Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
People thinking Neville has anything to do with this :houllier:
Of course it won't be down to Neville's words alone, but there's been a lot of media attention given to Karius and his performances of late, and Klopp's cared enough about that to respond and name Neville specifically, so it's not really daft to suggest that he's pulled the trigger on dropping Karius earlier than he perhaps would have done if he'd been left alone.

Agni

Is there really much of a difference in what he said and how Jose reacted to Michael Owen's comments?

At the end of Klopps "rant" he even joked that the media had now got their headlines. It's a nothing story and nowhere near Keegan/Rafa levels.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I have't followed the story ad Iam not arsed .

Good result .

I heared the Boro fans sang Justice For The 96 which humbled me . May have something to do with the news this week that the refs statement even got changed at Hillsborough.
Anyway a clean sheet is always good no matter who is in goal.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Karius shown a total lack of respect by Klopp.

Some way to smash the guys confidence!
He took an under fire under performing player out of the team. Had Kaurius played and made a mistake it would have been much worse than dropping him.

Good decision by klopp - paid off with a convincing win and a clean sheet.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He took an under fire under performing player out of the team. Had Kaurius played and made a mistake it would have been much worse than dropping him.

Good decision by klopp - paid off with a convincing win and a clean sheet.
Getting a clean sheet with no Matip is encouraging as well, but Boro aren't exactly known for their goal scoring.

montpelier

Yep, this fabricated Nevgate got a performance out of his team after a couple of iffy games. Now back with the GK he doesn't want to play, though. Could have quietly persisted with Karius if he had wanted but probably talked himself out of that option. Possibly not much in it anyway.

Probably good management, doesn't alter much GK wise.

Klopp's a bellend though, all the posturing is definitely for effect. He's not any different to any of the rest that do it.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Getting a clean sheet with no Matip is encouraging as well, but Boro aren't exactly known for their goal scoring.
Speaking of goalscoring Ive just read its our most goals tally at this point of the season since 78 - 79 which is an amazing stat . Thing is that season we only conceded sixteen goals and only two at home . This season I also read weve only conceded one less than Boro which brings it all home .
Anyway.
Good result in what was a tricky away game after two weird results.

Ban

Live text from his presser on BBC. Its so cringeworthy.
"Klopp is in excellent form"
"One man comedy show."
:houllier:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Now they turn to the Karius story. Neville had criticised the Liverpool goalkeeper and Karius then gave an interview to the Daily Mail in which he said: "I don’t care what Gary Neville said. He was a top player, then he was a manager for a short bit and now he is back to being an expert again. But he is always very critical. I think he does it to everyone. I just hope that when I do well he will comment on that. We will see in the future."

Gary Neville: "Karius story became big because player, coach and club added fuel to a fire that wasn't there. My other comments on the same day were about Fellaini, and I called him pathetic. Do you remember that? No. But Karius [inflamed it]. Phil and Jamie Carragher said shut your gob. As a young player you should keep your mouth shut. As a pundit we have done our job to create debate. We were trying to help him as a coach, an older player if you like."

Oliver Holt says that it came across like you bullied him.

Gary Neville: "That is ridiculous. I was critical of De Gea a few years ago and he has proved me wrong. I said Karius transmits nerves to the players around him and that is true. There was fuel added to the fire."

Good this, between Holt and Neville now.

Gary Neville: "Players should do interviews all the time. My advice was player-to-player. Don't take the fight on now. Wait until you have won the title. I never thought it was good to take on a player or a pundit in the media when I was a player."

Henry Winter: "One of those debates where you can understand everyone's point. Player, journalist, Klopp, club. I think everyone did their job."

Gary Neville: "My point was why would a player or a manager ever have a go at a pundit? Why would you do that?"

Martin Samuel: "Liverpool have no problem with the interview, the player has no problem with the interview."

Gary Neville: "Prepare for an interview like you would a training session. Methodical. What are they going to ask? Know where they want to take you. Know which subjects you want to stay clear of. Give them the headline you want to give. Do your homework. If I was a senior player I would have had a word in the dressing room. Don't start a war with a Liverpool legend like Jamie Carragher, that's a civil war. I would say 'have a whack at Neville, I don't like him'. But it will be more pressure on yourself."

Martin Samuel: "What is wrong with a straight question and a straight answer?"

Henry Winter: "I think we need more players coming out and saying something."

Gary Neville: "Sky are delighted. I am delighted. My star goes up at Sky. I never feel like a journalist or a pundit. I think as a player in the dressing room. I was all over the news. Sky were over the moon, I am in the headlines, leading the news, shaping the debate. But I don't think like that I think like an ex player and what would be good in the dressing. I was more talking him to say don't take on a player and pundit. Leave Carragher alone he is a fan he got a bit frustrated. A senior Liverpool player should have stepped in. I don't think like a pundit I think like an ex senior player."

Henry Winter: "Don't you think it is a bit rich for an England footballer to lecture a German on psychological strength?"

Gary splutters.

Gary Neville: "You can win or lose matches in interviews."

Nobody has yet mentioned Gary's time at Valencia by name, there was one very tangential reference earlier. The question I would love them to ask is whether he thinks his time as a manager there harms his cred as an analyst.

Gary Neville: "Players never do ghosted columns any more. There is a disconnect between players and journalists. Agents are in the middle feeding you things."

Henry Winter: "If I write columns and a player disagrees then he will DM me. It is easier for me to get interviews now than it was 15 years ago. There is a perception that footballers are thick but I have only struggled in 20 years, with Lauren and Kante, I struggled to get anything out of them. On the whole footballers have a back story and a hinterland. To get to the top you have to have something about you, and we like to show that, show that there is more to them."

Martin Samuel: "You are not looking to trip someone up. That's not what you are doing going into an interview."
Go get'em Nev.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Henry Winter: "Don't you think it is a bit rich for an England footballer to lecture a German on psychological strength?"

Gary splutters.

:lol:

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
They still won't win it, I'm sure of it.
No.

Chelsea have no weaknesses. Condeded only 11, yet they've got goals in them as well. Strong midfield and keeper.

I could list quite a few of our weaknesses.

But if we can keep pace with Chelsea. We'll do alright

Ban

No.

Chelsea have no weaknesses. Condeded only 11, yet they've got goals in them as well. Strong midfield and keeper.

I could list quite a few of our weaknesses.

But if we can keep pace with Chelsea. We'll do alright
Yeah, one slip by Chelsea and you're there, close. They can't keep winning the whole time. Thing is, Liverpool doesn't look as convincing as before. But as long as you keep winning, you're okay.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Klavan was excellent tonight. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Matip for a bit. I'm still not convinced Lovren's a safe option.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Everyone was waiting for Gary Neville to ask Klopp a question then, disappointed

wr8_utd

:'(
This is beginning to look like the season they came close. Luckily City saved us then, hope Chelsea do it this time. If they beat City and Chelsea in the coming weeks, they'd be right up there as favorites with CHelsea.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Less convinced by them than I was a few weeks back but when Coutinho comes back, he should give them the edge they have been lacking.

Dropping Karius has helped, Klopp owes Neville a drink.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Chelsea are still heavy favourites for the league, but a good win tonight.

Mignolet looks much more assured than Karius; awful tackle from Barkley.

Oh, and Everton are shit. Did feck all apart from run around huffing and puffing for the first half an hour.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Only saw the first half but looked to me like the pressing has eased up, sign of tiredness or is that unfair?
It's been like that since Coutinho's injury. My opinion is that because Firmino's been moved out to the left and Origi's come in up top, Firmino can't do a lot of his off the ball work that he was doing so well before. Our pressing is a team thing that has to be right all over the pitch and I don't think it has been.

Fortunately for us we're still scoring goals.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Only saw the first half but looked to me like the pressing has eased up, sign of tiredness or is that unfair?
A bit. Wijnaldum has dropped off significantly. Origi is just not a great combination player. Firmino is still playing well, but he looks a bit tired to me. Therefore it all comes down to Lallana, Mane and Milner at the moment to create most chances. They could use one more creative technical player in attack, even when Coutinho comes back.

Couch potato 82

Nah, they were miles fitter than Everton. Played rope a dope first half and left Everton tire themselves out. Pool completely dominated 2nd half. Fitness not an issue yet.

I wouldn't be going along with some of the cockier posters here saying "we'll easily beat them in OT." Liverpool are much more dangerous when they play on counter. The onus will be on us to attack as the home team and the team far behind on points. That could play into klopps hands. Jose knows this. Expect a similarly cagey game as at anfield.

Irrational.

I've noticed that as well. Tiredness has got to come into it I think, Liverpool as a team were covering the most ground at the beginning of the season if I remember correctly - would be interesting to see a comparison between the first 10 and second 10 games of the season once we pass the 20 games mark.

The gegenpress is not sustainable as a system throughout a whole season. Just imagine if they were in Europe this year. :houllier:

Strachans Cigar

I wouldn't be going along with some of the cockier posters here saying "we'll easily beat them in OT." Liverpool are much more dangerous when they play on counter. The onus will be on us to attack as the home team and the team far behind on points. That could play into klopps hands. Jose knows this. Expect a similarly cagey game as at anfield.
I'd be quite happy with that tbh.

We are slowly gelling and improving, but still grinding the gears a bit, so safety first against the better teams at the moment is preferable to being undone or picked off on the break. He'll probably do the same vs the chavs as well, and I'd be happy with that as well.