Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Weather forecast for wednesday night, Munich-Fröttmaning:

Wind will come from all directions.

We're only used to summer & sunshine in Liverpool, it'll be the first time many of our players will see this thing called snow.

Klopp should ask to postpone this game, really :wenger:

mav_9me

Very touchy in his pre-match press conference in Munich. Feeling the pressure Jurgen? :smirk::lol:
I don't understand. Something lost in translation? This seems a straightforward slam dunk question.

Edit:
Saw the replies in twitter thread. It appears the question was would it help Liverpool's fight for EPL if they lost to Bayern. His reply was a dig at gary neville.

I thought the question was more of would it help to win against Bayern and figured a stock answer of yeah, momentum/confidence would suffice instead of this and so was confused.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"United scored offside goal"
"United play long balls"
"I will quit football if we start paying fees like United did for Pogba"
"United pundits don't want us to win"

Such an inferiority complex. If the dippers spent half the time focusing on their own team instead of always playing the victim and blaming United, they might have won a trophy once in a while. We've been awful for 6 years now but still managed to win the league, both domestic cups and the EL since last time Klopp/Liverpool won anything of note.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
"United scored offside goal"
"United play long balls"
"I will quit football if we start paying fees like United did for Pogba"
"United pundits don't want us to win"

Such an inferiority complex. If the dippers spent half the time focusing on their own team instead of always playing the victim and blaming United, they might have won a trophy once in a while. We've been awful for 6 years now but still managed to win the league, both domestic cups and the EL since last time Klopp/Liverpool won anything of note.
It's really weird for him to focus on where a pundit played during his career. Does he even know the sh*t we've had to endure from former Liverpool players since the dawn of the Premier League Era? I wonder if Flopp still thinks Gary Neville was wrong about Loris Karius?

Djemba-Djemba

He's got some fecking cheek moaning about Utd player pundits.

If you played 5 games for Liverpool you get an automatic contract from Sky or BT or BBC etc.

shaky

I don't understand. Something lost in translation? This seems a straightforward slam dunk question.

Edit:
Saw the replies in twitter thread. It appears the question was would it help Liverpool's fight for EPL if they lost to Bayern. His reply was a dig at gary neville.

I thought the question was more of would it help to win against Bayern and figured a stock answer of yeah, momentum/confidence would suffice instead of this and so was confused.
I don't understand why he got salty about that comment from Gary. When Liverpool get dumped out of the domestic trophies early on every season, almost everyone connected with the club claim that it's a blessing in disguise.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
He set Liverpool up very well in Munich.
He's got a 100% record so far in European knockout football since he joined Liverpool. Considering we've played Dortmund, United, City and Munich in that time, he's done well.
The run will come to an end sometime (probably the quarter-finals now I've said this) but he seems to know how to get a result over 2 legs.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's got a 100% record so far in European knockout football since he joined Liverpool. Considering we've played Dortmund, United, City and Munich in that time, he's done well.
The run will come to an end sometime (probably the quarter-finals now I've said this) but he seems to know how to get a result over 2 legs.
Real Madrid last year? Knocked out in the final :angel:

No I agree, he seems to set his team very well to play 180 minutes of football. You always feel like Liverpool are in the tie even when they've just conceded.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How many trophies?
Liverpool has taken part in 3 cup finals under Klopp's leadership and subsequently lost them all, he also managed to lose 3 out of the 4 cup finals that his Dortmund team were involved in. This has led some people to believe that Klopp is a fraud or a bottler or simply a shite football manager. The debate rages on.

Hope this helps.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He's been to six major cup finals without oil money, or in direct opposition to it, and he's a failure? I sincerely, sincerely hope Utd and Jose can heal their their differences and have him back at the helm soon. Winner!

Paul_Scholes18

He is a very good manager. Really got Liverpool up to the top.

Getting Mane, Firmino, Salah, Van Dijk and Allison is very good buys. Also Robertson and Matip have been good too.

I guess Keita and Ox seem to be the failures they have in terms of buying. That creativity from midfield is something they lack sometimes and those two would be able to give them that.
Although with Ox it is just bad luck.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's been to six major cup finals without oil money, or in direct opposition to it, and he's a failure? I sincerely, sincerely hope Utd and Jose can heal their their differences and have him back at the helm soon. Winner!
Since Klopp began his reign as Liverpool manager, they have outspent every club in the PL apart from Man City.

Liverpool: £410m - United £392 - The Rest: no idea.

He hasn't won a single trophy after spending £400+ Million in the transfer market, I would say that amounts to failure.

However, Jose managed to win two trophies during his ill-fated stint as United manager, yet he was also considered to be a failure.

CognitiveNeuro

Since Klopp began his reign as Liverpool manager, they have outspent every club in the PL apart from Man City.

He hasn't won a single trophy after spending £400+ Million in the transfer market, I would say that amounts to failure.

However, Jose managed to win two trophies during his ill-fated stint as United manager, yet he was also considered to be a failure.
What's the net spend? Liverpool spent that much because of getting a lot of money from the Coutinho sale.
What do you expect them to do with the money? Not spend it? Give it to the owners?

Negan

What's the net spend? Liverpool spent that much because of getting a lot of money from the Coutinho sale.
What do you expect them to do with the money? Not spend it? Give it to the owners?
Net spend is only for selling clubs.

United’s net spend will never be low because we don’t sell players in their prime like Liverpool do.

Far ahead of United. Will be the dominant European team for years to come

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

OK. He's brought Liverpool far ahead of united which is plain to see and he's got Liverpool challenging the greatest team in PL history for the league. OH and it looks like Liverpool again will be the dominant team in Europe for some years to come. I just hope Liverpool get to play united in Europe this time around.

haram

OK. He's brought Liverpool far ahead of united which is plain to see and he's got Liverpool challenging the greatest team in PL history for the league. OH and it looks like Liverpool again will be the dominant team in Europe for some years to come. I just hope Liverpool get to play united in Europe this time around.
Just last season United finished ahead of Liverpool. City are not the greatest team in PL history. You are not dominant in Europe. I hope we face each other in Europe as well so we can dump you out.

MDFC Manager

:lol:

Good ol njred.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I was going to give him and Liverpool credit till I read that apprently they're going to be THE dominant club in Europe now after beating a past it Bayern. :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
:lol: Deluded as ever.

mav_9me

I see very few teams ever that can say that let alone this Liverpool. I am going to assume you are wumming here.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I love Liverpool fans.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool

So you'd take Mourinho back then? You don't consider him a failure? He's spent 18m more than you guys hardly a massive amount, but it's not as simple as that is it. Look at the team he inherited and the team now. he's transformed us.

United fans keep talking about winning trophies, yet sacked Mourinho a manager known to win trophies and hired a guy who has never won anything at the top level as a manager and United fans couldn't be happier. If fans can clearly see improvement year on year as it is with Klopp they will not deem him as a failure.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Net spend does matter. If you sell for 400 million players and buy 400 million players it's not a given that your team is improved. If you bring in players for 400 million without selling any then most likely your squad will be improved. It's not rocket science really.

When we sold Ronaldo and lost Tevez, we bought in Valencia and michael owen. We had spent some money, but was the team improved? No, we had a negative netspend and did not bring players able to replace the ones that left.

roonster09

Scout
Net spend does matter. If you sell for 400 million players and buy 400 million players it's not a given that your team is improved. If you bring in players for 400 million without selling any then most likely your squad will be improved. It's not rocket science really.

When we sold Ronaldo and lost Tevez, we bought in Valencia and michael owen. We had spent some money, but was the team improved? No, we had a negative netspend and did not bring players able to replace the ones that left.
So if Solskjaer sell some player for 40 million and sign only 1 player for say 50 million, do we ignore all the spending by previous manager and say "Ole did fantastic job by spending nothing" or do we consider the squad value?

This is what happened with managers like Klopp and Poch. All the money spent 1 or 2 seasons before he was hired is ignored.

Gehrman

So if Solskjaer sell some player for 40 million and sign only 1 player for say 50 million, do we ignore all the spending by previous manager and say "Ole did fantastic job by spending nothing" or do we consider the squad value?

This is what happened with managers like Klopp and Poch. All the money spent 1 or 2 seasons before he was hired is ignored.
No course of not, it's just that netspend matters in the context. Klopp did not take over an amazing squad, but has spent his money well and has his team in the title race and progressing in CL again.

I don't think anyone says that Zidane is the best manager of all time because he won 1 liga and 3 CL's in a row without spending a dime, because everyone knows he took over one of the best if not the best squad in the world that didn't need investment.

roonster09

Scout
No course of not, it's just that netspend matters in the context. Klopp did not take over an amazing squad, but has spent his money well and has his team in the title race and progressing in CL again.

I don't think anyone says that Zidane is the best manager of all time because he won 1 liga and 3 CL's in a row without spending a dime, because everyone knows he took over one of the best if not the best squad in the world that didn't need investment.
Yeah, so he took over a team that spent around 250 million in last 2 seasons and this was before Neymar deal. He had a player who was worth 150 million or 1 club stupid enough to pay so much for 1 player. why should he get credit for Coutinho when it was Rodgers who signed him?

If we are talking about Liverpool, yeah. They did really well in market with buys and sales but why should Klopp get credit for player he didn't sign?

Ban

We should pack it in boys. We'll face a Liverpool domination for years to come. It's not enough they have the best players in world for every position.

It will be so sweet if they end up with nothing this year. All this cocky Liverpool fans will disappear for a while. Honorable exception to the likes of @Klopper76 and...
Well that's about it.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Net spend is only for selling clubs.

United’s net spend will never be low because we don’t sell players in their prime like Liverpool do.
Also, why does anyone care about net spend? Honestly, if it's that important to people they should be more interested in the general financial profits/losses of their club and realise transfers aren't happening in some weird vacuum. Having pride in Klopp having a lower net spend because Liverpool sold Coutinho is the same as a Man Utd fan referencing a huge sponsorship agreement that dwarfs Liverpool's - it's irrelevant.

What matters broadly speaking is how a team plays (Klopp gets a tick here), how much money a manger spends on signings and how those signings do (another tick) and, most importantly, what they win (which is where Klopp fires a blank).

Gehrman

Yeah, so he took over a team that spent around 250 million in last 2 seasons and this was before Neymar deal. He had a player who was worth 150 million or 1 club stupid enough to pay so much for 1 player. why should he get credit for Coutinho when it was Rodgers who signed him?

If we are talking about Liverpool, yeah. They did really well in market with buys and sales but why should Klopp get credit for player he didn't sign?
I'm not giving him credit for signing coutinho since he didn't. It's just that the money, he has spent, he has spent well. Try and look at the difference Salah and mane makes for their teams compared to Lukaku, who was much expensive.

Mourinho also took over an expensive team by Van Gaal, but still had to splash the clash to improve it. It's up to debate how succesfull his transfers are.

You also have to taken in account with Liverpools spending before Klopp, they have sold players like Suarez and Sterling for big fee's. At the time anyway.

roonster09

Scout
I'm not giving him credit for signing coutinho since he didn't. It's just that the money, he has spent, he has spent well. Try and look at the difference Salah and mane makes for their teams compared to Lukaku, who was much expensive.

Mourinho also took over an expensive team by Van Gaal, but still had to splash the clash to improve it. It's up to debate how succesfull his transfers are.

You also have to taken in account with Liverpools spending before Klopp, they have sold players like Suarez and Sterling for big fee's. At the time anyway.
Yeah but saying Klopp spent 400 million really well is different from Klopp didn't spend much money because of net spend.

Your last point, I have already said if we are talking about Liverpool then yeah well done for doing well in transfer market. Nothing to do with Klopp and his net spend.

Gehrman

Also, why does anyone care about net spend? Honestly, if it's that important to people they should be more interested in the general financial profits/losses of their club and realise transfers aren't happening in some weird vacuum. Having pride in Klopp having a lower net spend because Liverpool sold Coutinho is the same as a Man Utd fan referencing a huge sponsorship agreement that dwarfs Liverpool's - it's irrelevant.

What matters broadly speaking is how a team plays (Klopp gets a tick here), how much money a manger spends on signings and how those signings do (another tick) and, most importantly, what they win (which is where Klopp fires a blank).
Because all clubs apart from the very richest work on a budget. I don't think it's about pride in having a low netspend, it's just that being succesfull while having a low net spend shows more about the managers ability to get the best out of his players and fx the manager of PSG who spend 200 million on neymar and 160 million on mpabbe. It's not a great achievement winning the league when you have blank check book to buy the best players.