Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Fridge chutney

Does Klopp often make strange decisions with subs?

I don't understand why be didn't bring Thiago and Shaqiri earlier.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His subs was laughable today. The fans moaned about Jota. Well, guess what, based on today’s sub, he would probably bring Jota on in 91st minute if he has Jota fit on the bench. Wijnaldum was very weird one, it’s like Klopp prefers draw rather than trying to take a risk to win it. Darlow was very good against us and spurs, it took us 80th minute until we could actually scored 3 goals so him making those saves weren’t just one game wonder.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
And Pereira would be the advanced midfielder who filled the gap at striker when the both shifted out wide. He would also join the press on Pool’s defensive triangle. Ole did very well tactically that game and was the reason why a real subpar team nearly beat them. Put it this way, if he gets it as right against Pool in January, we will win the game. We have better players now.
This ignores how good we are at Anfield and that Klopp already has a win from the corresponding fixture last season.

Still it’s going to be an interesting game.

RashyForPM

This ignores how good we are at Anfield and that Klopp already has a win from the corresponding fixture last season.

For you, VVD was absolutely imperious in January. He won’t be there. Neither will Gomez. Neither will Matip in all likelihood. With Williams or Phillips besides a natural DM in Fabinho at CB, our attackers needn’t be too worried. Also, in that game, you had fans, which you won’t in this one. Finally, back then, we had Pereira at AM and Dan James at LW. Now, it’s Bruno and Rashford.

It’s a very different game now. You’re still favourites because of players like Alisson, the full backs and your front 2, all of whom are world class, but it wouldn’t be a monumental shock if we beat you. Sort of like our meetings in 08-09 when we were top dog but you kept beating us. Hope the table is like the 08-09 one at the end of the season too :D

But yeah, point stands. If Ole gets it as remarkably right as he did in that 1-1 game, I believe we will win.

Chief123

I don’t think Anfield will be as big a factor this time around. It’s the first time Liverpool and Utd playing at anfield with no crowd.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
For you, VVD was absolutely imperious in January. He won’t be there. Neither will Gomez. Neither will Matip in all likelihood. With Williams or Phillips besides a natural DM in Fabinho at CB, our attackers needn’t be too worried. Also, in that game, you had fans, which you won’t in this one. Finally, back then, we had Pereira at AM and Dan James at LW. Now, it’s Bruno and Rashford.

It’s a very different game now. You’re still favourites because of players like Alisson, the full backs and your front 2, all of whom are world class, but it wouldn’t be a monumental shock if we beat you. Sort of like our meetings in 08-09 when we were top dog but you kept beating us. Hope the table is like the 08-09 one at the end of the season too :D

But yeah, point stands. If Ole gets it as remarkably right as he did in that 1-1 game, I believe we will win.
Those are fair points but I think you’ll need to be very good on the day to get the win. I’m hoping Thiago will be a game changer for us in midfield and allow us to dictate games more than we have been.

I do think United drift in and out of games. There’re times you look excellent and others where you look disjointed. If you can get Rashford or Martial into good one on one situations with Williams or Phillips then you’ll create some good opportunities. Fernandes is the one to fear-though.

RashyForPM

Those are fair points but I think you’ll need to be very good on the day to get the win. I’m hoping Thiago will be a game changer for us in midfield and allow us to dictate games more than we have been.

I do think United drift in and out of games. There’re times you look excellent and others where you look disjointed. If you can get Rashford or Martial into good one on one situations with Williams or Phillips then you’ll create some good opportunities. Fernandes is the one to fear-though.
Yeah I forgot Thiago. Fred and McT will have to be at their energetic best to stop him dictating the play, like a Park on Pirlo job. And you say we drift in and out, and we definitely do, but we can’t do that against you lot. If we have a Leeds type of game (while defending well of course), we’ll have a massive chance.

On a side note, do you guys do man-marking? Will Henderson do a anchor man job on Bruno?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I forgot Thiago. Fred and McT will have to be at their energetic best to stop him dictating the play, like a Park on Pirlo job. And you say we drift in and out, and we definitely do, but we can’t do that against you lot. If we have a Leeds type of game (while defending well of course), we’ll have a massive chance.

On a side note, do you guys do man-marking? Will Henderson do a anchor man job on Bruno?
Not really but we might plan our press around specific areas of the pitch. I wouldn’t expect any midfielder to stay with Fernandes though. It’s not like Klopp to plan for a game in that way.

I do wonder if Solskjaer will go 3-5-2. It’s a better match for how we play.

Gasolin

Not really but we might plan our press around specific areas of the pitch. I wouldn’t expect any midfielder to stay with Fernandes though. It’s not like Klopp to plan for a game in that way.

I do wonder if Solskjaer will go 3-5-2. It’s a better match for how we play.
Nobody knows, we might want to try a 4/2/2/2 to get the ball more ourselves.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I don’t mean this as wum because I’ve actually enjoyed watching liverpools football last couple of years. But in the last 12 months or so, it feels like they’ve become a boring team to watch with an element of predictability about them. Full backs just constantly firing it in to the front 3. Or am I being clouded in my views?
I agree. Its effective because Salah/Mane are incredibly good at winning those long balls, but its hardly impressive from a tactical standpoint.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Drew against WBA and Newcastle. Surely, his tactics need to be questioned as they're struggling to beat low blocks :angel:.

These results highlight that in football, weird results happen and one doesn't always need to have a fecking meltdown when we draw/lose a game

Last edited:

Grande

His antics at United would be covered so differently; even Jose gets called out to an extent where as this guy gets to say what he likes whenever he likes; rage at officials on sidelines but it’s i. the name of Pool so it’s ‘pashun’ - never known a manager tell the opposition how they should & shouldn’t play.
This.

Can name of thread be changed to Newcastle If life gives you lemons make lemonade ?

@Samid
And this.

Dan_F

Fabinho is outstanding cover at CB. They’ve had a result moving a CM into there and him being so good. Their issue is they rely so heavily on their front 3 for goals, if they start to dry up, they will keep dropping points (hopefully).
Definitely. I was thinking last night how much worse it would be for them if they didn’t have him. Imagine us playing Matic there for example. It’s pretty funny that it’s not even the defence fault for their dropped points.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
As much as I don’t think we’re ready for a title challenge, I just can’t stop thinking about how entertaining the victory parade that Klopp promised Liverpool fans would be if we were champions at the time.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
As much as I don’t think we’re ready for a title challenge, I just can’t stop thinking about how entertaining the victory parade that Klopp promised Liverpool fans would be if we were champions at the time.
:lol: please Lord, the world has had a tough year and we need this.

EngimaMK

Liverpool have been average for almost an entire calendar year (Atleti away when their slump started was in mid February) and yet have seemingly been top of the league the entire time. That’s some indictment of the quality of the league.
No it isn't

Cloud7

He really is such a sore loser. Probably the worst of it in the entire league. His comments are also so very strange.

I feel like he's close to a full blown meltdown, and if us or city happened to get a few points ahead of them, we might see a Rafa-esque meltdown.

LARulz

:lol: that would make them winning it last year worth it

tenpoless

He really is such a sore loser. Probably the worst of it in the entire league. His comments are also so very strange.

I feel like he's close to a full blown meltdown, and if us or city happened to get a few points ahead of them, we might see a Rafa-esque meltdown.
Fact sheets about Mr. Solskjaer incoming

Jonno

I genuinely tune in every time he drops points to watch the same thing happen. He can't help himself. I'm always waiting for the excuse to arrive. Sometimes points 4-6 will come in a different order of appearance.

1. Starts off looking calm, wants to portray he's OK
2. He will receive the first question from the interviewer
3. No matter what question is asked, the same ramble/rant will come out
4. It will consist of an excuse, then he will backtrack turn it into a compliment for the opponent
5. Then he will change his mind that its a compliment and throw the excuse in again
6. Then a dodgy philosophy quote
7. Then you'll realise 5+ minutes have passed without him stopping talking

Sometimes it's best to keep your answers short, sweet and get off camera.

Anustart89

Leeds and Sheff United too.

What i've noticed is the narrow wins you got last season just aren't happening as much this year. Its expected after working so hard to become Champions.
A lot of the games this season is how I expected a lot of the games last season to go, but they were bailed out by late goals, howlers from keepers, penalties etc. I don't think they were anywhere near as good as their point tally suggested last season.

JustinC00

Liverpool have been average for almost an entire calendar year (Atleti away when their slump started was in mid February) and yet have seemingly been top of the league the entire time. That’s some indictment of the quality of the league.
Since Bruno debuted (Feb 1 2020)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Average is relative to the high and insane standards they (and City) set before that period to be fair. I mean, both teams are obviously underperforming but their point totals are nearly similar to our point total since Bruno came on board which says a lot

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Average is relative to the high and insane standards they (and City) set before that period to be fair. I mean, both teams are obviously underperforming but their point totals are nearly similar to our point total since Bruno came on board which says a lot
We haven't exactly been great either, thats what is says

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Both Ole and Wilder did that against them last year successfully. I was very surprised that nobody else adopted that to make it a huge success.
To be fair, opposition managers did work out Alexander-Arnold a bit in the second half of last season. His assists tailed off with only one from the last 11 league games and he’s carried it on into this year with just 2 PL assists. On the other hand, Robertson’s productivity has increased during the same period.

With their ppg they’d get 80 points which is below a PL title total margin in most seasons. It’s definitely relative but it’s only a few months since people were calling this Liverpool team arguably the best Premier League team ever.

It’s not just the results either. Performance wise I remember way more jammy unconvincing wins than genuinely awesome performances. (Although to be fair even in the first half of last season they had a lot of wins like that).

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Leeds and Sheff United too.

What i've noticed is the narrow wins you got last season just aren't happening as much this year. Its expected after working so hard to become Champions.
Working so hard? You mean the years leading up to last season I hope? Last season we had to work until New Year before it was obvious that we'd win the league.

Since Bruno debuted (Feb 1 2020)

Stats without context don't really say anything. For (I think) more than a third of those games we were already champions and didn't have anything to play for while Utd needed every point for their top 4 race last season.

Of course it does show that we've regressed after our great start to last season and that you've improved. At least points wise, I still don't think you play well enough to sustain a season-long title race, but it might not be necessary either if we keep throwing points away to relegation candidates.

AshRK

Always habe a strong feeling that his career will become like wenger's if he continues to stay at Pool. A great manager who never evolved and was a sore loser. We have to do a number on him this January for sure.

CiroDiMarzio

"If life gives you lemons, you go into the post-match interview and complain that it didn't give you the lemons at the right time, the lemons were too yellow, the peel was too thick, and you actually wanted an orange."

Reactions: Penna

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Compare where we are with where we are coming from. I'd say the last few days on here has been optimistic and happy, no?
Not really the point.
I think we are progressing (somewhat), I'm just pointing out that its not just a case of Pool and City being below their usual insane standards. Liverpool haven't been playing well for some time irrespective of those standards. And we are not near the standards we want/need to be at yet.

Josep Dowling

I genuinely tune in every time he drops points to watch the same thing happen. He can't help himself. I'm always waiting for the excuse to arrive. Sometimes points 4-6 will come in a different order of appearance.

1. Starts off looking calm, wants to portray he's OK
2. He will receive the first question from the interviewer
3. No matter what question is asked, the same ramble/rant will come out
4. It will consist of an excuse, then he will backtrack turn it into a compliment for the opponent
5. Then he will change his mind that its a compliment and throw the excuse in again
6. Then a dodgy philosophy quote
7. Then you'll realise 5+ minutes have passed without him stopping talking

Sometimes it's best to keep your answers short, sweet and get off camera.
I’ve noticed this. He rarely answers the interviewer’s question, he just rambles a lot of broken English that doesn’t make much sense. He’s incredibly rude about the opposition as well but because he says it with a smile on his face no one cares.