Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Is Klopp disrespecting the FA Cup by naming the youngest Liverpool team in history? That's with 76 year old Lucas bringing up the average too.

All well and good if you win but big risk, huge risk by Klopp.

Peanut Butter

Can't really blame Gurner - that side should be capable of winning by a few goals.

Although who knows with Pool they are still an unpredictable team when having to defend.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Can't really blame Gurner - that side should be capable of winning by a few goals.

Although who knows with Pool they are still an unpredictable team when having to defend.
Should be but still you'd expect more than the kids if you were a paying fan. That side was prob assembled for £30m or so, ours must have been closer to £200m yesterday. Hopefully Klopp is in for a bashing in the press if they need a replay or worse

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I always think the dynamic between Liverpool and Everton is very like the dynamic between United and Liverpool.

From the outside it always seems like Liverpool fans use Everton as a catharsis, by reflecting the 'taunts' they receive from United fans onto Everton.

My irony-meter goes off the charts when I see Liverpool fans calling Everton fans bitters. As for that banner at the recent Merseyside derby taunting them for 25 years of failure... words fail me at the lack of self-awareness.

There's a psychological study to be done there.

montpelier

Is Klopp disrespecting the FA Cup by naming the youngest Liverpool team in history? That's with 76 year old Lucas bringing up the average too.

All well and good if you win but big risk, huge risk by Klopp.
Probably thinking that the early penalty will be a help.

Peanut Butter

I always think the dynamic between Liverpool and Everton is very like the dynamic between United and Liverpool.

From the outside it always seems like Liverpool fans use Everton as a catharsis, by reflecting the 'taunts' they receive from United fans onto Everton.

My irony-meter goes off the charts when I see Liverpool fans calling Everton fans bitters. As for that banner at the recent Merseyside derby taunting them for 25 years of failure... words fail me at the lack of self-awareness.

There's a psychological study to be done there.
Well said. The Liverpool fans I know are some of the most bitter, hate ridden, angry group of people you could meet. I refuse to watch football with them anymore due to some of the bile that comes out of their mouths.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Well said. The Liverpool fans I know are some of the most bitter, hate ridden, angry group of people you could meet. I refuse to watch football with them anymore due to some of the bile that comes out of their mouths.
You make it sound like there aren't hateful, bitter United fans out there as well.

Football is a very tribal sport and brings out worst in some people, but that isn't limited to Liverpool fans.

Peanut Butter

You make it sound like there aren't hateful, bitter United fans out there as well.

Football is a very tribal sport and brings out worst in some people, but that isn't limited to Liverpool fans.
That's cause Utd fans aren't bitter about Liverpool - they ain't won anything for ages :lol:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
That's cause Utd fans aren't bitter about Liverpool - they ain't won anything for ages :lol:
That's irrelevant. There are still plenty of United fans who have as much bitterness towards Liverpool as some of ours do towards United.

Spurs haven't won much in the last few decades but I bet there's some bitterness towards them from the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea fans.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Looking at this guy's posts so far in the mains he's definitely one of those weirdo Liverpool fans who come along every so often and pretend to be United fans.

Too dim to not make it painfully obvious.
I genuinely assumed he was a dipper, is he not?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Should be but still you'd expect more than the kids if you were a paying fan. That side was prob assembled for £30m or so, ours must have been closer to £200m yesterday. Hopefully Klopp is in for a bashing in the press if they need a replay or worse
Not really disrespecting the cup, certainly no more than any other manager has over the past decade or so. Fergie used to play weaker sides when he thought he could get away with it. If I was a Liverpool fan i'd take pleasure in the fact that he's putting so much emphasis on looking to develop the youngsters.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
His FA Cup record is dreadful. He's yet to play a strong team in it.

FahadiHossein

I am not sure if Klopp did give the kids specific instructions, but the Scouse kids didn't look as impressive, because I have seen Marcus Rashford.
I did not see them trying to go for a one-two or taking on defenders. They were simply sending crosses into the box hoping that Origi would get it, or passing the ball backwards.

Rashford would have taken on the full-back and go for the byline.
Rashford is really head and shoulders above them.

Peanut Butter

The first thing the very best managers do when they go to a big club that hasn't won anything for ages is make sure they get a cup under their belt ASAP (see Jose at Chelsea.)

Liverpool are desperate for a trophy. Qualifying for the CL isn't silverware and no one ever remembers it unless you win the thing the season after.

Klopp has made the wrong choice today and it's backfired.

Jacko21

Either Klopp was expecting a walkover or he had higher hopes for his younger players, either way it backfired and they face another game and another trip down south.

Entirely avoidable. All of his own making.

Vanrouge

Hooe ?

Is the code speak in Narnia ?
The o and the p are next to each other on the keyboard. You really couldn't work that out? And you, meanwhile, despite having it pointed out, leave an annoying space before your punctuation, which is an error in English.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Really pleased to see how rested, relaxed and sharp Firminho and Sturridge were looking when they came on. Coutinho also in training. :D

The real business starts now. We'll deal with a rampant Plymouth when they decide to turn up. If.

Rafateria

I don't understand his thinking. Could have played several of his main players and avoided this.
You don't understand it because you've put no thought into it.

8th - Plymouth
11th - Southampton LC Semis
15th - United at OT.

3 games in a week including 2 very important ones - on the back of Liverpool having the least amount of rest (3 games in 143 hours) of any team in the PL bar Saints over the Xmas/New Year schedule. The FAC is quite rightly rating a low 3rd on our list of priorities at the moment.

Get it now ?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Really pleased to see how rested, relaxed and sharp Firminho and Sturridge were looking when they came on. Coutinho also in training. :D
Yeah, you'll need them all firing for the replay. Not like you have any up and coming talent who will be able to expedite a league 2 team on their own.

Rafateria

So i can see you losing it. Plymouth are gonna be fecking ready to come out all gun blazing at home.
I really hope they do ! At least it will make for a more entertaining match, and probably suit us far more. 53 touches by their keeper today - the most of any player on their team, plus only 3 touches inside our box. Mourinho would have been proud !

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I really hope they do ! At least it will make for a more entertaining match, and probably suit us far more. 53 touches by their keeper today - the most of any player on their team, plus only 3 touches inside our box. Mourinho would have been proud !
Well, what did you expect from them? To attack away from home?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
But but you guys and Klopp literally invented high pressing and full flow attacking football. Your tactical superiority and vintage Brazil level attacking philosophy should have been able to expedite these guys swiftly.

I sure know our u-18 would.

Nero

Hasn't Coutinho been training for a couple of weeks now? I would have thought today would have been the perfect time to give him some minutes.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
They're in League Two pal. What exactly did you expect them to do at Anfield?