Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

macheda14

5. Ronaldo was sent off for handball in one match during Nov 2008. The following excuses were used: It was an act of self-defence; Ronaldo thought he heard a whistle; Ronaldo was pushed; It was the crowds fault; The decision was harsh as he hadn't 'punched' the ball
I mean when you watch the replay it does sound like a whistle is blown. He literally catches the ball when going to attack a corner. There would be no advantage gained, so why would you catch the ball? Quite a weird example to use.

NinjaFletch

Of course it's true.. You don't like our managers, that's just the way it is. It's also true, that you would have loved him, had he been your manager.
On recent evidence I suspect he'd be disliked even more.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It would have been a great response if he was talking about another manager who had won feck all and bottled every major final he had been in.

But he is comparing Klopp to the greatest manager in british football history, so yeah.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if they didn't do ridiculous stuff like this

Art Vandelay

Ialways thought he was a bit of a goon, check out this interview from 2013
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league particularly the Kagawa quote

“He hits his head with his palm. "Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji's best role. He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw. But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each others' arms, when he left. “
:lol: Cried in each others arms for 20 minutes. He seems to be emotionally unbalanced.

Aloysius's Back 3

Of course it's true.. You don't like our managers, that's just the way it is. It's also true, that you would have loved him, had he been your manager.
Definitely.

It's just shooting ourselves in the foot pretending that our fans would not have loved Klopp's family style management & his own version of them vs us movement that he has.

80% of this forum loved Jose mourinho for the exact same reason that stood alongside his trophie history - so I doubt klopp would have been seen any different.

Plus I don't get this trophie less football that is being associated with Klopp? Didn't he win the league title twice & also win like 3 German cups? Losing a champions league final is hardly a collapse - it's happened to nearly every club that has won one too.

Fridge chutney

It's such a baseless kop out argument, and also untrue. Many of us don't hate him. We just think he's a cringe merchant and poor sport and he struggles to prove us Wrong. But I guess it's easier to point and laugh at United fans and dismiss their opinion and pretend everyone loves your manager and team.

Member 114837

It's such a baseless kop out argument, and also untrue. Many of us don't hate him. We just think he's a cringe merchant and poor sport and he struggles to prove us Wrong. But I guess it's easier to point and laugh at United fans and dismiss their opinion and pretend everyone loves your manager and team.
I agree on that completely. Klopp brings some ridiculous argument to the forefront. But some of the comments from United fans on Klopp here smells of nothing but Jealousy and complete bias. It happens with famous individuals, they keep getting judged by others who have no chance of reaching there. To be frank, as much as I have the grudging respect for Sir Alex being probably amongst the top 5 all time managers, I sometimes found his actions cringe-worthy as well and sometimes very snooty.

Among managers it's only those who have not achieved the pinnacle but did good with their resources are seen with a romanticist eye, like Sir Bobby Robson in England or Tele Santana in Brazil.

That said, both Liverpool and united fan-base have their fair share of nincompoops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to like him or our team. Why would you?! But some of the harsh statements in here is clearly biased because he is our manager. He does use some poor excuses now and then, but every word he says is highlighted and twisted to make it more cringe than it is. Show me a manager who doesn't make excuses when his team loses?

I don't mind though. It's fine. The better we perform, the more hate he gets. But don't pretend, that the outrage towards him has nothing to do with him being our manager. Of course it has. Like it was with Rodgers and Benitez before him.

Like I said.. You don't like our managers. We don't like yours either. Just the way it is. It's hard to dislike Solskjaer for now, but if he gets the job permanent, he will get there too eventually.

Irrational.

I don't think it'll take much to destabilise Liverpool's title charge. Klopp already looks like he's on the edge and Liverpool are playing with an air of nervousness even though we're only at the beginning of Feb. Sir Alex used to say the pressure is really felt from March.

A couple of dodgy results and they'll start to stutter and possibly even bottle this.

Obi-Red-Kenobi

Supports
Liverpool
Still top of the league though. Still top of the league.

Man City were accused of growing the grass to play Liverpool, but no one mentions that on here. Koop denies it. It might have happened, but who cares if it does. What’s the problem with gaining an advantage?

When Rooney, Ronaldo
Ialways thought he was a bit of a goon, check out this interview from 2013
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league particularly the Kagawa quote

“He hits his head with his palm. "Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji's best role. He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw. But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each others' arms, when he left. “
Maybe that’s why players love playing for Klopp. ‘Manager cares for his players shocker’ Seriously, what is he playing at, why would he actually want to like his players and want them to do well. It’s plain stupid.

clarkydaz

So he cried before Kagawa left and cried while he was playing for Moyes. He must be all cried out now surely

Kag

This ‘hatred’ for Klopp is so forced. He manages Liverpool, which automatically means you dislike him (in tribal football terms, of course) but outside of being a little bit dramatic and mildly irritating, he’s a fairly inoffensive fella. Who just happens to manage an increasingly successful Liverpool side. And even this Liverpool team is inoffensive. It’s boring and bland. There’s nobody to ‘hate’.

The Premier League was desperate for collosal managerial showdowns and it never quite materialised, did it? Klopp is - at worst - a bit of a tit. Guardiola could send a glass eye to sleep. Mourinho had lost any spark he ever did have.

It makes you long for the days of United and Arsenal; a time we’ll look back on as the peak of Premier League football.

Fridge chutney

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to like him or our team. Why would you?! But some of the harsh statements in here is clearly biased because he is our manager. He does use some poor excuses now and then, but every word he says is highlighted and twisted to make it more cringe than it is. Show me a manager who doesn't make excuses when his team loses?

I don't mind though. It's fine. The better we perform, the more hate he gets. But don't pretend, that the outrage towards him has nothing to do with him being our manager. Of course it has. Like it was with Rodgers and Benitez before him.

Like I said.. You don't like our managers. We don't like yours either. Just the way it is. It's hard to dislike Solskjaer for now, but if he gets the job permanent, he will get there too eventually.
To be honest if Solskjaer starts blaming wind and offside goals etc then I would be disappointed. He actually told reporters that one of our goals was offside and we were lucky! The man is the definition of humble.

Anyway, I'm sure you know this by now but you'll need thick skin to be on a United forum as a Liverpool supporter. If the worst we can do is moan about Klopp a bit, your club is doing something right.

Fridge chutney

I agree on that completely. Klopp brings some ridiculous argument to the forefront. But some of the comments from United fans on Klopp here smells of nothing but Jealousy and complete bias. It happens with famous individuals, they keep getting judged by others who have no chance of reaching there. To be frank, as much as I have the grudging respect for Sir Alex being probably amongst the top 5 all time managers, I sometimes found his actions cringe-worthy as well and sometimes very snooty.

Among managers it's only those who have not achieved the pinnacle but did good with their resources are seen with a romanticist eye, like Sir Bobby Robson in England or Tele Santana in Brazil.

That said, both Liverpool and united fan-base have their fair share of nincompoops.
That's a pretty strange and disingenuous line of reasoning. Klopp gets criticised therefore people are jealous of his achievements in management because they couldn't do the same? How many aspirational football managers do you think Redcafe houses?
I'm actually David Moyes.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'The Everton cat ate our homework.'

MikeeMike

“before Kagawa left and cried while he was playing for Moyes. He must be all cried out now surely”

brilliant

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
'My tears waterlogged the pitch.'

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
To be honest if Solskjaer starts blaming wind and offside goals etc then I would be disappointed. He actually told reporters that one of our goals was offside and we were lucky! The man is the definition of humble.

Anyway, I'm sure you know this by now but you'll need thick skin to be on a United forum as a Liverpool supporter. If the worst we can do is moan about Klopp a bit, your club is doing something right.
Let's see how humble he is, when the pressure sets in. When he's in a titlerace or going through a bad patch. The thing is, if Solskjaer is succesful, you don't really care what he says. If Mourinho, LVG or Moyes had been succesful, you wouldn't either.

I know it takes some thick skin being a LFC supporter on the Café. I accept that. I will give something back now and then though, so you all don't get too bored in here ;).

Member 114837

That's a pretty strange and disingenuous line of reasoning. Klopp gets criticised therefore people are jealous of his achievements in management because they couldn't do the same? How many aspirational football managers do you think Redcafe houses?
Going by the posts, atleast lot of keyboard managers, if not aspirational. And it is not something intrinsic to redcafe as well.

Sorry if I put my statements in wrong sequence, but in no way I am defending Klopp here. I just wanted to point out that successful people are almost always loathed by some portion of the public, rightly or wrongly. Happens in every profession. Regarding football managers, it is also bound to happen, especially for successful managers.

P.S: And yes, successful people get more scrutinized because they are successful.

Bola

Going by the posts, atleast lot of keyboard managers, if not aspirational. And it is not something intrinsic to redcafe as well.

Sorry if I put my statements in wrong sequence, but in no way I am defending Klopp here. I just wanted to point out that successful people are almost always loathed by some portion of the public, rightly or wrongly. Happens in every profession. Regarding football managers, it is also bound to happen, especially for successful managers.

P.S: And yes, successful people get more scrutinized because they are successful.
But Klopp hasn't been successful at Liverpool?

The only thing he has added to the trophy cabinet is condensation from his breath

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I have no idea how intelligent Klopp is but I do think you are doing him disservice by calling him “basic” considering his merits. I can’t imagine a manager of his quality being as tactically inept as you seem to insinuate.

As for his Dortmund time, I don’t know what he was like as I don’t follow the Bundesliga, nevermind watch interviews with the managers.
Just watched that ‘I almost cried’ clip and yeah, it’s a bit corny:lol:
Who said he was tactically inept? He's lost so many cup finals, his big game management is questionable and that largely has to do with thoroughness in tactical preparation. I think it's quite clear that Klopp doesn't have the tactical awareness of the elite managers. That doesn't mean he knows nothing about tactics, there are degrees to this.

Put it simply, If i were to pick out the brightest football minds since the 21st century, Klopp would not even be considered. That doesnt mean he's a bad coach, that's just not his strength. He is a good motivator and adapts to his players well, that makes him a good coach.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Who said he was tactically inept? He's lost so many cup finals, his big game management is questionable and that largely has to do with thoroughness in tactical preparation. I think it's quite clear that Klopp doesn't have the tactical awareness of the elite managers. That doesn't mean he knows nothing about tactics, there are degrees to this.

Put it simply, If i were to pick out the brightest football minds since the 21st century, Klopp would not even be considered. That doesnt mean he's a bad coach, that's just not his strength. He is a good motivator and adapts to his players well, that makes him a good coach.
I mean I get you a bit but his teams in finals have pretty much always been worse than their opponents in quality.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I mean I get you a bit but his teams in finals have pretty much always been worse than their opponents in quality.
Right and them being inferior on the day is just an unavoidable truth, managers can't really do much about that, cup upsets aren't something that happens every season.

Remember that manager Unai Emery that beat Klopp in the EL final? He won 3 finals on the bounce but that was just down to the mighty Sevilla. All Klopp needed was a world class team to not lose 6 finals in a row.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Watch him dodge all questions regarding the offside tonight. cnut.
"I haven't seen it, I really can't telly ou anything about it, hahahahah, but, we need bit of luck, cause of the snow, wind, rain, sprinklers..that Valencia offside."

"The smell of the supporters made it difficult for us"
"Those bubbles..... I've never seen anything like it, could'n concentrate, and my players were a bit lost! Is that allowed in Premier league? hahahahahahaha, should not be"