Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

TheReligion

Abusive
Misunderstood your last sentence then, no worries.
Watch whatever you want anyway. Don't let people get you worked up on the matter. You know the Caf though and you'll never live it down. Especially being a horrible Scouse. It is what it is. You'll probably get a tagline and everyone will move on. Don't let this define you.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
You would decline an invite to the Le Mans 24h if it meant you missed a United game?
Le Mans is in June, there's no football on. They have shown World Cup and European Championship football in the café/bar anyway.

I think I went to Silverstone for the WEC in April, but listened to the match on the radio.

Is that acceptable to you?

simmee

What a trainwreck this thread became. Gave me a laugh reading Robin managing to discredit his own opinion more and more with every post though.

Real Name

What a trainwreck this thread became. Gave me a laugh reading Robin managing to discredit his own opinion more and more with every post though.
Strangest part is he admitted he watched only one United game but readily concluded we're nothing special and have no style of play.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
In the last seven years of Fergie's reign we won the title five times, lost it on goal difference once and lost it by one point once. It tends to be forgotten just how close we came to winning seven seasons in a row. Add in a CL title, another two CL finals (losing to arguably the best football team of all time) and injuries probably costing us another CL title in 06/07 when Milan were able to take advantage of pretty much our entire defence being out in the semi (and Ronaldo playing with an injured ankle), and it really was a period of domination.
Yep. Imagine 7 in a row.
When we lost the title on gd we actually lost it by a whisker. Had Evra's shot got in in that Everton game we would have won that game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep. Imagine 7 in a row.
When we lost the title on gd we actually lost it by a whisker. Had Evra's shot got in in that Everton game we would have won that game.
Or if that Ferdinand left footed drive in about the 93rd min had gone in at 4-4

I'm still shocked by that game, walking out numbed.

Comfy 4-2 up, Evra hits the post.
They get back in it, and at 4-3 we're trying to firm it up with a defensive sub.
They go 4-4 and we still bring that sub on!

Fellaini utterly battered us that day. By far his best performance at Old Trafford!

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
The closer it gets, the more excited I am. This is the most important game we’ve played for a while.

Against United, for 1st place, trying to pick ourselves up after a terrible month, getting the season back on track,

I’m watching it with my two United supporting mates. God, I want to shut them up :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The closer it gets, the more excited I am. This is the most important game we’ve played for a while.

Against United, for 1st place, trying to pick ourselves up after a terrible month, getting the season back on track,

I’m watching it with my two United supporting mates. God, I want to shut them up :lol:
I can't remember the last time we played one another with the stakes set so high.

I'm looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measure.

I still fancy 4-0 to United though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What does everyone make of clattenburgs comments?
I thought he was spot on.

Klopp was clearly trying to influence the refs with his comments, which shows how worried he is about our recent resurgence coupled with his own teams' poor form.

He wouldn't have bothered making those comments 12 months ago as he didn't rate us one bit.

brzez

What does everyone make of clattenburgs comments?
We lost the league 2011/12 by a wrongly allowed penalty against Newcastle at Old Trafford. So for all the talk about the Man United aura, that supposedly gave us favorable calls under Sir Alex, did indeed not go our way the 26th November 2011 and certainly punished us that season.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I thought he was spot on.

Klopp was clearly trying to influence the refs with his comments, which shows how worried he is about our recent resurgence coupled with his own teams' poor form.

He wouldn't have bothered making those comments 12 months ago as he didn't rate us one bit.
It's nothing that Fergie didn't do and it obviously worked. Clearly you were a great team and deservedly won the things you did but Fergie would happily try to influence refs and he was somewhat successful according to Clattenburg

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I can't remember the last time we played one another with the stakes set so high.

I'm looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measure.

I still fancy 4-0 to United though.
Same here.

I actually think that the stakes are higher for us. We need win and a good performance much more than you.

In any case, even if we don’t win, I just hope it’s a good game and not two teams being happy with a draw from the start.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's nothing that Fergie didn't do and it obviously worked. Clearly you were a great team and deservedly won the things you did but Fergie would happily try to influence refs and he was somewhat successful according to Clattenburg
Maybe, maybe not.

Either way, it's unlikely those "favourable" decisions would have had any real impact on the outcome of a title race.

One thing we cannot deny is the existence of Fergie Time.

Mmmmm Fergie Time :drool:

simmee

Strangest part is he admitted he watched only one United game but readily concluded we're nothing special and have no style of play.
Then tried to make it seem like he was a victim in all of it and that people were unfair to him.

Redcy

That’s not what he said, but unsurprising scousers making up their own narrative based on FACHTS. The paranoia and bitterness starts at the top and ends with fans.

the masses of numpties are already flooding in with banal comments

Fridge chutney

There's only so far Fernandes can be pushed every game
Well thankfully Pogba has stepped up in January as Bruno has looked a bit off the pace (compared to his usual imperious self) so it shows that he doesn't need to bear all of the creative burden. I imagine we'll only strengthen further in the summer so the "over-reliance" on Bruno can further be remediated and perhaps we can genuinely push for the league next year (still think we're not quite there this year).

But thanks for looking out for the health and well-being of our squad :D

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
@TheRedHearted

Saw your post in the match thread but I can’t reply in there so I will here instead.

Most of our rotation has been forced this season imo due to injuries. Alisson has missed some games forcing us to play Adrian (and later Kelleher when Adrian was useless). We had a run where we played Neco Williams at RB due to an injury to TAA, and have had about 14 different CB partnerships this season. Phillips and Rhys Williams have both started a few league/European games.

Fabinho has had to move to CB so that opened up a space in midfield. Thiago and Keita have been injured as well which has given Curtis Jones a lot of game time. He struggled massively in our draws against West Brom and Newcastle but he had some good games too. Henderson has been below par recently too and Wijnaldum has been our best midfielder this season (he’s off to Barcelona in the summer). Chamberlain and Shaqiri have spent most of the season injured.

Up top Jota hit the ground running which gave an excuse for Klopp to rotate a bit there. Salah and Mane have played most games but there’s an argument that Jota (currently injured) is a better option than Firmino.

Rotation has been forced more than anything, at least as far as the Premier League is concerned.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
That’s not what he said, but unsurprising scousers making up their own narrative based on FACHTS. The paranoia and bitterness starts at the top and ends with fans.

the masses of numpties are already flooding in with banal comments
"He (Klopp) is wrong to suggest there is an aura around United that sees them given favourable decisions. There used to be when Fergie was there, but that has eased massively since he left".

Favourable decisions due to an aura that was there when Fergie was there. Not making my own narrative, just reading the words.
Oh, and I'm not bitter. I'm an (almost) 40 year old father of 5. I have very few things in life to be bitter about and Utd getting some favourable decisions sometimes is not one of them.

Last edited:

TheRedHearted

@TheRedHearted

Saw your post in the match thread but I can’t reply in there so I will here instead.

Most of our rotation has been forced this season imo due to injuries. Alisson has missed some games forcing us to play Adrian (and later Kelleher when Adrian was useless). We had a run where we played Neco Williams at RB due to an injury to TAA, and have had about 14 different CB partnerships this season. Phillips and Rhys Williams have both started a few league/European games.

Fabinho has had to move to CB so that opened up a space in midfield. Thiago and Keita have been injured as well which has given Curtis Jones a lot of game time. He struggled massively in our draws against West Brom and Newcastle but he had some good games too. Henderson has been below par recently too and Wijnaldum has been our best midfielder this season (he’s off to Barcelona in the summer). Chamberlain and Shaqiri have spent most of the season injured.

Up top Jota hit the ground running which gave an excuse for Klopp to rotate a bit there. Salah and Mane have played most games but there’s an argument that Jota (currently injured) is a better option than Firmino.

Rotation has been forced more than anything, at least as far as the Premier League is concerned.
Is Wijnaldum officially off to Barcelona, as if they've already signed him?

Amazing you are where you are considering the CB problem.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Is Wijnaldum officially off to Barcelona, as if they've already signed him?

Amazing you are where you are considering the CB problem.
Not officially but he hasn’t signed a new contract and it seems likely he won’t now, so he’ll go for free in the summer like Emre Can did a couple of years ago. I’d be gutted to see him go.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Nice camera there. Picture is clear and detail. And I don't think that's a studio photo for any official profile.

or maybe for his twitter @realJurgenKlopp.

Last edited:

Matro

Supports
Progress
Not allowed to post media yet, but I thought this gem was to good to not tell

«Is Jurgen Klopp cracking? And are Ole & Sir Alex lovong it?» on youtube by Conor Moore

Bwuk

There’s no plan B if the front 3 don’t click. They could do with signing a proper striker.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The greatest manager and team around in the history of football couldn't beat us today.
Was it the turf?
Was it the weather?
Was it ............?

They're all cnut bigheads.