday? Probably not.
That is just the point and he is just upset about having to manage one extra game when he imagined himself on some sunny beach far away from Liverpool.
He is just totally selfish in this case. Not even thinking about his reserve players that might have wanted him there to watch them play and give instructions.

Everything else is just excuses from him. Other managers knew the rules and thus didn't complain when they got replays.
Not even heard Mourinho moan about the replays and he can moan a lot.
He could just be honest and say he thought he could have a break and is upset about that part. One extra game for his B team should only be a good thing since they
rarely play in the PL.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Blatantly showing disrespect to the world’s oldest football competition.

The FA should go all in and dock them 30 points from the league and order the first team to play each side from the conference and league 2 back to back with no breaks during the winter break.
Before doing this they should evaluate the pitches from the lower ten tiers of the pyramid, find the shittest one, and ensure the matches are played there
Tranmere.

Paul_Scholes18

You should see what Liverpool's Twitter support is like. Constantly on his back for picking this player or that. He's always getting criticized for playing the 'Brexit' midfield three of Milner, Henderson & Wijnaldum.
I guess every club got a mix. Might just be that the guys commenting about him here defend him more since it is a United forum. I would probably defend Ole more on a Liverpool forum too if they attack him or laugh at him.
Normally fans do not like rotation that much so suprised about them attacking Klopp who barely rotates in the league.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair if Klopp was managing Arsenal and delivering these results and trophies I would agree with him if he said the earth was flat. I’m sure most fans would cant blame Pool supporters.

Judas

Open to offers
Some Liverpool fans are so used to moaning and complaining, that even when they're having the best season in the history of football they still can't just let something go and enjoy it, always have to whinge.

kafkawithaspirin

Supports
Liverpool
The fact that the clubs were "warned" by the FA is definitely not the point. Klopp wasn't throwing his hissy fit because it came as a surprise, so it's a completely irrelevant argument from the FA.
No, it's not that. He'd given the players the week off to spend with their families.
Fair enough, I wasn't paying too much attention to this. It is disrespectul to Shrewsbury either way. Not sure what's the point of him not being there.

Paul_Scholes18

To be fair if Klopp was managing Arsenal and delivering these results and trophies I would agree with him if he said the earth was flat. I’m sure most fans would cant blame Pool supporters.
I would trust him picking and signing players even if I have personal doubts more than I would trust Moyes or OGS.
He could pick Lingard and make him perform etc.
Although if someone says something stupid or act stupidly in my view I would call that out anyway.
I would dislike us leaving the Fa cup in 2000 and say so, but that was when I was 8 and not really a supporter yet.
I really disliked how SAF managed us in the Europa league and I called that out at the time.
I even was a bit upset over us getting RVP over improving the midfield since I thought the strikers we had could do the job.
Although SAF got that one right no doubt and won the league, but we could have needed a stronger midfield too and not just depend on Carrick.

I have no problems with managers say letting the assistant do the job for certain reasons. If there is illness around and maybe family issues
then they deserve a break just like regular people. Also not participating in all training sessions could be reasonable.
Although if he gives it away just to have 1 day more personal rest then it is very selfish and shows how little he cares about the cup and all his supporters.
He could let his assistants do all the work before the game and even pick the team if he do not want to coach the youth ones. That would give him more time to spend
with his family if he wants that during the break.
Although at least be there for the game and try to motivate the kids they got since I am sure they wants the first team mananger to be there and know they can impress him for the future.

He is obviously a very good manager, but I do not understand why he doesn't seem to want to win it all very much.
This might be the best chance they got to do it if we expect City to improve next season.
I am personally very happy about it once they get knocked out. It is annoying though to see them get lucky results even with the B team though.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Thank you AndyH you are now famous for 15 minutes shamelessly piggy backing off the back of someone who is actually famous.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sorry if it's already been answered but why can't Liverpool play FA cup replay after the two week break? 5th round isn't until early March so plenty of time.

Paul_Scholes18

Sorry if it's already been answered but why can't Liverpool play FA cup replay after the two week break? 5th round isn't until early March so plenty of time.
Because they do not want to move the dates. It is not fair for the opponent.
Should have talked about this before the season started and complained then.
Europa league and league cup fixtures is played during weeks when they could have replays. I guess they do not want those games to clash.
Although they could have different dates for different teams.
I think for a team like us it would be impossible to find replay dates outside the break since we are in all those cups.

Everyone else will have times when they have breaks.

Klopp never expected them to get this far in the cups though with the B team so he never bothered to think about the dates ;).

90 + 5min

No problem Klopp doing and saying what he does. At same time, I hope he doesn’t use it as excuse if they go out. Everyone has the right to do what they think is best for their club. If they want to play with under 15 let them. I don’t see any problem.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The draw tonight was cringeworthy. Part of the problem is the media and pundits still act like the FA Cup is the competition to win above all else, it's just isn't anymore. It's sad but you need to move on with the times.

I use to love FA Cup weekend (especially third round) but honestly these days they're only mildly less boring than international breaks. I'm not saying scrap it, but it's had its day of being the big player and the sooner the romantics accept it the better.

Blatzo

Clear as day the man has booked a non-refundable holiday that week and isn't prepared to miss it.

Castia

He can play whatever team he likes but there’s zero reason for him not taking charge of a first team game, pretty shocking in all honesty.

Paul_Scholes18

He can play whatever team he likes but there’s zero reason for him not taking charge of a first team game, pretty shocking in all honesty.
It is too hard to manage LiVARpool. He need to spend half the summer trying to sign up VAR for a big sum. It worked well, but still hard work to keep the 12th player happy.
Lots of people in the VAR room so very hard to manage them all over a season.
Thus he need a break away from all of that.

Ludens the Red

Thank you AndyH you are now famous for 15 minutes shamelessly piggy backing off the back of someone who is actually famous.
Yeah he’s in the wrong, the absolute state of your fans in this thread.
Your manager is REFUSING to take charge of a first team match through nothing more than spite and you’re having a go at other people.

FujiVice

We played 63 games in 10 months and won 3 trophies in 1999. Coming off a World Cup year as well. Liverpool can go feck themselves.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Did you see Klopp on the sidelines vs Everton ? I've never seen a more relaxed manager, he was acting like it was a world xi charity match laughing on the sidelines. The man treats the competition as a joke. If I was on the Liverpool board I'd be absolutely fuming at the possibility of him missing a first team game, what sort of message does that send out, not only to the outside world but to the young boys he's going to play ? But it wouldn't surprise me for the owners to bend backwards for Jurgen and let him have his own way after his successes.

el3mel

Did you see Klopp on the sidelines vs Everton ? I've never seen a more relaxed manager, he was acting like it was a world xi charity match laughing on the sidelines. The man treats the competition as a joke. If I was on the Liverpool board I'd be absolutely fuming at the possibility of him missing a first team game, what sort of message does that send out, not only to the outside world but to the young boys he's going to play ? But it wouldn't surprise me for the owners to bend backwards for Jurgen and let him have his own way after his successes.
They are going to win the league setting up some ridiculous record and have a good shot in CL. Why would Liverpool's board care? Maybe they themselves don't care that much about Fa Cup anyway.

montpelier

OK, they definitely have bigger priorities and always field weakened teams. But..

They have players needing gametime, who would then get a 10 day break. He got Salah on 10mins before deciding they didn't care at all.

I think Big Foot and LFC just want the media coverage tbh. Jurgen speaks, Jurgen has principles... All good for the media profile of the club whatever happens. There were constant press releases about the building of the new stand a couple of years back ffs.