Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Redcy

My honest guess if there is no controversy, would be he will blame it on injuries and COVID, completely ignoring the fact that its normal to get injuries and they did extremely well to have so few last year.

Redcy

he might even go for the less obvious "we should not be finishing the season this year, lets null and void the league"

Crustanoid

"Great" teams win easily against bottom half teams and perform well in games against the top sides / sides which are playing well this season, and blah blah blah, self-entitled waffle
Your team has literally won one league title in 30 years, and that has a massive asterisk next to it. Indeed for all we know that could be the last one for another 30 years.

You’re in the wrong place to be lecturing people about great teams as most of our fans (bar younger age groups) have prior knowledge of what it takes to not only win a title but also sustain multiple league titles over periods of time.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Your team has literally won one league title in 30 years, and that has a massive asterisk next to it. Indeed for all we know that could be the last one for another 30 years.

You’re in the wrong place to be lecturing people about great teams as most of our fans (bar younger age groups) have prior knowledge of what it takes to not only win a title but also sustain multiple league titles over periods of time.
Oh feck me. As if the team you support has to be great itself in order for you to understand (or argue, you don't have to agree with my take) what it takes to be considered a great team :lol: Your sense of superiority is totally misplaced.

Denis' cuff

fecking Clattenberg. Loves a headline, the prick.

wasnt he the ref who joined the Liverpool squad on their charted plane to the Far East on a pre-season jolly then awarded them 3 pens and sent Vidi coff at OT?

Look at Uniteds penalty record under Fergie. Less than Liverpool and is more memorable for the ones we didn’t get.

Shimo

fecking Clattenberg. Loves a headline, the prick.

wasnt he the ref who joined the Liverpool squad on their charted plane to the Far East on a pre-season jolly then awarded them 3 pens and sent Vidi coff at OT?
He actually mentions that in that Daily Mail article. He is only ref who gave 3 penalties at OT - and it was for Liverpool but, that probably wouldn't have happened with Fergie.

But, beyond his own failings, rightly also calling out Klopp for his hypocrisy and also blatant attempt to try influence before a big game. If anything hopefully will have an effect of canceling the noise out from Klopp, even better if now it goes in our favor.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Well, it's clear now what needs to happen. United should be stripped of all titles between 1997 and 2013. It's only fair.

Redfrog

Fair enough, won't argue with that, but it seems a bit like a rose tinted representation to me.

Needed an injury time winner to beat Wolves, went 2-0 down to the bottom team in the league, went down 2-0 against Soton and needed an injury time winner, couldn't beat City at home, couldn't hold your lead against Leicester, needed a (debatable, or so I've read) penalty to beat Villa and a deflected goal to beat Burnley last night (yes yes, Maguire's goal was perfectly fine, I know).

"Great" teams win easily against bottom half teams and perform well in games against the top sides / sides which are playing well this season, and you could argue that you've done neither. Something you blasted Liverpool for last season (or two seasons ago, can't remember) was all the 1-0s and one-goal margin victories against the bottom sides, and that's what happened for you guys against WBA, Sheffield, Burnley, (also Wolves, Villa and Soton but they're top half right now so). That shows that you've (imo) not really been great, but rather have been great at grinding out results - which, credit where credit due, is "a sign of champions" or whatever you wanna call it, it's what Liverpool excelled at last season.

You don't go on a W9D2L0 streak since Nov 1 if you're not a good team - you clearly are. But forgive me to say that you don't look like you're anything special, like how City dominated in years past or like Liverpool looked unstoppable in the first half of last season. Your run is undeniably very good though, but the fact that I read on here, by Utd fans, that "you've yet to really click, and just wait until that happens" shows that you're not that great yet. Liverpool is 3 points behind and have been poor for large periods of the season, so the reasoning "we're top so we're great" (not saying that you've made that one) doesn't hold up for me, a team can easily be tops or thereabouts right now without having been great at all.

You could look at it from two perspectives imo - you've not really been great and even then you've put together a great streak in itself, so you could be scary once you really hit it off. If you believe that narrative, you're most definitely going to be in the title race. Or you could argue that you're a good team on a good streak that had a bit of luck here and there, and that this streak is an anomaly which is bound to correct itself sooner or later.

Beat us on Sunday and that'd be a serious statement.
Bla bla bla. No United fan are saying we are a great team yet. We know what a great team looks like, we had many who achieved much more then your best team in 30 years.

Forget us to be excited after a great run and being top of the league. Which we haven't been since SAF retired. We are on an United forum after all. Most of us don't think we are even favorites to win the league. So I don't see your point.

But we are the youngest team in the league and on the up so the futur looks bright.

And saying a great team blow smaller teams away is not true in this league, not on a regular basis anyway. You had a lot of results like us last year but you don't seem to remember.

By the way, greatest team in my view are not the ones with the most of points in the league but the ones with multiple trophies. So I don't think your team from the two last years and City were that great. Not as great as United 99 and 08 any way. It is something else to win the treble or the double.

Denis' cuff

Bla bla bla. No United fan are saying we are a great team yet. We know what a great team looks like, we had many who achieved much more then your best team in 30 years.

Forget us to be excited after a great run and being top of the league. Which we haven't been since SAF retired. We are on an United forum after all. Most of us don't think we are even favorites to win the league. So I don't see your point.

But we are the youngest team in the league and on the up so the futur looks bright.

And saying a great team blow smaller teams away is not true in this league, not on a regular basis anyway. You had a lot of results like us last year but you don't seem to remember.

By the way, greatest team in my view are not the ones with the most of points in the league but the ones with multiple trophies. So I don't think your team from the two last years and City were that great. Not as great as United 99 and 08 any way. It is something else to win the treble or the double.
or 3 titles on the bounce (how many times?) and only an injury time goal from the Berts prevented how many on the bounce when they won on goal difference?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
McAteer saying we’re in a “false” position at the top. I don’t know why the likes of Neville bother to try so hard not to be biased when there’s so many scouse clowns who shamelessly mouth off.

These are the same lot who fancied they were going to win everything when they were shit and it was only down to the referees they didn’t. So now they’re actually league champions it’s no surprise they’re thinking it’s all a conspiracy that they’re struggling tbf.

romufc

Needed an injury time winner to beat Wolves, went 2-0 down to the bottom team in the league, went down 2-0 against Soton and needed an injury time winner, couldn't beat City at home, couldn't hold your lead against Leicester, needed a (debatable, or so I've read) penalty to beat Villa and a deflected goal to beat Burnley last night (yes yes, Maguire's goal was perfectly fine, I know).
:lol: :lol:

Coming from you?

95th Min debatable pen V Leicester last season
93rd min winner v Villa
Needed Fabianksi to make 2 mistakes to score V West Ham
Needed Henderson to make mistake to beat SU
Needed VAR luck to beat city (handball)

WakeAndBeek

I remember being told by a German football fan that Klopp was hated by the majority in the country while he was at Dortmund, and didn’t believe it since he was portrayed by the English press as a jolly, down to earth, respectful man.

...now I fully understand what he was talking about.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

My point? I didn't have a point. I just posted that I didn't think you were anything special and that's what started all this. I get that you are excited, rightfully so. And I don't think Liverpool 20 were a greater side than Utd 99 or 08 either.

:lol: :lol:

Coming from you?

95th Min debatable pen V Leicester last season
93rd min winner v Villa
Needed Fabianksi to make 2 mistakes to score V West Ham
Needed Henderson to make mistake to beat SU
Needed VAR luck to beat city (handball)
Combined with a crazy unbeaten streak and commanding wins against all other contenders (City 3-0, Leicester 0-4 off the top of my head, with victories at Chelsea and against Arsenal very early in the season). Remind me which Utd victory was a statement of intent like that? The 6-2 against the almighty Leeds probably comes closest.

romufc

Combined with a crazy unbeaten streak and commanding wins against all other contenders (City 3-0, Leicester 0-4 off the top of my head, with victories at Chelsea and against Arsenal very early in the season). Remind me which Utd victory was a statement of intent like that? The 6-2 against the almighty Leeds probably comes closest.
Never said we have made any intent.. I am just pointing out the simple facts that when Liverpool get a bit of luck its intent but when another team does it, you want to put it down?

Losing 3-0 to a team that got relegated too..

Liverpool were one of the favs last season to win the league and this year too, so I don't really care how we get our results. We can win all our games 1-0 int he 90th minute for all I care.

There is no written rule to say to get lucky with a 1-0 win you have to win 4 4-0 games.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
There is no written rule to say to get lucky with a 1-0 win you have to win 4 4-0 games.
Of course not. There's also no written rule that says it requires a great team to win the league. Don't expect me to call this United side great if you can't win against top opposition and grind out small victories against the bottom half of the league. You'd be deserved league winners if you end up winning the league in that case, sure enough and congrats, but that also doesn't equal a great team. I guess there are plenty of people on here who still think Liverpool 19/20 weren't a great team, and that's fair enough too. Leicester weren't a great team either to me when they won the league, just the best of an average bunch. Doesn't mean they didn't deserve it or that it was not an incredible achievement.

romufc

Of course not. There's also no written rule that says it requires a great team to win the league. Don't expect me to call this United side great if you can't win against top opposition and grind out small victories against the bottom half of the league. You'd be deserved league winners if you end up winning the league in that case, sure enough and congrats, but that also doesn't equal a great team. I guess there are plenty of people on here who still think Liverpool 19/20 weren't a great team, and that's fair enough too. Leicester weren't a great team either to me when they won the league, just the best of an average bunch. Doesn't mean they didn't deserve it or that it was not an incredible achievement.
Fair enough.. tbh I couldn't care less if anyone called us great or not if we won it. I don't think this is a great united team, it has lots of holes in it, which is why if we somehow managed to do it, it would be a great achievement.

Mindhunter

Oh!!! We are devastated. Don't do this to us please!! We desperately need your approval and validation to feel better about our team. Please reconsider.

On a serious note: your long post does sound a little bit like sour grapes where you quote individual results to prove that United's run has elements of luck involved which is as generic a statement as it can get. Of course we have quite a bit of road to travel to be able to dominate a game against Man City or Liverpool but none of us are bothered about that right now. We are making progress, that's it. We can leave the legacy of being a "great team" for later.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
On a serious note: your long post does sound a little bit like sour grapes where you quote individual results to prove that United's run has elements of luck involved which is as generic a statement as it can get. Of course we have quite a bit of road to travel to be able to dominate a game against Man City or Liverpool but none of us are bothered about that right now. We are making progress, that's it. We can leave the legacy of being a "great team" for later.
Was definitely not meant to sound like that, I didn't bring it up myself but rather as a a counter-argument, playing devil's advocate in my response to someone who thought that you had been great this season. Let me just say that I 100% agree that you have all the reasons to be enthousiast and optimistic about your team right now - you're top of the league (and most fans rightfully won't care how you got there) and your team has a lot of potential.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Some massive over rating of TAA on here , he has been really found out this year without VVD covering for him at the back. He is all about delivery in attacking areas but is shite defensively which is ok when you have got someone decent covering you at the back .
Agree with this, he's a good player but he's basically a midfielder playing at fullback in a system that made him look excellent and somewhat hid his weaknesses. He's not an excellent fullback.

Heinzesight

The second sentence in quotation marks is not in the article :confused:
It’s in the Daily Mail version.

But anyway, he’s saying that ‘aura’ or belief we got all the decisions has eased, not that the favourable decisions have become less. You’ve got pricks like ex-Liverpool Didi Hamann losing his shit on Twitter about it, scousers frothing at the mouth (pretty easy with that accent tbf) when they just aren’t reading properly.

Zen86

We’re obviously not a great side. Great sides win more than one league title.

Posh Red

So take penalties out of the premier league this season and that puts Man Utd on 33 points in second and Liverpool in 9th on 26 points. I think he can shut up now.

https://www.sportbible.com/football...b5hSRRE_I2vmtcnyyPZZABsXhC2AX-bu5uR8DRqUlE3KI
I did the maths on this earlier and I’m pretty sure it’s wrong in terms of united, although the Liverpool number seem to be correct. Looking at united we would have dropped two points each against Villa, Brighton and West Brom i.e. six points (compared to Liverpool’s seven). This would put us on 30 points level with Spurs I think? Maybe someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Mihai

It’s in the Daily Mail version.

But anyway, he’s saying that ‘aura’ or belief we got all the decisions has eased, not that the favourable decisions have become less. You’ve got pricks like ex-Liverpool Didi Hamann losing his shit on Twitter about it, scousers frothing at the mouth (pretty easy with that accent tbf) when they just aren’t reading properly.
Strange that espn didn't include it. :lol: I can imagine the uproar. Scousers must be signing the petition to revoke all titles under SAF and printing out shirts as we speak.

Flexdegea

My point? I didn't have a point. I just posted that I didn't think you were anything special and that's what started all this. I get that you are excited, rightfully so. And I don't think Liverpool 20 were a greater side than Utd 99 or 08 either.

Why you obsessed about a commanding win against supposed big hitters like Chelsea and arsenal who are down the table? :lol:

We've Already tanked everton away, and beat Southampton, while drawing against leiciester and city. We currently sit top of the actual table. Makes no odds if we hammer yous at weekend and then lose or drew against low down teams. Points total end of season all that matters. You get the title win and bonus trophy for hammering the most top 6 sides.

I've experienced 13 title wins from us over the years, every year was different from the other, some years you be top of that imaginary top 6 big game table, other years be near the bottom but didn't matter as we tanked all the other teams.

The point you are making is stupid