Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Dir Wangem

It's eerie how good he is at making teams overperfom. Shades of Fergie(in terms of management style).

His players love him and will do whatever it takes to succeed. I wonder if he'd be able to create the same atmosphere with a team of entitled primadonnas as well? If he could, then he'd be unstoppable. But where would he go after Liverpool? It's never gonna be us or Bayern. Real seems like a mismatch. Italy and France aren't "big" enough. Maybe Barcelona?

Clas Sified

It's eerie how good he is at making teams overperfom. Shades of Fergie(in terms of management style).

His players love him and will do whatever it takes to succeed. I wonder if he'd be able to create the same atmosphere with a team of entitled primadonnas as well? If he could, then he'd be unstoppable. But where would he go after Liverpool? It's never gonna be us or Bayern. Real seems like a mismatch. Italy and France aren't "big" enough. Maybe Barcelona?
Could stay for a while at Liverpool if we're being honest. Especially if he manages to get them challenging again.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München

Managing Germany and then retire. He always said he doesn't want to coach past 60. Him being 55 when his Liverpool contract expires in 2022, that would be a perfect fit.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's been pretty clear since the day he took over that he is perfect for them

Last season he improved them significantly but were still inconsistent. This season so far he seems to have solved that

Also has a very useful knack of getting the very very best out of some average players

lem8sh

Still early days, but Liverpool are looking frighteningly good this season, and with no european football to distract them, i firmly believe they will finish in the top four. Might even challenge for the title :nervous:
They will undoubtedly challenge for the title in my opinion. No European football is a huge advantage considering the way they play.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
You seem quite pleased posters hoping for him to struggle are (currently) being proven wrong, almost as if he's a horrible twat, in charge of a whole club of them.
fecking weird...
No, I'm hoping he flops too, but the thread title suggest that he's already flopping, which he clearly isn't. It's a stupid thread title.

Sam M

No, I'm hoping he flops too, but the thread title suggest that he's already flopping, which he clearly isn't. It's a stupid thread title.
Using thread titles to determine what's going on is a bit weird, let alone the '':('', almost like you couldn't wait to have been proven right...

Green_Red

They were lucky today. If that penalty hadnt come they wouldnt have won. Theyve started the season well but they wont be contenders come May.

TheReligion

Abusive
Still early days, but Liverpool are looking frighteningly good this season, and with no european football to distract them, i firmly believe they will finish in the top four. Might even challenge for the title :nervous:
Frighteningly good? Really? You'd think they were Barca given some of the comments on here..

They look good but not world beaters. They were fortune to take all the points today and still look pretty vulnerable defensively in my opinion.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They were lucky today. If that penalty hadnt come they wouldnt have won. Theyve started the season well but they wont be contenders come May.
You wouldn't have won at Hull either if you hadn't scored in injury time. But you did, and you won. Pointless to debate how it would've been otherwise.

podurban2

I wouldn't say they are that good at all. I think they will struggle to make top 4.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Frighteningly good? Really? You'd think they were Barca given some of the comments on here..

They look good but not world beaters. They were fortune to take all the points today and still look pretty vulnerable defensively in my opinion.
Getting three points from a poor performance is the mark of a good team. They are not on par with us, City and Arsenal when it comes to individual talent, but as a team they seem very strong

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
They're Newcastle under Kevin Keegan. I predict a Keeganesque meltdown, too, if they get within touching distance of the title at the end of the season.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
They're in great form, and, hating that club as much as I do, it's fecking painful to admit, but Klopp is a world class manager and was always going to improve them. Not convinced about their defensive capacity yet, but going forward they look very good.

TheReligion

Abusive
Getting three points from a poor performance is the mark of a good team. They are not on par with us, City and Arsenal when it comes to individual talent, but as a team they seem very strong
That may be but frighteningly good? Come on! They were beaten by Burnley earlier this season and today struggled over the line against Swansea.

Everyone needs to calm down. They look good and well organised going forward but ship goals.

Treble

I agree with this.

Klopp is for Liverpool what Simeone is for Atleti. In terms of talent Atleti are far inferior to Madrid and Barca but as a team they are up there. Same with Liverpool. Their squad isn't top 4 quality but as a team they are top 3, IMO.

TheReligion

Abusive
I agree with this.

Klopp is for Liverpool what Simeone is for Atleti. In terms of talent Atleti are far inferior to Madrid and Barca but as a team they are up there. Same with Liverpool. Their squad isn't top 4 quality but as a team they are top 3, IMO.
Disagree. Godin, Koke, Griezmann, Niguez off top of my head. Better than anything at Liverpool and certainly good enough for Barca or Real.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Really good win today. Swansea gave us as hard fought a game as anyone will this season, they did really well to lower our level in the first half and we still ground out the win.

If Guidolin can get more performances like this out of them, they will collect the points they need.

Treble

Disagree. Godin, Koke, Griezmann, Niguez off top of my head. Better than anything at Liverpool and certainly good enough for Barca or Real.
Not sure about that. Atleti do not have so many talented players compared to Barca and Madrid (fecking Torres starts many games for them, MSN cost probably more than their entire team) but as a team are nearly as good. Same with Liverpool compared to the top English teams.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure about that. Atleti do not have so many talented players compared to Barca and Madrid (fecking Torres starts many games for them, MSN cost probably more than their entire team) but as a team are nearly as good. Same with Liverpool compared to the top English teams.
Athletico have some world class players. Griezmann would get in the Real side as would Godin. Godin would also start for Barca. Koke and Niguez are both top players too. Athletico are nothing like Liverpool for me.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Athletico have some world class players. Griezmann would get in the Real side as would Godin. Godin would also start for Barca. Koke and Niguez are both top players too. Athletico are nothing like Liverpool for me.
Yeah no doubt athletico have better players and a very good team ethic. Something klopp is building with us.

Simeone gets the most out of them - but they're not great entertainment to watch.

However long klopp stays with us (hopefully a long time) I hope we don't hire a cautious defensive manager after him. Houllier and Rafa, whilst they both brought us some good times, changed the attacking philosophy which had been central to the clubs identity and success for so long.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I agree with this.

I would concur.

Robbie Boy

I know, some of the comments are so ott. You would swear they're running away with the league. Christ.

Treble

The point is not that Atleti do not have 2-3 players who would start for Barca and Real but that overall they do not have so many world class talents. Liverpool also have 2-3 players that would start for United and Chelsea, if not even more.

itso 7

I don't think its possible with Guradiola around and by the time he fecks off Klopp would habe been found out or poached by Bayern. Good team and all but he will do well to match what FSW did for them.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not a fan of the new thread title, especially when our next fixture is United. Change it back to Klopp Flop watch! Please!!!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This high energy stuff doesn't work without a winter break.

His Dortmund side would take a month off from late December to late January. Liverpool will play 8 or 9 games over that period.

TheReligion

Abusive
The point is not that Atleti do not have 2-3 players who would start for Barca and Real but that overall they do not have so many world class talents. Liverpool also have 2-3 players that would start for United and Chelsea, if not even more.
I'm not sure your point. Athletico have the 3rd best squad in La Liga. It's an awful comparison in my opinion.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
This high energy stuff doesn't work without a winter break.

His Dortmund side would take a month off from late December to late January. Liverpool will play 8 or 9 games over that period.
The other teams in Germany had the same break and the teams in England will play the same amount of games during that time - and our rivals will all have played 6 European games by then also.

I think it will be next season when we're hopefully back in Europe when our high energy game might hamper us more - but we have a couple of Windows to strengthen the squad before then.

JeffBoomTetris

He has really implemented a direct system of play and it seems he'll take them to top 4(?). But today's result vs swansea was mostly grinding and good luck. They won't have it that way against better opponents