Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Players need to get over themselves. They're paid a fortune. If the manager deems it appropriate for evening training then they need to suck it up and get on with it.

Peanut Butter

The novelty of Klopp's gurning fake smiling face was always going to fade away after him being at Pool a while. Even his own fans (the real ones not the nutters from here and RAWK) are questioning whether he can be more pragmatic from time to time and use a different tactic to win a game.

Not saying he isn't a good manager, he is. But I see a few more meltdowns from him before the season is over - especially if they don't win tonight.

montpelier

1 - I can see how 2 games in a week really messes about with that as a basic routine

2 - irrespective of the alleged sports science advantages, training at 5pm is a really stupid idea

3 - Jan results change are quite surprising

4 - is this a made-up spoof?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He seems to have lost his spark. I am not sure what happened as early in the season they look title favorite. I can't see them finishing top four at the moment because of their inconsistent performances.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
We're one point behind them with a game in hand and they have Arsenal on the weekend :drool:

Even with the lightest fixture list out of the top teams they are still fecking shit :lol:

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
It's hilarious how people accuse Mourinho of favouritism when this guy exists.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Do you get the impression they are trying to moneyball a team together? I know the Fenway group was responsible for the baseball version but it would be a mistake to try and do it in the premier league.
Sorry about the late response. I think with BR, they attempted it. They put a 'committee' in place that was supposed to scout lesser known young players with good potential. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Suarez's brilliance made the entire team look great. Once he was gone, he was replaced by average players. We haven't really bought proven quality have we? We got lucky with Coutinho and Sturridge. Firmino was known in the German League, but hardly a known commodity. When you have Lucas and Milner playing in the defense, kind of sums it up for us doesn't it? :O

We had this discussion on here before. Too many variables and too dynamic a game.
+1. Not easy to replicate a moneyball, unless you're playing Football Manager with a database cheat that shows every player's potential :D

FSG wasn't responsible for it at all in baseball. In fact they've consistently spent a ton of money since taking ownership of the Red Sox as one of the top-3 spender every year. They did try to hire the GM that introduced "moneyball" to the mainstream, but were rebuffed by him. Every team in baseball uses "moneyball" strategies now which was basically just valuating players using different metrics and exploited inefficiencies in the market for how baseball players were evaluated.
True. The Red Sox are consistently one of the biggest spenders in MLB every year. FSG did renovate their old stadium instead of moving them to a new one and under FSGs ownership, they did win the World Series after a LONG LONG time!

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I agree with the posters on here that said Klopp has been found out. No more excuses. We've lost top four tonight regardless of the 4-0 trouncing we give Arsenal next week.

So who's going to be our next manager? :(

Alabaster Codify7

My word, this is looking very tasty indeed! If Leicester can continue proving they weren't playing for Ranieri, and do these jokers over - 3pts against Bournemouth and the wheels are well and truly coming off the Scousers Klopp-Wagon!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I agree with the posters on here that said Klopp has been found out. No more excuses. We've lost top four tonight regardless of the 4-0 trouncing we give Arsenal next week.

So who's going to be our next manager? :(
Pardew is nailed on. Klopp will surely return to Germany to start his own Opel dealership.

goin4glory

Klopp excuse list:

A) Didn't have enough of a break
B) Had too much of a break
C) Sacking Ranieri was a conspiracy against Liverpool
D) I don't want to mention it again but United goal was offside
E) Wind

I'll go for both B and D.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
We'll keep Klopp for a few seasons obviously. By which time Gerrard will be ready. :devil: :nervous: :(
Reckon most of us United fans would love that just like you would love Giggs being given the job for us.

Nah, but seriously. People need to do a lineup of the 11 Klopp had at Dortmund compared to what he has now. You've spectacularly overperformed so far this season, the squad just isn't that great.

Reckon this summer will be very defining for your owners, you need expenditure on the level of United \ Citeh \ Chelsea, no dicking around with £4m defenders from BL, but actual quality brought in.

A lot of scousers ridicule us for the money we've spent on our squad, but seriously this is what it takes these days if you are building from behind, it costs about £200-300m to become competitive in the PL these days.

Sad, but true.

Oneunited26

Decent wind up in fairness but does anyone read his stuff other than our fans though?

Becoming a mouth piece for Mourinho really limits his options as a journalist.
We living in an era of players not happy with training methods, happening allot since 2013 LOL

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Klopp excuse list:

A) Didn't have enough of a break
B) Had too much of a break
C) Sacking Ranieri was a conspiracy against Liverpool
D) I don't want to mention it again but United goal was offside
E) Wind
F) Southamptons first goal was inside.

I'll go for both B and D.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

He's at it again :lol: honestly Mourinho must have the account details for that twitter

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Reckon most of us United fans would love that just like you would love Giggs being given the job for us.

Nah, but seriously. People need to do a lineup of the 11 Klopp had at Dortmund compared to what he has now. You've spectacularly overperformed so far this season, the squad just isn't that great.

Reckon this summer will be very defining for your owners, you need expenditure on the level of United \ Citeh \ Chelsea, no dicking around with £4m defenders from BL, but actual quality brought in.

A lot of scousers ridicule us for the money we've spent on our squad, but seriously this is what it takes these days if you are building from behind, it costs about £200-300m to become competitive in the PL these days.

Sad, but true.
Players is just an excuse. If Klopp can consistently make us over perform against the top six but consistently not motivate us for the bottom six then that is a serious managerial character flaw. As said: found out.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool

Sad, but true.
Agree with this. It will be a defining summer for FSG. No more going to Southampton with a blank check. Better off getting their scouts instead (will be cheaper). We had Sakho (a French International) and yet we are playing a midfielder as a CB. There was no attempt at replacing him. Moreno hasn't played this season a lot and there was no attempt at replacing him either! Looking at our bench kind of says it all. The squad is mediocre and the bench is atrocious. I think at this rate, we will be lucky to finish top 6!

Reactions: top1whoisman

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's laughable that the football world thinks he's a better manager than Mourinho.