Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
He's a fraud of a manager. Third season in charge at Liverpool now and they've got the same frailties and deficiencies as they had the day he walked in the door. There's an argument to be made Rodgers' Liverpool were more pleasing on the eye going forward, too.

Hugely disappointing for a Liverpool fan, it must be.
It is. But keep it a secret, whenever I mention I'm not a staunch Klopp worshipper or give my opinion on his faults as I see them I get hunted down by his minions :D I also can't bear to watch his press conferences or at pitchside either, he makes me cringe.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He's a fraud of a manager. Third season in charge at Liverpool now and they've got the same frailties and deficiencies as they had the day he walked in the door. There's an argument to be made Rodgers' Liverpool were more pleasing on the eye going forward, too.

Hugely disappointing for a Liverpool fan, it must be.
How do you manage to be wrong in almost every sentence?

1. He isn't a fraud of a manager by any sensible measure
2. They have absolutely improved since he's walked in the door (set pieces still remain an issue)
3. Debatable. Once Suarez left their system went to shit. Liverpool are less dependent on one player, and look the better for it
4. Most Liverpool fans I know overall are pleased with the direction their club is going in so far.

Peanut Butter

Joey Barton is an absolute c**t but speaks so much sense. Refreshing listening to him.

He is absolutely slaughtering Klopp right now.

"Not in the super manager's list."

He is giving good reasoning to why as well but I can't be arsed to post it.

Inter Yer Nan

1. He isn't a fraud of a manager by any sensible measure
2. They have absolutely improved since he's walked in the door (set pieces still remain an issue)
3. Debatable. Once Suarez left their system went to shit. Liverpool are less dependent on one player, and look the better for it
4. Most Liverpool fans I know overall are pleased with the direction their club is going in so far.
I agree to an extent, but feel their fans overstate his influence and qualities. He's a good coach, but I'm happy with him managing them and don't foresee any sort of threat with him in charge. I'd get a bit nervous if they appointed Simeone or Ancelotti, but suspect Liverpool are miles away from the type of team either of those would look at.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I agree to an extent, but feel their fans overstate his influence and qualities. He's a good coach, but I'm happy with him managing them and don't foresee any sort of threat with him in charge. I'd get a bit nervous if they appointed Simeone or Ancelotti, but suspect Liverpool are miles away from the type of team either of those would look at.
Hold the phone, you'd be more worried about us if we appointed one of the best managers in the world? Shocker.

TheReligion

Abusive
Isn't this Klopp's third season?

He's really got to do something with what is his squad now otherwise apart from looking pretty going forward are they any different to how they were under Rodgers?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Isn't this Klopp's third season?

He's really got to do something with what is his squad now otherwise apart from looking pretty going forward are they any different to how they were under Rodgers?
While the aim should be for Liverpool to win the title, I'd argue that him getting top four again and making that a more consistent achievement wouldn't be a particularly awful season for them - with the exception of in 2013/14, they've mostly been lingering between 6th-8th for the past half-decade. Obviously any ambitious Liverpool fan will be hoping for a title challenge, but I don't think he's done a terrible job if he solidifies top four. That's a big if of course, though; not sure they'll make it, albeit it'll be hard to form full opinions on the big sides until we're a bit into the season.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I hate liverpool as much as anyone here, but people overstate klopps defensive vulnerabilities and understating their attacking prowess are simply too biased and equally delusional. They will finish top 2 to 3 with or without coutinho even with or without any additonal defensive signings. Because, the rest of us didn't improve so much ourselves, if anything it remains about the same, at least at the moment.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I hate liverpool as much as anyone here, but people overstate klopps defensive vulnerabilities and understating their attacking prowess are simply too biased and equally delusional. They will finish top 2 to 3 with or without coutinho even with or without any additonal defensive signings. Because, the rest of us didn't improve so much ourselves, if anything it remains about the same, at least at the moment.
Accuses people of being biased and delusional.

Then says Liverpool finish top2 or 3 with or without Coutinho or new signings. Horrendous post.

AN17

Wtf did I just read ?
If they don't make atleast one defensive and midfield signing, and quality ones at that they won't finish top 4, never mind top 2 or 3.

They are as soft defensively as a freshly made cheesecake, their midfielders doesn't do enough to shield the defense, they overcommit men and chase the ball like energizer bunnies on red bull. There's always an oppurtunity to punish them if the other team has a bit of footballing brain and composure.

Talk about calling others delusional and then proclaiming Liverpool with still finish top 3 even if they lose one of their best players while adding none to already weak areas. They've got mid week football this season if you forgot that, and very soon they'll drop into europa after the group stages( provided they qualify today).

NoPace

I think Klopp is a very good manager and his teams are wonderful to watch, which does count for something, but I genuinely don't understand why he isn't fine with selling Coutinho for 90M and Moreno and Origi for 15M each as long as he gets to buy a replacement and 2 defenders with the money. Say they bought Seri (40), Rose (45) and Sanchez (35M) to pick the most popularly rumored players moving this week in their spots of needs.

I'd be way more confident in Liverpool challenging for a title and getting out of (and first into) the CL Group stage with the following team than their current one with Coutinho:

-------Firmino-------- (Sturridge, Solanke)
Mane-----------Salah (Firmino, Kent, Markovic)
-----Seri-Lallana----- (Winaldum)
------Henderson----- (Can)
Rose------------Clyne (Robertson, Milner)
--Matip--Sanchez---- (Lovren, Sakho, Gomez, Klavan)
-------Mignolet------- (Karius)

Keeper and DM and a 3rd winger in case Mane or Salah get hurt are real issues, but I'd be shocked if that team didn't do better than Liverpool would do with Coutinho in place of Seri (and in fairness, giving them a 3rd wing option which you need in a long season) but also Robertson, Moreno or Milner at LB, Lovren having sporadic mares at CB rather than being a decent backup.

In most sports, the manager and the GM need to be separate people for it to work. In football it seems to be mixed, but I haven't seen anything to suggest Klopp understands his team's personnel issues at their obvious problem spots or how to fix them.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think Klopp is a very good manager and his teams are wonderful to watch, which does count for something, but I genuinely don't understand why he isn't fine with selling Coutinho for 90M and Moreno and Origi for 15M each as long as he gets to buy a replacement and 2 defenders with the money. Say they bought Seri (40), Rose (45) and Sanchez (35M) to pick the most popularly rumored players moving this week in their spots of needs.

I'd be way more confident in Liverpool challenging for a title and getting out of (and first into) the CL Group stage with the following team than their current one with Coutinho:

-------Firmino-------- (Sturridge, Solanke)
Mane-----------Salah (Firmino, Kent, Markovic)
-----Seri-Lallana----- (Winaldum)
------Henderson----- (Can)
Rose------------Clyne (Robertson, Milner)
--Matip--Sanchez---- (Lovren, Sakho, Gomez, Klavan)
-------Mignolet------- (Karius)

Keeper and DM and a 3rd winger in case Mane or Salah get hurt are real issues, but I'd be shocked if that team didn't do better than Liverpool would do with Coutinho in place of Seri (and in fairness, giving them a 3rd wing option which you need in a long season) but also Robertson, Moreno or Milner at LB, Lovren having sporadic mares at CB rather than being a decent backup.

In most sports, the manager and the GM need to be separate people for it to work. In football it seems to be mixed, but I haven't seen anything to suggest Klopp understands his team's personnel issues at their obvious problem spots or how to fix them.
There's no chance that Sanchez/Rose would go to Liverpool.

I agree that there are alternatives though that are obtainable.

Sigurdson, Mahrez and a CB could be brought in from the sale of Coutinho. All are easily available and have proven PL ability.

*Apologies just saw you meant Davinson Sanchez. He'd be a good signing. They wouldn't get Rose mind.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What's your assessment based on?
They finished 4th last year with the lightest schedule of all the too 6 teams. With the exception of Chelsea and Spurs all the other three have improved their squads.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
What's your assessment based on?
They finished 4th last year with the lightest schedule of all the too 6 teams. With the exception of Chelsea and Spurs all the other three have improved their squads.
They basically have the same team that blew top teams away last season, klopp has had an extra year more to adjust to the league, mane won't be going anywhere from january to february, by the looks of it, even coutinho would stay. They added salah, looks good, defensive frailties aside, they are now very good. Alot depends on europe and getting the defenders in though. We substituted a 25 goal striker with another, and added a midfield steel, and many of us already assumed a decent title challenge, why can't they?

Djemba-Djemba

They basically have the same team that blew top teams away last season, klopp has had an extra year more to adjust to the league, mane won't be going anywhere from january to february, by the looks of it, even coutinho would stay. They added salah, looks good, defensive frailties aside, they are now very good. Alot depends on europe and getting the defenders in though. We substituted a 25 goal striker with another, and added a midfield steel, and many of us already assumed a decent title challenge, why can't they?
Also the same team that lost to Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea, Hull, Southampton etc.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I'd prefer Liverpool qualified to be honest.
Me too. I enjoyed our Europa League run the other year and our victores over Utd and Dortmund were special nights but I prefer the Champions League theme tune to the Europa one. And I hate Thursday night football as well

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Me too. I enjoyed our Europa League run the other year and our victores over Utd and Dortmund were special nights but I prefer the Champions League theme tune to the Europa one. And I hate Thursday night football as well
Passive aggressive, nice.

Kag

How can you say "defensive frailties aside" as if it means nothing? It's a huge problem. It's the reason they won't compete for the title.

TheReligion

Abusive
I take it you didn't see the Watford game?

Sad Chris

Because we obviously punched below our weight whereas they played about as good as their team ever will. Bullshit they are very good. Most of their players wouldn't stand out if they played for a mid-table club. Oh, hold on...

cyberman

Football doesn't reset. Clubs won't forget how to play against Liverpool just because it's a new season

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Passive aggressive, nice.
Not really is it.. can't you tell that it was a tongue in cheek post? Clearly I would love us to be back in the Champions League but saying that, those Europa matches against you and Dortmund were special nights that we haven't seen at Anfield for quite a long time now

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Not really is it.. can't you tell that it was a tongue in cheek post? Clearly I would love us to be back in the Champions League but saying that, those Europa matches against you and Dortmund were special nights that we haven't seen at Anfield for quite a long time now
All good :) If you don't qualify do you go into Europa League?

"It's not fair. Watford scored offside goal like United did last season"

DavidDeSchmikes

Was I happy with the start of the game? No,' Klopp added. 'We had pre-season where it is clear how we want to defend.

'In the end it is not fair. I don't imagine many people wrote that we won 3-2 according to the rules but, like Manchester United last year, their goal was offside.

'We can either allow the pressure on this game to increase to the extent that we cannot walk any more, or we try to enjoy this opportunity.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...orts-fail-offer-safe-refuge-Jurgen-Klopp.html

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I've seen nothing in three seasons in charge to change my opinion of him. Your ham-fisted attempt at a defence wasn't convincing either. Yourself and Klopp seem quite compatible.

As for my 'fraud' claim, there's several weaknesses in his managerial acumen which, bizarrely, are almost wilfully neglected when he's discussed:

• His transfer record in charge of Liverpool is appalling
• His defensive set-up is a disgrace for a club supposedly intent on winning titles
• His man-management skills are literally non-existent, e.g. his stubborn handling of the Sakho situation
• He has resorted back to a) Mignolet, and b) Moreno when he decided twelve months ago that both weren't good enough. Bizarrely, as Klopp is plainly bizarre himself, it's in total contrast to the banishment Sakho has suffered

Last edited:

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
I mean it was offside :lol: but I don't know why he had to mention it now. If anything he should have mentioned it when we are gearing up to face you lot in Sep.